How does it feel knowing your life is nothing more than a trial and error for evolution which might or might not...

How does it feel knowing your life is nothing more than a trial and error for evolution which might or might not contribute a fraction so tiny you couldn't even comprehend towards the next generation.

You have the same purpose as a random ant, just a pawn in the game of evolution with the genes no other living organism has for the sole purpose of trial and error with the outcome of making your species the tiniest bit more evolved.

Your life has no other meaning or purpose

And how exactly is this a problem?

who said it was

you heavily implied so with the tone of your writing. Otherwise the whole post would've been constructed in a different way

the tone was more to drill the fact of how little an individual life means, didnt mean it to come across as a problem or anything

so what?

just saying bro

you made it sound like a huge problem. You could've just summarized the whole post with the last phrase, if you were truly "just saying" without an ulterior motive

ill do that next time if there is a next tieme

So, you're saying that comparing people to ants, and calling them pawns, was not meant to convey any sort of value judgment? Do you think we're all idiots? It's pretty clear what you were getting at, don't backpedal like a pussy.

>How does it feel

It feels like nothing. What you say is an absolute truth of the universe. A fact.

Just like gravity does not make me feel anything, or just like Wiles Theorem does not make me feel anything, the fact you present does not also make me feel anything.

We were born into a universe with properties. One of those properties is meaninglessness. Having opinions about those inherent properties is irrational. Just like it would be irrational to daydream about how life would be if we could all fly and have super powers and shit, it is also irrational to think about of world with meaning, as such a world does not exist.

we are though, every living creature is just a pawn in the game of evolution. What i was getting at is how little an individual life means, im not backpedaling lol unless ive misunderstood what you meant

Should've posted this blog to Facebook OP, you'd get the effect you're looking for. This is Veeky Forums, nobody gives a fuck about feelings.

i really like that answer. I predicted it would make alot of people angry that someone implyed they didnt matter. Thanks for sharing

i doubt even 10% of the people on facebook could comprehend this lol nevermind believe it

Well I was just pointing out that your tone suggests that this is something people would regard with negative emotions.
Anyways, I don't have much of an emotional reaction to the facts of evolution because I have been studying biology for most of my life. I have an undergrad degree in biology and a master's in genetics. I'm about to begin a doctorate in genetics, and I have been fascinated by evolution since I was a small child and my parents would take me to the museum or library every week. The fact that the scale of my life is very small is something that I've taken as a given for as long as I can remember, that doesn't really take away from my motivation to become successful.

>I predicted it would make alot of people angry that someone implyed they didnt matter.

The native Veeky Forums posters are smart enough to have realized everything you posted by the time they were 12. I already knew those things when I was 12, for one.

The only people who would struggle with it are cross-boarders like /pol/tards but as this isn't a race thread I doubt they will even pay attention to it. But if they do then they would get angry, as they are a bunch of christcucks with skydaddy issues.

I heavily suggest you post this in /pol/ if your objective is causing outrage. Other low-intelligence boards like /b/, /v/ and Veeky Forums would work.

oh thats intresting, can i ask what the percentage of people in your field are creationists? A common argument i hear is that some well known biologists and scientists and creationists but i cant wrap my head around how its possible. Like a mathmatition who thinks you can divide by 0

You rekted OP pretty god damn hard.

user 1 - OP 0

ill put it on /pol/ later, see how the responses compare to here

>oh thats intresting, can i ask what the percentage of people in your field are creationists?
Depending on how you'd define the field, probably .05% (if we only include people with a master's or higher, and define my field as "genetics") to 10% (if we include undergrads volunteering in labs, and include the veterinary sciences and medicine under the broad field of "biology").

You can divide by zero, ofc. Mathematics just don't know the answer yet.

Cornerstone of mathematics is ability to say that any combination of objects and morphisms has a definite answer you can describe exactly.

When you say creationist do you mean in the God sense or what?

Because I hear a lot of scientists spout secular creationist shitposts they call hypotheses

It's honestly very uplifting.

when i asked i meant it like adam and eve creationists

I mean young earth creationism/7-day biblical literalism. If you include people who believe in any deity that created the universe the number goes up by a lot because of moderate Christians, Jews, Hindus, and Muslims (for example, out of 12 professors in my department, one is a devout muslim, one is some sort of churchgoing, old-earth-creationism Protestant, one is a secular deist jewish woman, the rest are agnostic (as far as I can discern).

We are alive but we dont live.
We can be happy but thats it.
It's over once you die.
Don't search for what cannot be found.

>How does it feel...

Your post sounds quite nihilistic. In fact it reminds me of the sort of thing religious types say when they're trying to give opiate to the masses. Evolution amongst hominids is driven by intelligence, in that area individuals can make big contributions.

>How does it feel?
It feels like I saw this on /pol/ already.