Using my magic powers I am offering to reincarnate you immediately into a new life, with conditions

Using my magic powers I am offering to reincarnate you immediately into a new life, with conditions.

Your new life will be as a decently attractive teenaged white girl, from an upper-middle class American family, in a predominantly white upper-middle class American suburb. You will attend the suburb's predominantly white upper-middle class high school.
You will not be a Stacy or part of her clique, however you will not be a loser either, you'll be part of a mildly popular clique and have a small amount of good friends you can rely on.

Obviously all memories of your past life will be erased and you will only have the knowledge and memories of this teenaged white girl.
Do you accept? Think about it, the biggest problems you will ever know and have to deal with are whatever bullshit drama Stacy and her clique cooked up, and >that feel when Chad is dating stacy. On the other hand, it seems like the most boring, shallow existence possible.

1- Can I choose to be born in a different time (for example, the 60s) in this same timeline without one single deviation from the timeline as it is here?
2- Can I program myself to become a different kind of person (for example, have an interest in technology and Japan with an introverted personality and high IQ as opposed to being some generic white girl)?
I will take the deal if yes for both questions.

>1- Can I choose to be born in a different time (for example, the 60s) in this same timeline without one single deviation from the timeline as it is here?

No. You are born exactly 17 years ago from today.

>2- Can I program myself to become a different kind of person (for example, have an interest in technology and Japan with an introverted personality and high IQ as opposed to being some generic white girl)?

You could, in theory, but you are not predestined for that. This will only happen if there is a major factor that affects your life significantly, enough that you get away from the average American female lifestyle. Maybe a bad drug trip, an abusive boyfriend or an extremely good teacher. It is very unlikely though.

I'd take the offer

Life would be immeasurably easier. I can marry some rich guy from Houston and live in a nice house, drive a BMW X5 van and go have starbucks with my friends at the local mall. I'd never have to work a day in my life, I'd have a maid to clean my house twice a week and I'd spend my time playing tennis or doing some retarded artsy business while my husband brings the money home.

Sure I'd be extremely shallow and boring, but I would not be lonely and suicidal. Average girls do not realize how shallow they are, how their tastes are shit, for them this is their life and they enjoy it. Even if for me that enjoyment is fake, it's still better than nothing.

Would I eat the stake in the Matrix? Yes I would

seems like you have a pretty shallow opinion of the issues other people face in their lives

Then I refuse the deal. It wouldn't be truly myself. I think there is some kind of dignity in being a complete disaster of a person, you lose this dignity when you accept the easy life at the expense of leaving behind what you truly believe in. It's how a person betrays himself. It's suicide without death. Abandoning your memories without moving forward to what you truly want. Accepting the deal would be no different from reincarnating as a spider or a whale. It's easier to just die and leave this ride.

Is it really that bad not to be "yourself" if you'd be happy?

You are assuming that things like happiness and dignity are objective. They are not, they are 100% subjective.

Your problems are not harder or simpler than >that feel when Chad is dating Stacy; the fact that you like artsy bands from Norway and Iceland does not make you a better person than somebody who likes Katy Perry; enjoying Sartre isn't a better "level" of enjoyment than enjoying Dan Brown.

I'd rather be happy because Chad smiled at me on the bus this morning than wasting my life in this fucking shithole speaking with other social outcasts, virgins and pedophiles about extremely stupid matters on a Sunday night. No offense to you of course, but where is the dignity in that?

I don't know. I am just a pathetic loser, I know as much about how the world works as the next average dumbass. But I have a dream, it's some kind of fantasy. I posted those questions in my first reply because if the answers were yes they would allow me to let this dream come true. I know it will never come true. But I can at least try to keep integrity. I hope to never give up on this dream. When you give up on a dream, you are betraying yourself. Every time you have a dream and you give up on it, you don't have to reincarnate into another body. You already died and it's someone else. I have already killed myself many times, and I don't want it to happen again. As I already said, I don't understand nothing about life, death, anything at all. It's all so complicated and it doesn't make sense. Maybe hanging on to this dream helps me give a sense of something, I don't know. I think at least I know that none of this will ever come true, and my whole life is as worth as a piece of dirty toilet paper.

This logic goes both ways though. Having a "cool hobby" isn't better than having an "autistic hobby"; playing football or surfing isn't objectively better than browsing Veeky Forums all day or playing vidya. Subjectively it is, but objectively it really isn't.

Life itself is completely meaningless. The meaning of life is whatever meaning you give it, so if you lose part of that then as you said, part of you dies in the very literal sense of the word.

I'd love to have a different life but I don't. This is what it is, there is nothing else. The only options you have are to live or to die, there is no third option. If hanging on to whatever dream you have gives your life meaning then it's objectively just as good as any other reason people give themselves not to jump from a bridge.

I would have accepted if you had not added that you will take away my memories.

Otherwise, I would make it as a woman. I mean, I would get free gibs, people would open doors for me, and perhaps I could be the next woman getting a free fields medal now that we give a diversity fields medal now. But that last part won't happen if I don't keep my memories.

I think that if I keep my memories then even though I would be using a less powerful and perhaps sub-human brain I could still do math at a pretty high level. I already know all my logic so I don't mind having to work with a slower engine.

But having to start from 0 as a woman? Holy fuck, is it even fucking possible to learn calculus with a female brain? Fuck that.

>is it even fucking possible to learn calculus with a female brain?
why would it not be?

>why would it not be?

Well, I doubt that a woman can learn calculus unless you make the analogy:
>Imagine you have a function that takes a time t as input and outputs how much Chad wants to fuck you. Now consider an instant in which Chad first sees you in your new dress and imagine you could measure the infinitesimal change in how much he likes you after seeing you dressed like a slut, and before. That is the derivative

I thought this was r9k for a moment.

>thread about reincarnating as a girl
What else did you expect this to turn out as?

>stake

I don't think I'd like to give up my individuality for a life of being most likely basic and stereotypical.

Sure life would be easy, and i wish i had a gf right now. However many of the memes associated with the average white girl are remarkably true, and right now i don't think i could choose a meme life.

Consider a function [math] F_{Chad} [/math] that takes in a dress and outputs how much Chad wants to fuck you. Consider a Chad-metric in which anything >100 means Chad is fucking you tonight. Let [math] F_{Chad}(dress) = \frac{100dress - 1000}{dress - 100} [/math]. Notice that there is a dress in which Chad does not fuck you, forming a discontinuity. Find an extension of [math] F_{Chad} [/math] which removes this discontinuity.

You knew it was /r9k/ the moment you entered this thread
I'd rather die than be changed into another form
my life may be fucked, but it is my life
to abandon it for an easy ride is cowardly and deplorable
the fact that I would be changed psychologically just makes it worse

>You could, in theory, but you are not predestined for that.
Not the person, but I want to make sure I'm understanding this here. My consciousness changes bodies, but my personality is destroyed? If that's the case then no, I don't want to die.

Kind of a bummer seeing this directly after hearing that Maryam Mirzakhani just died.

Oh yeah, that's who I meant when I said the free diversity Fields medal.

It is hard to remember her name given that she was a nobody and no one fucking read any of her research but out of nowhere she was a fields medalist.

You wake up tomorrow in the body of a 17 year old girl, without any memory of your present life at all. Your personality is completely destroyed and it is replaced by the bland personality of an average white American girl

No deal.

Your quality of life will significantly increase though

If you will have no memory of your current life, what exactly is stopping you from taking the deal?

“She was in the midst of doing fantastic work,” Dr. Sarnak said. “Not only did she solve many problems; in solving problems, she developed tools that are now the bread and butter of people working in the field.”
But I'm sure you know better than Dr. Sarnak, being a Princeton Mathematics professor yourself.

Bitch you probably couldn't even understand the shit she wrote.

No deal; I value truth over happiness.

>A person who worked directly with her in her field knows her. See, you are wrong

No fucking shit someone at Princeton knows her. I bet everyone at Princeton knows her. She worked there, you fucking mouthbreathing retard.

That said, did you even know her name before the prize? Was she even known outside that little circle before the prize?

To me it is clear that the IMU chose someone from Princeton to be in the fields medal committee and then that person nominated Maryam.

And while I agree she is good enough for a *nomination*, she is clearly not influential enough for the actual prize. So it seems to me that after she was nominated every went "well, it would be sexist to vote against her so I guess free fields medal for her" and that is how history was made.

Pretty sad if you ask me.

...and how exactly do you know that you are not some American teenage girl who took the deal and changed into you?

This is really bad logic since you have absolutely no way of knowing what is true and what isn't. You're saying that truth is what you believe in, right now, to be true, which is a laughable statement desu

>Obviously all memories of your past life will be erased
What's the point then? I'm not a tranny.

Right, obviously I have to make the assumption that I am able to properly perceive reality. This should go without saying because no one wants to get into a "well what is truth really maybe we're all in a simulation maaaaaannnnnn" discussions.

fantastic contribution

Do you think the point of my quote was that Dr. Sarnak knows her? I'm not going forward on this until you actually read the quote and tell me if Dr. Sarnak is lying.

You said you valued truth over happiness

But since you cannot know what truth is, what you actually value is the things you consider to be true over happiness

Which sounds far less appealing

So, leading 25 years of simple and carefree life, then another 40 other years depending on some guy and catering to his whims ?

Great fucking life there OP.

How do I know what happiness is either? Maybe if I am converted to the girl then I'd be unhappy? Wow it sure is tough to make decisions when I assume that I don't know anything almost like to talk about anything at all you have to make some base assumptions about knowledge and truth.

In what way would that be me? My consciousness has ceased, my memories and personality are gone. This seems an awful lot like me dying and someone else being born.

winner

Thats an interesting take on the issue.

I would not take the deal, but mainly because i am content with hand i was dealt in this life.

You didn't even try to pretend this thread was science-related. I feel insulted.

>literally my fetish

Happiness is overrated, OP. People wouldn't have kids or write books or do recreational math if all they cared about was transitory pleasure. There are deeper levels of satisfaction and self-actualization that people care about, even if they cause pain as well.

>Houston

Excellent tastes