Left raw chicken in fridge for a few days

>left raw chicken in fridge for a few days

It smells like fish
Add barbeque sauce and mrs. Dash
I cooked the hell out of it at 425°F for an hour. Internal temperature to 200°F

Will I live Veeky Forums

EWW nevermind it tastes like shit.

Mission aborted. Do not attempt this at home.

probably
it might not taste very good but you should kill any pathogens at that temp

You can't cook out most foodborne illnesses. Fucking retard, the 5$ you spent on chicken is not worth the potential hospital visit and/or explosive diarrhea

I think you're right. I mean it doesn't taste too bad with a quick bite and spit, but it certainly doesn't taste like chicken.
I'm probably am just going to cook the breaded teriyaki chicken I got. .. without rice:/

I believe you are the retard. I can kill anything with sufficient heat.

The thumbnail kinda looks like a painting if l take my glasses off so that's a plus

You're right. It wouldn't even be the worst painting that sold for over a million usd

Looks as dry as my wife's cunt

you can kill the bacteria, you can't kill what the bacteria shat out before dying

well, technically you can but it breaks down at higher temperatures than the meat

That's where you were wrong.
Your wife's cunt can get very moist with the right man.

Sure, but the bacteria just dies to form more illness-causing pathogens. Not worth

>I believe you are the retard. I can kill anything with sufficient heat.

you can kill the pathogens but doesn't mean you can eat the dead pathogens left in the meat

Yes if you cook it through it will kill all the bacteria, it's not like the bacteria will survive super hot temperatures based on how bad the meat is

It will taste awful however, because it's essentially cooked poop (bacteria remains)

Endotoxin, learn it, live it, love it

actually scratch that

if its really far gone toxins the bacteria leave can kill you

Not necessarily. Some bacteria produce neurotoxins, and while the bacteria itself may be killed by the cooking process the neurotoxins may still be present in the food.

so OP are you still alive

Yeah I took a bite then spit it right back out.
Did not taste like chicken, and I'm not starving enough to stomach it even if it were to be edible.

I understand what you guys are saying. How bad would they be anyway?

Surely bacteria would produce it even before its expiration date, so why isn't it a concern then?

It may be do to the amount of it produced, yet that would be impossible for a restaurant to determine

>It may be do to the amount of it produced, yet that would be impossible for a restaurant to determine

Yes. And that's exactly why dates on food are completely meaningless.

Use your senses to evaluate the food. Smells off? Throw it out, even if the date says its good. Smells OK, even though the date has expired already? Go for it.

Dark meat can be taken to 200 without drying. It'll be more tender at 200 than 170.

I routinely open chicken packages around the use by date and it smells like a sewer. I rinse it, cook to 165F and have never add an issue. So your "smells off" criteria doesn't really hold true. Also, food with botulism toxin will neither look strange nor smell strange.

Not a whole lot of bacteria do that though

OP do you have parkinson's or what

I'm thinking you might not have ever smelled meat that has honestly gone off.

It's not a case of "this smells bad", it's a case of immediate gagging. Once you've experienced it, you will never forget it.

>>botulism
What you state is true, but botulism is also extremely rare. It's an anerobic bacteria so it cannot live in the presence of oxygen. That means it's only a risk for foods that are sealed in container without any air in it, like canned food. Even the small amount of air in a normal package of chicken is enough to make sure there is no botulism in there.

See

it's an exponentially scaling amount based on lifecycles measured in hours. use-by dates are our best guesses based on averages, but they're informational, very conservative guesses, and are sometimes wrong.

restaurants rely on dates as iron rules because it's easy to train staff to compare numbers without even having to open packages, and if you throw out a pound of good chicken you're out $1 while if you serve a pound of bad chicken you're potentially out tens of thousands.

I did see that it my point is not all bacteria do that

All gram negative bacteria will dump endotoxin when destroyed, some types are worse than others but all will do harm in the right amounts, and when food smells like shit, that is the right amount

I wonder what the structer looks like for these endotoxins. Probably could grind up your rotten meat and do a solvent pull and then you can safely eat your rotten meat

>are our best guesses based on averages

And therein lies the problem. How the food is handled after it leaves the packaging plant has everything to do with how long the food will actually last. If it's properly handled and kept at the proper temperature then it will last for MUCH longer than the date says. If it's been improperly handled and allowed to warm up then it could go bad very fast. I've seen this shit happen many times: truck pulls up behind supermarket. Guys unloading the truck take a smoke break, meanwhile a bunch of food is sitting there in the hot sun. Etc.

I think the dates are downright dangerous because people who depend on them don't develop the skill of judging the product itself. That means if said person ends up with some food that was improperly handled they could get sick as fuck if they do was look at the date.

>falling for the dry aged poultry meme