What writers, philosophers, or historical figures offer the most convincing critique of conservatism?

What writers, philosophers, or historical figures offer the most convincing critique of conservatism?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XIlsMKu67q0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

jamie oliver

Richard M. Weaver

info wars

Julius Evola

Evola

what does he favor over conservatism? i mean Burkean conservatism here

traditionalism

He was a conservative though

he was a traditionalist.

There are none. The logic of conservatism is unassailable.

he was drug user and spiritual hippy, opposite of conservatives

Chapo Traphouse

>he was drug user and spiritual hippy, opposite of conservatives

like i said he wasn't a conservative

youtube.com/watch?v=XIlsMKu67q0

Donald Trump (aka Putin's Secret Sock Puppet President)
Remember: you read it here first!

Conservatism is a flawless ideology. It cannot be critiqued without lying.

Probably Rousseau OP.

U wut m8?

Terence McKenna

the Situationnist International

Are traditionalists really the best critiques of conservatism?

Mckenna was an apolitical nut job who believed we were all on some chatic ride controlled by machine elves hurdling towards the transcendental object at the end of time

No, the radicals were. See

>chatic
Chaotic*

Doesn't seem very conservative to me senpai

Rousseau did seem like the most reasonable answer itt

Its not liberal either. It doesnt have anything to do with politics at all, his ideas are simply the end product of eating mushrooms like candy and chain smoking DMT while being a naturally gifted speaker with a talent for abstract thinking.

>fitting into left or right politics

wew lad

But all jokes aside, I've often wondered if his brain cancer resulted from the absolute whirlwind of psycotropics he exposed himself to.

>>fitting into left or right politics
What? I said he DOESNT fit into left or right politics

>I've often wondered if his brain cancer resulted from the absolute whirlwind of psycotropics he exposed himself to.
Im inclined to say no, simply because theres pleanty of other well known people from that time that did similar amounts of psychedelics who didn't develop brain cancer. Of course he did admit to experimenting with more obscure/ unheard of hallucinogens, and perhaps some of those were carcinogenic? All I know is that Im happy sticking to my 4-aco-dmt and my lsd

>liberal and conservative not pointing in the same direction
americans everyone

the point the same direction on one axis and different direction on the other
pretty accurate desu

western 'liberals' and 'conservatives' are just 2 varieties of enlightenment bourgeoisie liberalism. Communism is the true patrician choice

This madman

this and german romanticists probably

bump

tumblr desu

whom...?

yea who and how

It is worth noting that both conservative (Bloom) and liberal (Rawls) thinkers draw from Rousseau. Though it is worth mentioning that the lefty reading, for instance, by Rawls, which is a contractualist reading, only makes sense if you only read Du Contrat Social, and ignore his other works, such as Julie (explicitly justifies that patriarchy, lol) or Considérations sur le gouvernement de Pologne (explicitly supports ethnic nationalism).

PS I'm sorry that your 'social sciences' professors only read Rawls and Marx and Foucault.

Bloom might draw from Rousseau, but there are many on the right who not only hold Rousseau in contempt - they believe that enlightenment thought is a destructive aberration (I count myself among this camp)

>conservatism is a platonic metaphysical force unchanged throughout time
>right and left exists