Can science explain why some people are good at life and others terrible at life?

Can science explain why some people are good at life and others terrible at life?

Yes, IQ

According to IQ tests I have 145 IQ and yet I am still terrible at whatever I attempt to do

No, science in its pure form is objective, yet we can only think and exist through a subjective limitation

Genetix

Then you've never taken a real IQ test. Protip: online "tests" are worse than useless.

Its not uncommon for geniuses to have terrible social skills and general problems functioning in society.

It really comes down to what defines being "good" or "bad" at life. And the definition of life its self.

>Can science explain why some people are good at life and others terrible at life?
Yes, these days it's your % of Jewish Blood.

IQ is a measure of how skilled you are at logical thinking. It doesn't directly relate to being good at life.

>good at life
Using what measure? If we're gonna use the general "not have regrets at death bed" then it's all a matter of focus. Stop focusing on trivial shit (memes, video games, shitposting, etc) and focus on things you truly care about.

"Good at life" is obviously relative to society and times.

In modern society, average intelligence or slightly below (for minimal suffering, neuroticism, anxiety, etc.), high physical attractiveness, minimal empathy/shame, and obviously basic health is the most advantageous set of characteristics. There's very little to gain from being smart unless you had very competent parents or you're highly attractive, which is a cure-all for almost any problem in modern existence.

Nobody is good at life. It's backward reasoning.

I dare you to test those assumptions in a job interview for a knowledge worker position.

What on earth does an interview for a field of work have to do with the definitition of life as a whole?

They're facts, not assumptions.

>knowledge worker

Being a knowledge worker is utter misery. If your aspiration is to work a 9-5 for 40 years, with everything you'll ever do already set before you, congratulations on being an easily satisfied drone.

>Being a knowledge worker is utter misery
As opposed to a brick layer?

Wtf is a knowledge worker?

>knowledge worker position
>Implying any exist in the modern capitalist world
Every job has been made disposable. The only real way to maintain job security is to make freinds with whoever's in charge of hiring/firing.

So in your belief every knowledge worker or at least the vast majority are better at life than bricklayers based on thier job alone?

You should define what you see as a "good" life.

At least a metaphorical "brick layer" has a chance to start at the ground floor of something. If you're so smart, start a business, don't just work a dead-end office drone position.

Do hormones significantly play a role in motivation? I have been wondering if taking a small amount of testosterone supplements would make it easier to have discipline.

I'm not arguing that ones job defines his life entirely. I was just replying to user that suggested you can coast life with a pretty face alone.

You are right i have misrepresented your argument. However you have cherry picked one small part of life to disprove his overall statement. For most people the things listed by him likely have more effect over you "life" than occupation alone.

Also You did the a similar to him as i did to you by insinuating that a pretty face was his only argument.

And i cant even type a coherent statement apparenty.