Which absinthe brands give the best 'high'? Can't get anything with high thujone content in the US...

Which absinthe brands give the best 'high'? Can't get anything with high thujone content in the US, but I've heard people say it's more about the combination of herbs than just the thujone itself.

Absinthe doesn't get you high, that's an urban legend. It's just liquor that tastes like licorice.

Hence the quotation marks. When I say high I meant that awake/lucid feeling that comes with the drunkenness. At least that's how Grande Absente made me feel. Lucid was as if I just took vodka.

Absinthe USED to be made with Wormwood and other psychoactive plants. Not so much any more.
Definitely nothing you can import to the states.

Short answer, none of them.

The small amount of wormwood in even old absinthe and the high proof would kill you from alc poisoning before any high.

It is placebo.
Even way back in the day.

It is just funky tasting high proof alcohol.

Thujone isn't Psychoactive.

Absolutely none. You must distill your own.

>Which absinthe brands give the best 'high'? Can't get anything with high thujone content in the US, but I've heard people say it's more about the combination of herbs than just the thujone itself.
They all taste bad.
There is no effect other than alcohol.
Wormwood was banned for liver damage, which is more likely attributed to licorice, which can decrease liver enzymes, and thus metabolism. Add some genetic defect, like being asian, and you probably got even more messed up. But, nothing is psychoactive.

Herbal liquers are a thing of the past. If you like them, or you want to grow to like them, then you probably should seek out some craft brands, whichever ones are available in your country.

Apparently British Columbia is not subject to the Thujone limit. Keep in mind, it's the other cocktail of ingredients that also contribute to the absinthe "high," as far as aficionados are concerned.

Again, absinthe does not and has never had any psychoactive properties. Any effects you feel (e.g. altered state of consciousness) are purely symptoms of intoxication due to the high alcohol content and possibly the placebo effect. I could easily spend a dozen posts showing you studies and accounts debunking this idiotic superstition, which almost led to its extinction in Europe.

Untrue. Trying to find the last time I researched it with a doctor's pet project of it, finding that accurately-dried wormwood's thujone produces (along with the cocktail of other botanicals) a separate high than regular high proof alcohol.

That and others' experiences with homemade absinthe providing a different experience than something like high proof grain alcohol.

It's conceded however that commercially produced swill these days may be higher quality alcohol, but not quite the tincture of old.

pretending it has psychoactive effects doesn't make it true

Pretending it doesn't without any actual firsthand experience with correctly made absinthe makes us both full of bullshit.

Give me a few short months of growing wormwood and I can tell you with authority, as opposed to your false authority from faggots like "wormwood society," instead of doctor what's-his-name and the other purveyor of distillation recipes (free of charge) who swears by the effects.

Until then, give it the benefit of the doubt while also doubting absinthe "somolliers ."

You'll get a bigger high off of some homemade bananadine

You could try meth, OP.

>getting high
You mean drunk?
Ethanol is all the same, drink whatever tastes good.

It comes from Switzerland, not Somalia.

M O N G
O
N
G

hahahahahaa

>When I say high I meant that awake/lucid feeling that comes with the drunkenness. At least that's how Grande Absente made me feel. Lucid was as if I just took vodka.
lucid isn't defined like that

>Which absinthe brands give the best 'high'?
Any of them. It's just booze.

>>Can't get anything with high thujone content in the US
Doesn't matter.
1) Even the "good old stuff" wasn't high in Thujone
2) Thujone isn't psychoactive. People 100 years ago though it was, but they were wrong. You want thujone? Go buy a bottle of sage oil. that shit is like 50% thujone.

Absinthe does not, and never did, have any sort of psychoactive qualities except for the alcohol it contains.

The difference is I'm not pretending it doesn't. It really doesn't.

you mean being drunk, id advise you to take the one with the most alcohol

Go for European import Absinthe. Of all the regions in the world they're legally allowed to sell Absinthe with the highest Thujone content (up to 2% iirc).

Just buy a bag of wormwood on the internet or your local herb/tea shop and infuse it yourself. It's like $10 for a 10ounce bag. Any Absinthe you buy you'll get drunk before you get that high, you'll just have a clear-headed sparkly drunk.

Also don't believe what TVs and the movie tell you, you don't hallucinate.

>Lucid was as if I just took vodka

yank moron

credulous pretentious dipshit faggot