Hey lit. Do you think your significant other should have the same interest as you (in literature)...

Hey lit. Do you think your significant other should have the same interest as you (in literature) ? I met some literary girls but they were pretentious as fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HBxn56l9WcU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A cute normie girl who is low maintenance and likes to cook for me would be just fine.

this
just give me a cute girlfriend ;_;

Yeah, this. Don't care if she reads.

A gf alone would do for me

Be careful what you wish for.

>implying Veeky Forums is not pretentious as fuck

>implying "she reminds me of Veeky Forums" wouldn't be an obvious negative

this thread hasn't even been that pretentious so far.

I unironically enjoy Veeky Forums though.

When I was younger I wanted to be in a relationship with a woman that shared a similar taste to mine, and talk about anything under the sun, but now that I'm older... all I want is a decent one; I don't care what/if she reads.

Even found a decent one is an hard task.

My girlfriend and I often read the same books and discuss them. She just finished Infinite Jest on my suggestion and I'm reading the first Wheel of Time book on her recommendation, and we just bought Moonglow and the Vegetarian to read and discuss.

It's easy to find a nice waifu though.

>cute normie girl who is low maintenance

You can only have two of these at once.

As long as he's nice and talks intelligently about something, finance, politics, movies, his career, whatever, doesn't have to be lit.

>and I'm reading the first Wheel of Time book on her recommendation

Lol.

you're a liar

The standards are so low for them, yet it's still a struggle.

Why would it be hard to find a waifu? There are so many idealized 2D women to choose from.

My wife has pretty pleb tier taste in books but when she's buying for me her research is fucking meticulous. That's just fine with me.

I thought you were talking about real women, sorry.
My waifu is cute but she can't fill the void you know

Mine doesn't read often but she shows an interest in my reading. We both enjoy going hiking and she gives me nice back rubs after work.

You just have to retreat into your imagination more, senpai.

No. Your future wife should be kind, maternal, dedicated and apolitical. That's it.

Nope. My husband only reads fanfiction on the rare occasion he reads. He couldn't care less about any of the literature I read and study, even though there are books all over the house.

We share plenty of other hobbies, just not our "main" ones. I think it's fine this way, since both our main hobbies also blend into our careers. So we have plenty of coworkers to talk to about them.

My wife and I do have overlapping interests in literature (we both did our MA work on Eliot), but we often are reading or studying different things, and she has several areas of expertise I don't, and vice-versa. Not a problem. How much time do adults have to discuss books anyway?

>How much time do adults have to discuss books anyway?

Obviously depends on their work-life balance and whether they have kids.

True. We have differing schedules and two little kids, so good conversation time is hard to come by, but it happens. But since I discuss books all day while teaching, I'm fine with not doing it that often at home.

Wait which Eliot, T.S. or George?

T.S. I did water imagery in Ash-Wednesday, she did religious horror in his works.

NORMALFAGS GET THE FUCK OFF MY Veeky Forums STOP TALKING ABOUT YOUR WIFES WHAT THE FUCK REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Delete this thread! youtu.be/HBxn56l9WcU

I'll take cute and low maintenance, please.

This.

No, there's something pathetic about wanting a mate with the same interests, it's like you define yourself through what kind of media you consume. Find an ugly chick who can cook well.

>they were pretentious as fuck
Honestly, this isn't really an issue. Humans are pretentious by nature. If you spend some time with them, you can knock some sense into them. Higher pretension usually correlates with a higher sense of insecurity and you can alleviate it by engaging with them and making them feel more secure. Just don't be an orbiter. There's a fine line between the 2.

I would kill for a lit gf to call pleb and have to read plebtier books hidden from her.

>Tfw you will never spank her ass during comfy passionate love saying that you are punishing her for reading Dune

Why live?

not everyone is pretentious. I was referring to the pretentiousness of her taste.