Can Veeky Forums explain what would happen if Pinocchio said "my nose will grow now"?

Can Veeky Forums explain what would happen if Pinocchio said "my nose will grow now"?

His nose would grow because it would initially be a lie

Truth

His nose would begin oscillating.

Science does not really have the ability to answer "What would happen if fantasy was real?"

prove it, i'll wait.

Does Pinocchios nose function based on his intention of lying or based on the fundamental truthfulness of a statement he makes?

For example, if somebody stole his hat without him noticing, and someone asked him if he had his hat, and he said "yes", would his nose grow? If it's based on his intentions, it would not grow, but if it is based on intrinsic truth of a statement, it would grow.

If his nose functioned that way, you could use it to quickly brute force a lot of extremely difficult problems. For example, you could simply ask Pinocchio if all nontrivial zeros of the analytical continuation of the Riemann zeta function have a real part of 1/2 and get a quick answer to the Riemann hypothesis.

Pinocchio's nose would turn into Schroedinger's cat.

Depends on if he truly believes whether it will grow or not.

It depends on whether the mechanism which controls the growth of Pinocchio's nose is omniscient and whether or not it functions on Pinocchio's intent.

What if pinocchio is asking this question?

His nose will oscillate.

If he is lying then his nose will grow. But he is telling the truth so contradiction.

If he is telling the truth, then his nose will grow which means he is lying. Contradiction.

This didn't come up in the stories but subjecting his nose to a logical paradox causes it to grow into the 4th dimension

The universe splits in two.

Oh shit, let's call it OP's paradox

wooooooooooo call up Kurt Godel

Implying that his nose grows only when he's lying.

What if he's a real boy?

Assuming the forces equal out (eventually) it would grow, but perhaps not to full potential of a normal lies growth factor.

It would grow backwards in space and time.

Put me in the screecap

His nose would enter a state of quantum superposition. An apparatus measuring his nose would come up with results equivalent to measuring a qubit

It would grow and not grow, but only if everyone in the room closed their eyes.

the only real answer her

>open Veeky Forums
>you could simply ask Pinocchio if all nontrivial zeros of the analytical continuation of the Riemann zeta function have a real part of 1/2 and get a quick answer to the Riemann hypothesis

kek

What screencap?

>If his nose functioned that way, you could use it to quickly brute force a lot of extremely difficult problems. For example, you could simply ask Pinocchio if all nontrivial zeros of the analytical continuation of the Riemann zeta function have a real part of 1/2 and get a quick answer to the Riemann hypothesis.

kek