I've never seen someone promoting his book here, like posting a link to amazon of his novel. Is that not accepted...

I've never seen someone promoting his book here, like posting a link to amazon of his novel. Is that not accepted? Why not? Or is it that noone here actually writes?

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/book/show/8481618-shard-mountain
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because no one here has

A) the talent
B) the motivation
C) the connections

it's that nobody that got published wants to be knowingly connected with lit in any way...

>Is that book you´re reading good?
>It's Beyond Good and Evil.

Ah children, this shit was shilled mercilessly back in the early days of Veeky Forums:

goodreads.com/book/show/8481618-shard-mountain

From Amazon:

"If I had to guess, the author is a fan of 80's post-apocalypse movies, because this book reads like one that was seen through the eyes of a ten year old. I rarely refer to books as "painful to read" but this one fits the bill. The best thing I can say about this book is that I got it for under three dollars, and no trees were harmed in the delivery of this wretched prose to my watering eyes."

This right here. I'm even afraid to post in critique threads just in case I get recognized. Nobody should know I frequent this shithole.

He still gets laid tho user

I remember a guy posting his fantasy novel a little while ago. He didn't really shill though, he was asked to post it.

Me too. I'm a famous writer with 100 confirmed kills but I would never want anyone to know I come here. I have a reputation to protect, after all.

Because we will shit on your shitty book and most regulars are smart enough to know it beforehand.

What genre of books do you write?

If you want to shill your shit, you buy an ad banner. It's the same on all boards.

YA novels about falling in love with kids who have cancer and this one about finding this girl named Alaska but it sounds like finding the state alaska haha i love my prose

i laughed internally.

Because if you're dumb enough to shill your book on Veeky Forums, you're probably too dumb to write anything decent.

But what if I wrote something decent and my audience are the people who browse Veeky Forums?

>what if I wrote something decent
That's not for you to decide.

>and my audience are the people who browse Veeky Forums
Then find another audience.

this shit literally never happens

i laughed eternally

this shit happens all the time

this pic was funny

this pic made me sad

This. I'd rather brutally throw my computer than have my family know I browse Veeky Forums, let alone have the literary community know I came from Veeky Forums.

DELET THIS

As a published author, yes.

as a published* author, I've totally shilled my shit on here, and I totally have a novel that I've shilled on here before (the novel isn't itself published).

I stopped doing that because I realized I'm bad and there's nothing anyone gains by reading my work.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

>I've never seen someone promoting his book here
It happens from time to time. The book is inevitably and rightfully shit on by everyone, if anyone is bored enough to spend the 2.99 for it.
I remember this guy desperately defending his shit here, it was embarrassing.

You guys remember that one Uzbek who came to advertise his neo-nazi children's book or something?
It was all "Thou art very wise, stranger" "My wisdom stems from fascism, the eternal truth" "wtf I love fascism now" and it was a shitty analogy of Don Quixote all along
He spent the whole thread defencing the book, calling it beautiful and thoughtful while screeching that Veeky Forums is a degenerate board and no longer a "leftist safe space"
Good hearty keks

Memeshit. Nobody in the proffessional world knows nor gives a shit about this board.

The actual reason is that most of the users here are young in their early twenties.

I'm reading a preview on Amazon and honestly, this doesn't seem worse than any other genre fiction on the market. There are worse things to be than 80s action schlock.

Or does it get way worse?

i've been here plenty of times

Haven't read it either, but apparently for about 1/3 of the book one of the main characters goes on some hallucinogenic drug trip and the quality really drops.

When I get published I'll make sure to mention Veeky Forums as often as possible, don't worry.

If most of you think here on Veeky Forums it's so terrible, what are you doing here then? Shouldn't you browse reddit or focus on writing your masterpiece?

We do get people shilling their books here. There's that third rail guy, gaskun if he counts, a couple of weeks ago there was Tony Phillips spamming his shitty "Fires of Orc" novel. There have been plenty over the years, one that stood out was a guy who went to Romania to research his vampire novel (I think he tried to do an AMA on here) but it was the edgiest gothic shite you can imagine.
Generally they get insulted and occasionally dox'd.