Why is the habit of reading still so strongly associated with intelligence when most readers consume YA shit and NYT...

why is the habit of reading still so strongly associated with intelligence when most readers consume YA shit and NYT meme books? Video games are as intellectually demanding as these

chart made me kek, ty

Because historically being able to read at all was a sign of education.

Those are actually pretty good film choices for an obvious b8 image

Maybe intelligent people read more?

>WWE under Theatre

quentin really was an auteur

Theatre and literature aren't really separate hobbies.
Actually, it's more accurate to say that if your hobby is literature but you don't read plays you're a huge fucking pleb, and if you do theatre but don't actually read shit you just like dressing up and acting.

Alright, the traditions are linked, and the actual mechanisms of reading a play are like the mechanisms of reading a book. And some plays are written to be read. But shouldn't you ultimately see a play? What's wrong with me saying that, when I'm at home, I'll read language that's meant to be read?

All those books are high school tier

>including beethoven under music

I have a feeling the stats on music were based on contemporary, mainstream music senpai

>IQ Chart

What if my hobby is literature but my favorite piece of media is an anime (and video game)?

List all the books you have read this past month

>tfw too intelligent to tie myself down to one medium

You haven't truly lived until you've played through the campaign of Warcraft 3.

lmao what the fuck is The Fall doing there

Ideology.

No

Not him, but here we go. My last month of media:

>books
Notes from Underground
Treasure Island
Gilgamesh

>video games
MGS V The Phantom Pain
Team Fortress 2
Shenzhen IO

>movies
Silence
Get The Gringo
13 Hours
Jerry Maguire

>anime (following)
Konosuba
Little Witch Academia
Rakugo

I am a certified 135 IQ STEM lord by the way.

>Rakugo

nice taste

>STEM
>intelligent

Didn't I tip you enough when I ordered pizza yesterday? The Rustica could have used a bit more time in the oven. Please get that right next time or I will order somewhere else.

Holy shit what is this autism

Rakugo would be cool if Yota wouldn't do rakugo anymore. His voice is horrible. He's always screeching.

He goes way too fast too, he is even worse than Sukeroku II in that respect. And Sukeroku II had more charm to make up for it.

The only anime I like is Clannad.

I was charmed af by last episode. My heart swooned when Konatsu (the cucker) performed. Fun story too.

I wonder if they will keep doing crazy time skips and we will see Yota's cuck son perform properly soon.

Nah i'm pretty sure we are in the current time from here on out. Konatsu's son in the OP is where we currently are, that's usually some sort of tell.
Would like to see fourth gen Sukeroku properly fulfill his father's potential.

This chart should separate movies and films into different categories

Tbh I think reading YA takes more effort than playing video games

I'm 29 and don't require a job. Regardless, working is only a status symbol to the dullest capitalists.

Because unlike video games books can range from pure retarded trash (YA) to timeless classic masterpieces, where as video games solely inhabit the realm of unintelligent mentally lazy dogshit

t. redditor that has never played video games but wants to appeal le sophisticated

Video game plots tend to be rather shit that is true, but that's not really the appeal of video games in the first place.

>IQ accurately measures intelligence
kek

>Notes from Underground
>Treasure Island
>Gilgamesh
It would take 3 days to read this, not a month.

But what if you like films, literature, theatre and music? Do you just kind of, average the IQ out?

Well, why might that be? Maybe it's all of the other shit in the list. Also I have a job, am learning a third language and I have some amount of a social life.

I have also started Ulysses, but I am not half way through, so I didn't add it to the list.

For you, NEETo-san.

>too intelligent
cmon man

>books
Child of god
The crying of lot 49
Cybernetic walrus series by chalker
The unincorporated man

>video games
Trials fusion
Mushihimesama

>movies
The running man
The princess bride

>anime
None

Certified 127 iq.

switch literature with movies
the non-verbal dimension means film is able to communicate the innefable

newcuck

STEM and Arts should be in deep harmony, both greatly enrich our lives.

We will eventually arrive at an age of wisdom, peace, and love if we diligently pursue understanding and self improvement of virtues.

>this is what enlightenmentards actually believe
'arts' is a meaningless sentiment.

>Books
The Waves
Count of Monte Cristo
The Idiot
The Cossacks

>Movies
Barry Lyndon
War & Peace (the one with Hepburn)
Initial D Third Stage
Cobra Verde
Hour of the Wolf

>Vidya
None

>Anime
3-gatsu
Chaos;Child
KimiKiss
Love Lab
Strawberry Panic

IQ: Stupid Neet

Give me a quick rundown of your position

>fedora eraist is expecting me to follow in his customs
oh... m'lady! what be your opinion? o, such reason! such virtue! ah..... it is to live

Thank you for the quick rundown

Unfortunately you have not supported how your position will guide humanity into an age of wisdom, peace, and love.

I hope you have, or will find contentment in your life nevertheless.

Why are those things good?

Oh right, fedoratism.

Sadly the universal genius way of education has been lost to specialization.

>IQ of 135
>mentioning your IQ

pseud detected

Depends on the film.

There's no depth of meaning in chick flicks or action movies.

There is in say, an Ozu film, or Jeunet or The Leopard.

>topic of thread is IQ related to media consumption
>mentioning your IQ in response makes you a pseud

>falling for an ancient Quentin bait image

>genre fiction, 70
>sports, 113
>film, 115
Bitch what? Have you met a sports fan. I played hockey growing up and the majority of these guys are fuckwits. Myself included.

>why is the habit of reading still so strongly associated with intelligence when most readers consume YA shit and NYT meme books?

>"hurrdurr look at me, I've got a high IQ"
>doesn't answer the question or contribute to discussion

>ignoring the related image attached to the OP

>Video games are as intellectually demanding as these

No.

I would argue that on average video games are more intellectually demanding than most books.
>BUT WAAAH!! I THOUGHT I WAS SPECIAL
no. Reading books doesn't make you smart.

>Reading books doesn't make you smart.
Well it makes your more knowledgeable and it might school your reasoning skills. Of course only if you read the right books.

But what if my hobby is cabinetmaking?

What does the scouter say about your IQ?

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!

BK+U aunt

>Falling for bait.

Then you have a 99% chance of feeling like a special snowflake

Melancholia is one of the worst movies I've seen.

>le fedora leddit cuck kys ecks dee
This is an 18+ site, champ.

Well, they made a biased separation of readers (high-brow and YA). if you do a similar thing to the other hobbies (like separating summer blockbuster from the rest; or people who only listen pop songs to people who listen classical music), you will get higher averages.