What I Read / What I Expected / What I Got

What I Read / What I Expected / What I Got

wasn't one thread enough, slynxposter?

I would've just made this one but I was at work earlier.

Fuck off

One I made ages ago.

I couldn't find the original name of the play but in english it should be something like "The hallucinators" or "The dreamers" or something like that.
I'm reading it in spanish (the same edition actually) and it being originally in german doesn't help either.

Here's a trick for finding the names of things in another language. See if it has a Wikipedia page in your language, and if it does go to it. Then on the left there is a big list of languages which also have an article on that thing. Click the language you want and it will go the relevant page and you can see the foreign name of it.

Die Schwärmer in German, The Enthusiasts in English.

It actually was in the wikipedia page, thanks.
The title was Die Schwärmer

not exactly but I wanted to use only 1 picture

That's a good book.

it is better than I thought, I read it in a couple of hours. That slav was a good writer

Template

Somebody care to explain?

Another word for "chariot" is "car." Indeed, the Latin word carrus indicates a wagon (though not so much one used in war). I'm not sure why the tennis shoe is there. In any case, it's not a terribly funny image.

CAPTCHA: LACARRE Carol

>I'm not sure why the tennis shoe is there
It's Vans

He expected the Iliad to be about the Greeks and Trojan War, but it was actually about sneakers, sports cars and VW Transporter.

>that inn

fucking perfect.

Heh, thanks

this is my favorite though i didnt make it

another similar version

OC

kek

Obligatory

Just the way I like it

That show was pretty good

Eh, that's only the first part. The second part enmeshes the two much more expertly.

Also OC

Is H.P. Lovecraft worth reading? Or has his worked not age well?

Was kinda hit or miss for me, it didn't age badly just personally didn't like it as much as other people
Some stories like the mountains of madness, rats in the walls and the horror at Red Hook are all pretty good

it ages pretty badly if you are >14, if you know what i mean

other than that lovecraft is amazing:)

I was also surprised by the amount "Then he picked up a rock and crushed a fucker".

Needs something to visualise the amount begats in that thing tho.

Dunno how you'd do that. I had to settle on some cow for all the fucking sacrificing they do.

I thought the cow was also spot on. I'm midway at the moment and enjoying the hell out of everything besides pausing every 2 seconds to describe some dude, his father, his country, his bit of that country, where the women are ace, just how damn bronze his bronze is. Also still not sure about Paris straight up teleporting out of a fight at the start,

corn

Who is that in bottom right "WHAT I GOT' panel?

Stephen King writes his books explaining every fathomable detail, creating a literal movie in your head. HP decided the opposite, that "it was so scary that I can't tell you how scary it was" is good. It works in some stories, but it's his main trope; a lot of people like it, a lot don't.

Goethe, educate ur self mein

kek

I've only read part one thusfar, but it is kind of disturbing how the book is interjected with stories of adultery and even straight up cucking.

This one is quite accurate actually

I haven't read much by Lovecraft but I really liked 'At the Mountains of Madness' I would recommend checking it out if you're interested in any of his works. The less you know about it the better.