Any Frenchbros here?

Any Frenchbros here?

I recently moved to France and I'm supposed to pass my baccalauréat in French.

Any tips and or helpful websites on how to analyze and make a commentary on certain extracts?

bumping

Hon hon hon, une baguette, sacrébleu!
Just bumping, interested too

je ne sais pas

Pourquoi tu ne sais pas? Tu parles en francais alors tu peut advicer OP; dit-nous, comment il faut prendre du action?
Et serait mieux que t'explique dans une bonne humeur, user!

>tfw you want to greentext the errors and realize the whole text is one giant error
Thanks for the kek. Maybe switch from duolingo to something actually helpful.

My father is a francophone Swiss and I can speak, understand and read french very well, but I can't write for shit and it kind of bugs me.
The french spelling and writing is just so different, I studied it when I was 7-11 yrs old but it amounted to nothing.

High school teacher here. You're talking classe de première, right ? I couldn't give any better advice than to stay away from websites that claim to help you.

Yes, how can I study by myself then? To be honest it's kind of difficult in class since we're not doing alot and I'm having a hard time understanding everything.

The person correcting you is not supposed to remove points for spelling but if it's semi-unreadable like
you might struggle in getting the average

the main things they're looking for in commetaries or dissertations is a near autistic structure that fleshes out your arguments in the most mechanical way possible

Frenchman here.
I passed my baccalauréat 6 years ago, so I don't really remember what we had to do, and the curriculum also changed since then.
But you had to read a few books this year right ?
I guess they are going to ask you to elaborate on an excerpt of one of these books, and from there you need do is some basic literature analysis.
Talk about the author and its biography, the plot of the book, the context in which it was written, what kind of literary devices are used in the text, etc.
My French professor was golden and gave us sheets outlining what we were excepted to know about the novels we needed to read. But, anyway, the most important thing is to know what is expected of you, and I guess it's basic skills in literary analysis.
Bon courage !

Moved to france in 3ème (from ireland), barely passed my baccalauréat S last year, redoing a Literary one this year because why not.

AMA

What section are you in ?

Only one book and I'm lacking in the analysis skills, I missed a majority of the classes since I was sick and that didn't help much.

Are there any websites that actually help studying on how to analyze a poem / novel extract etc..?
Also why barely?

Scientific.

Why are you staying in high-school ? Are you a masochist ?
You know that you can study humanities at a university with a bac S, right ? It's much more interesting than high school.

maybe he's a pedo wanting to get some young french chatte

For various reasons (some legit, but a lot were just because I'm kind of a degenerate who liked drinking/getting high on week days), I missed around 1/4 of all lessons last year, and was too tired/bored to listen most of the time I was there. I never took notes, had no idea what I was doing there, and I had around 6-7/20 as my average during all of last year (I got my bac in rattrapage thanks to a nice Examinor in Philosophy, and because I can speak english and german better than all the retards the examinors were used to, even though I am absolutely incompetent at even middleschool-level maths/science/redaction, or, at least, I was a year ago). This means even the shittiest schools didn't accept me on the "Admission Postbac" thing, and desu the "open for all" universities near where I live are all even shittier than my highschool. It's a small highschool, nice and Cozy; I'm friends with my Philosophy and Languages Teachers, we're a small class where everyone is Veeky Forums, even the Qt girls, teachers let us come in class with coffee and stuff, and I'm getting grades that are more than twice as high as last year in S. More fun (and probably more interesting) than any shitty uni down here.

Have you asked your french teacher for some advice already ? You definitely should.
I can't tell you much about the method you're supposed to learn (I don't teach french literature), but it looks like it's pretty artificial. Anyway keep in mind that the more you read, the easier it will get. The best students I had were generally not native french speakers, rather english kids that happened to follow their parents in France and had an awesome spirit (willing to learn, smart & curious about everything, always trying to improve their own french etc)

chase that underage Veeky Forums pussy senpai

there's some chance that I know your philosophy teacher, care to drop a name ?

>teachers let us come in class with coffee and stuff
>I read "coffee and sluts"

The "Études Littéraires" Website can be good, it has ok "fiches méthodes", if that's your thing (full of info, but without claiming to be some "suprême rule" you have to follow "à la Lettre"), but what's really interesting are the forums, where, if you do enough digging and poking around, feel almost like Veeky Forums for normies.
Also, know that french argumentation is basically wannabe Hegel dialectics where everything, and I mean EVERYTHING (even stuff in History or Biology, believe it or not) has to be presented in the THESIS//ANTITHESIS = SYNTHESIS form, both the structure of your Essay, and the way your sentences and paragraphs present your arguments or elements from the text you're analysing. I know people who had absolutely no interest for literature and philosophy (most even regarded those fields with disgust) who got grades like 17 because they mechanically formulated every single thing they wrote lin such a structure.

Lol, I went to high school in France, in Boulogne-Billancourt actually. It was wild. Drinking alcohol in class, drugs in the bathroom, vandalism, assault of teachers, pranks and mischief, theft, complete disregard of authority, blockades of the school entrance during strike, cigarette break every 2 hours of class.

Truly put American schools to shame. I even got to read Gargantua and take an art history class. I was there for 2 and a half years, dropped out when I realized I wouldn't pass the BAC and got my GED in the states. Only took me 8 years to quit tobacco.

I will, even if just for you.
Bruno D. Teaches in a Lycée between Nantes and La Rochelle. ;)

>the "open for all" universities near where I live are all even shittier than my highschool
>lives near Nantes
Dude, this isn't America. Most public universities are pretty solid here as long as they are located in a relatively big city.
Move to Nantes, Bordeaux, Rennes, Toulouse, Paris if you are a richfag and want the best of the best, or Lyon if you don't care about leaving the west of France.
Besides, you could have started your studies in Angers, and then move somewhere else later, like I did (was initially in Aix-Marseille, moved to Lyon two years later).
And no one will care that you have two baccalauréats. If you want a good/interesting job, you need a Bac+something diploma.
Seriously, I can't fathom why someone who would want to stay in fucking high-school. When I turned 18 and got my bac, the first I wanted to do was going to the uni, to meet some more interesting people than your average teenager, learn some more intellectually stuff, being able to exercise my newfound freedom and get the fuck out of the boring touristic town I was living in.
But anyway, whatever floats your boat.