Ate a can of bell peppers this morning that was bloated, boiled it for 5 minutes. now my cheeks are kind of numb...

Ate a can of bell peppers this morning that was bloated, boiled it for 5 minutes. now my cheeks are kind of numb. Do I have botulism?

Other urls found in this thread:

fda.gov/food/foodscienceresearch/laboratorymethods/ucm109398.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=OiVB_O-78Zw&t=33s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Let's get this out on a tray. Nice.

Please no memes I can't afford to waste money on doctors appointments for false flags or hypochondria or whatever. I just had a seminar on botulism for my cooking class so I'm worried I'm imagining it

>Let's get this out on a tray. Nice.
ROFL. I just spent 3 hours addicted to that guy.

OP, I've never seen bell peppers in a can, not even once. Was this an american product?. Bloated cans are bad signs of spoilage, because it was the bacterial bloom that outgassed and expanded. Botulism is a bacterium, so you can get treated. Go to urgent care because it is potentially fatal,and needs to be treated early.

Take the can in a plastic bag, and a printout of this article, and get them to inspect it, if you think there may be a concern identifying the pathogen.
fda.gov/food/foodscienceresearch/laboratorymethods/ucm109398.htm

Lol

Did you can the bell peppers yourself? When were they canned? If you bought it at a store, what is the expiry date?

youtube.com/watch?v=OiVB_O-78Zw&t=33s

This guy eats MREs from WWII (and sometimes even older than that) and hasn't caught botulism yet (he did catch E.coli one time and almost died, though). However, he has always been wary of eating any canned good that is bulging due to botulism. In many of his vids, he has experienced numb cheeks, tongue, etc but hasn't caught botulism yet. Since you boiled the peppers for over 5 minutes, you should be alright but what you did was extremely dumb. Don't do it again.

this meme is shit. I can eat anything spicy and Im white sage

>White people don't like spice
>Some of the greatest empires in history were forged out of white people's desire for spice

non-whites sure have an inferiority complex. Is this no spicy food an American thing or a racist projection in general?

DUDE SPICE LMAO

NICE

If you got botulism you'd know pretty quick and then you'd probably be dead because you're dumb enough to eat a bloated can of anything.

Probably just a little rancid, you might get sick tho

It's just trying to pick shit for fun. Kinda like making fun of whites and mayo when fuckers like japs also love mayo way to much.

Where I live not being able to appreciate mild flavors is associated with poor people and their habit of oversalting their food.
Why people are so proud of eating spice?

Where I live limiting yourself to only bland or only spicy food is associated with whiny man-children who nobody wants to dine with because they'll complain about anything and everything
Why are people so proud of being picky eaters?

>some of the greatest empires in history were forged out of white people's desire for nutmeg

ftft

If it was botulism, you probably wouldn't have been able to start this thread.

>If it was botulism, you probably wouldn't have been able to start this thread.
And he hasn't posted since starting it....

>lol yt can't handle hot food
Jason McNabb would have a larf

But user, mild flavors don't exist. If it isn't 1:1 [actual food] to spice ratio, it's bland and tasteless. I bet you think bread has a flavor, too.

Poe's law requires me to denote that the above is sarcasm. What a world we live in.

That boiling would have rendered the botulism toxin inert. Then again, botulism bacteria won't cause the can to swell, so I really don't know what bacterial toxins you consumed. RIP, I guess?