Refined sugar is killing you and it's in EVERYTHING

Refined sugar is killing you and it's in EVERYTHING

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j8zpM7rd2UU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Soy is not in everything unless you live in some sort of tranny Eastern country

Dont you mean corn syrup

Corn syrup is sugar that is just absorbed much quicker into your system due to a higher fructose ratio. AVOID ALL ADDED SUGARS, HFCS, AND EVEN ARTIFICIAL 0-CAL SWEETENER.

t. In the process of publishing a study on impacts of sugar consumption in youth

I eat only whole plant foods, and my freezer is completely filled with bananas and berries so I can make nicecream or whatever whenever I want. I wish I could afford more than a pound of greens a day. They're so yummy.

hello where is the proofs XDD

There is nothing wrong with it if you get sufficient micros and fiber and don't exceed tdee

Fuck off

oxygen is killing you and it's everywhere

youtube.com/watch?v=j8zpM7rd2UU

oxygen is keeping me alive constantly, you dopamine chasing dingus

Jokes on you, I use Sugar in the Raw

oxygen slowly kills us all

Refined sugar is not the killer though.
Its the sugar/fat mixture that does the trick.

who cares?

nobody's getting out alive, fucko.

entropy is killing you and it's fucking unstoppable.

>lustig
>youtube
discarded

70% of adults in the U.S. are overweight or obese anyway. There's no easy way to decrease that

>muh sugar
>muh carbs
>muh HFCS
>muh fats
>muh MSG
>muh aspartame
>muh chemicals

All of those things are fine. Stop trying to blame your obesity on a molecule. People get fat because they eat too god damn much. Of course no one wants to admit that 90% of a healthy diet is portion control, which is why many fad diets follow the form of "you can eat as much X as you want as long as you don't eat Y". It's the inconvenient truth that every fatty is running away from, because people love to indulge. The majority of Westerners are literally addicted to the feeling of having a full stomach and the idea of stopping eating once you stop being hungry sounds like a method of punishment to them.

Dihyrogen-monoxide is even more deadly. One drop and death is guaranteed, and it's not only in your food and drink but also in the air and even your bathwater.

Joke's on you I only eat wholefoods.

Portion control is very easy if you eat a healthy diet and very hard if you don't though.

Most slobs are playing on ultra hard mode by eating trash designed to be addictive rather than nourishing.

>it's in EVERYTHING
This is what real food looks like user. Zero added sugar here.

Stop buying premade shit and you won't have a problem with added sugar.

Maybe if you're a bitch
I'm so tough I can chug that shit

What are those bell peppers doing? Did they get lost?

I'm guessing they're part of the decoration for the meat display. Same idea as that green plastic fake grass.

>drinking my black coffee
Naw brah. No sugar in here.

It's okay. I'm italian, we don't put that in absolutely everything. Yet.

>AVOID SUGAR AND ALSO THINGS THAT AREN'T SUGAR

sucrose is better for you than fructose, actually.

>2017
>still using carbohydrates as your primary pyruvate source
Ethanol is the superior energy molecule. Glycolysis is literally killing you. Put down that banana and take a shot, for your health.

It's quite easy to avoid refined sugar if you cook your own food from actual food ingredients, not box shit. I haven't had any refined sugar in months, and I can say that with 100% certainty.

>In the process of publishing a study
Come back after peer review bitch

This.
I made a spinach and mushroom salad with chickpeas and some other vegetables the other day. It was supposed to be a side dish but I fucked up the quantities because I was distracted.

It was absolutely delicious and healthy, but there is no damn way that I could overeat that stuff. Have you seen how many calories there are in spinach? A whole kilogram of spinach is less than 250 calories. A KILOGRAM. That's probably a day's worth of food.

For reference the average (non-overweight) north american eats about 2 kg of food per day in total. You could eat a whole day's worth of spinach and get less than 1/4 of your TDEE
Try to get fat on that. It's impossible. (Obviously this wouldn't be a balanced meal but it can show some perspective)

Be 100% honest with me. Do you actually feel better? Or is it a placebo thing.

I'm not saying you aren't being healthier. I'm asking if you actually feel a physical difference.

but sugar basically is a sugar/fat mixture. the glucose gets metabolised as sugar and the fructose gets metabolised as fat.

well yes but glucose is better than both

I know this will come as a surprise (when it really shouldn't), but: yes.

Is it THAT shocking to learn that you physically feel better after a properly-portioned meal of, say, brown rice, steamed veggies, and baked chicken as opposed to a 2000 calorie meal of a Big Mac, large fries, and a soda?

Does this ACTUALLY surprise anyone? And, if it does: HOW?

First of all, calm the fuck down.

Second, I'm not eating mcdonalds.

And third, the only reason I ask is because I've tried not having sugar for about 6 months and didn't really feel different. I also don't eat junk food though so there's that. I felt just as strong and healthy with or without it. The only difference is sugar tastes pretty fucking good in certain foods. So I went back.

Been using stevia extract for a while. Please tell me how fucked I am

>calm the fuck down
Apparently capitalizing words for emphasis is now a micro-aggression (is summer over yet?).

Congrats, you don't eat McD's: you're one of about a dozen people here who can say that. But, you do know that McD's isn't the only place to get shit-awful food right? I mean, unless you cook it yourself, odds are that you're getting some unnecessary additives (e.g. sugar, sodium, etc) in your food, and more of it than you'd probably like.

As far as sugar goes (and as long as you aren't eating mountains of it), unless you're a diabetic or something the only thing you really have to worry about is excess calorie consumption and those sugar crashes (and the fact that foods with added sugar taste pretty different from those without extra sugar).

The passive aggressiveness was palpable. Again, relax. Capitalizing the words implies a direct tone and emphasis and you know it. You were judging why I'd ever dare ask such a question when you say "Is it THAT shocking". But honestly who cares? I'm dropping it.

Anyways, I'm not worrying about sugar. I just wanted to ask you because for me it didn't make a difference and I don't know anyone who's given up sugar completely. I mean, I assume I'd live longer without it though. But I'm happier with sugar in certain foods. I cook everything myself anyway.

They should have a diet version of everything, like they do with sodas. It's just wasted calories anyway, you'd easily save 30-50% in a lot of desserts and snacks. (Wouldn't hurt to take out some of the fat too.)

Sadly this will probably never happen.

I avoid fructose rich foods anyway because it gives me bad gas

>B-b-but artificial sweeteners are cancer. Dr. Oz told me so :(

They aren't cancer, but they may interfere with the brain's ability to regulate calorie consumption, cause overproduction of insulin, and otherwise have serious negative health effects.

Bullshit. I made exactly clear only sugars and nonnutritive sweeteners. It doesn't mean you can't eat Cheerios you fuck

Yeah yeah, true. But this study is essentially just a reiteration of another Barry Popkin sugar study. One amongst probably 300 other retests

cheerios are like 75% carbs though

>Refined sugar is killing you
good
im only 25 and i already lived 20 years too long

>Cheerios don't contained added refined sugars.
>most people who actually buy the original, lower in added refined sugar Cheerios don't add table sugar to them.
wew.

>may

so nothing conclusive then. great job. that's some quality research, science man.

Sugar is an all natural product. It's safe.

but not healthy

It's literally from a vegetable.

Poisonous mushrooms are a vegetable.

Wrong, fungi

it's not really unhealthy in moderation though, but when you're consuming 5 or 10 times the recommended amount almost anything will be unhealthy, even water

In what journal? The American Society of Meme Cooks?

I'm going to add my anecdotal shit in here.

God it's so true. You can tell as you get older and you consume it. Refined sugar fucks up your body. It's effect is not as notciable when young.

And it's in everything. Like you get Stevia, you fucked up if you got the powder, its got dextrose. Let me get this one dressing...its got sugar and corn syrup.

Make everything yourself from fest ingredients. It's like having superpowers. Don't be Gwyneth Paltrow, just learn that everything is better and cheaper when you make it yourself.

is cane/brown sugar ANY better? or is it a meme and the change in impact is barely noticeable.

bump, useful thread

They already do, it's called "organic"

Yeah I feel better. But it is also just healthier and I like the way fresh real food tastes better than box shit.

Eating remade stuff with all the added sugars and garbage makes me feel bloated and foggy and shitty. After a while you tend to get used to it though so it's not really noticeable, but if you stop and eat clean you'll definitely feel better.

Yeah, but sugar is particularly troublesome even on this point because it's easy to consume a large amount of calories from it without becoming satiated. In fact, it seems to cause people to crave even MORE food, rather than sating hunger. And when combined with fat, it makes it easier to consume far more than if you simply ate the fat alone (which has a satiating effect).

Calories in / out may be the thermodynamic reality, but there is a great deal that goes on below the surface that influences health and wellness beyond simple weight changes. From a health standpoint, a calorie is not a calorie, and things like micronutrients, fibers, antioxidants, polyphenols, etc. make a difference.

Obviously a healthy person can indulge in sweets and things sometimes and be fine, but most people consume it way too much out of emotional compulsion. I don't think the idea of removing sugar completely for a while is a bad idea by any means.

so?

literally all glucose/fructose sugars are as bad as each other, including complex carbs

eat your veggies user

If anyone here is defending sugar just let the stupid fuckers due it's not worth it senpai

Well, I'm not dead yet, so it's only making me stronger.

yeah because everyone just loves throwing their raw meat on the fucking grass before they cook it

>not getting the taste of grass-fed for cheaper
pleb