Are air fryers a meme? I can get one on sale but it seems like bullshit, what do you guys think of air fryers?

Are air fryers a meme? I can get one on sale but it seems like bullshit, what do you guys think of air fryers?

It's just an oven

This, get a baking rack and you can air fry in the oven.

>what do you guys think of air fryers?
If you are married to a weird starch and starch eating manchild (probably latino) that only eats 5 things, and you find that you fry constantly at home, get one to save their life. It might decrease the amount of oil absorbed in mass quantities of fried foods eaten at home. Plantains, tostones, french fries, that kind of thing. Since there is less oil in the fryer (as popposed to a Big Daddy Jr. or something, and you don't like to reuse oil, then there could be savings.

It might be for you if you fry when you entertain, and don't want to watch that stove, but have your guests watch this on the bar or something like that. Sure. You know, frying chicken wings, or little eggrolls or something as part of your regular weekly house party for sports watching or sunday brunch post church family gathering.

Myself? I line a baking sheet with parchment or foil, and toss some yukon golds with a Tbsp or two of oilve oil and I make my fries that way. I know the entire 4-5 potatoes in a big batch can't absorb more than 2 Tbsp oil because it's all I use. No, two temperature restaurant style fries for me, and I love mine, browned and golden skin *shrug* and it's healthy. I go out for other moods.

it's a small oven with a fan in it.

I was gifted one this past Christmas. It works pretty well (mostly use it for making wings). The problem is that it takes up a shit-load of space (both when being used, as well as being stored).

I live in a 1 room cabin because it's cheap as fuck, and an air fryer is great for me because it gets a real good crisp on things and is smaller than a real oven. A real oven is almost always better, but if space is an issue it's a great time.
I've literally just got a microwave, a george foreman and the air fryer. It's pretty minimal and I'm considering getting a slow cooker but I can cook about 90% of the things I would care to.

?

would you recommend investing in it?

tell us more about living in a cabin

wouldn't a hot plate be better than the george foreman

You'd probably like an Instapot user. Has many useful cooking features in one small device.

kill your self

there are similar devices that use a very small amount of oil blown over whatever you want to fry and they actually work really well. never used one that's just air though.

Oil is only part of the problem of frying. Air fryers still make the food carcinogenic from it getting that hot.

It cooks food...with air.

So...it's weirdly-shaped toaster oven.

Yeah I can bake fries too. It's called baking fries.

Why do baked fries taste so awful by the way? I think because the lack of oil and the dry air make them dry inside. Hurl

do you own one? You realize its a convection oven correct? It works much better than a toaster oven. Everyone is a fucking idiot. Its a fucking mini convection oven. Convection ovens are good. It works good. I like mine. Everyone else fuck off please and if you dont have one and have never used one don't pretend like you know what you are talking about because you definitely don't and probably 85% of the people on Veeky Forums cook shit tier highschooler food. Please go fuck your mother.

>not having a convection oven hooked into your house
How poor are you?

>Wasting money on a meme oven

Well...I can bake fries in a LARGE convection oven too

well congratulations then you wouldnt need to buy a fucking airfyer would you? You already own a premium kitchen appliance that many people do not have. Fucking smart ass piece of human excrement. I have a Samsung oven and its not a convection oven. It has a button for chicken nuggets so fuck off faggot.

Sounds like something some 18 year old fag that uses his mom and dads convection oven would say. Get bend you bellend plonker twit.

>wah wah I'm so poor.
>MUM some guy on my anime inspired cooking image forum said I was poor.
>oooh I know I'll just use all the cuss words I know to insult him. That'll show him (:

hahahahahah wow. Confirmed you dont actually own your oven and its your gay dads and whore moms. Good job. If you were a real man and earned it yourself like me you would be happy to let that be known but instead you had to call me poor like some fake little kid would do. Thats ok, I know how to cook unlike you. Enjoy your chef-boyarde you little cum guzzling queer.

>Oh no mum the guy I insulted came back and roasted me
>Better toss some more cuss words at him
>surely this will make me feel better about my lack of wealth

It's pretty nice, user. There is a village about ten minutes walk away where I can buy milk and stuff. The nearest proper supermarket is about half an hour drive, and it's about an hour and a half to the city where I work. The village is on a rail line so sometimes I catch the train.

I live about five minutes from the beach, and you can hear the waves at night. There isn't a huge amount of light pollution, so the stars are very bright. Sometimes I get lonely, but there's an old mate of my mother's who lives about twenty minutes away, and I play wargames with her husband and smoke dope with her so that's not so bad.

It's not actually a George Foreman, it's a plain sandwich press without grill bars, so it's basically an electric frypan. Mostly I have some sort of fried rice, cook the vegetables in the sandwich press and cook the rice in the microwave. The microwave is also good for steaming greens and can boil pasta adequately. I keep some frozen nonsense around, just as a snack and stuff, things like spring rolls or chicken nuggies that I can just jam in the air-fryer.

Looks... ok. A combination pressure cooker/ rice cooker/ slow cooker is pretty worth my space poor time.

Sounds comfy

Its just a convection oven imitation

how's the manifesto coming along

It's getting good. Gonna change the world, doncha know.

I have one and used to use a deep fryer pretty frequently. Since getting the air fryer I binned the deep fryer within a week and generally think my diet's improved as a result; not only do I consume less oil but I'm actually frying less often than before. I suspect the oil consumption was propagating a savage cycle of wanting more, like going on a fast food binge.

I use it for a large variety of stuff, like various forms of fried starch such as wedges, fries, chips, as well as a few varieties of fish, chicken and beef. The only downsides I find to it is that it takes a little longer to cook and that the more you load into it, it takes an exponentially longer amount of time to properly cook and crisp everything, so you end up cooking 1/3rd batches at a time of whatever it is you're planning to eat if it's in a large quantity like chips.

All that said, I haven't noticed any appreciable increase in my power bill and my food generally comes out the other end tasting better than when I used a deep fryer. Much less oil and crispier in texture. Not to mention the maintenance is so much lower; you don't have to buy litres of oil and clean it out every few weeks in a procedure that requires draining and chucking bottles of used oil in the bin. Five minutes washing it under hot water and you're done.

Get one of them multi cookers. Slow cookers are great but so are pressure cookers

>premium kitchen appliance
Are you retarded kid?
What makes it premium?
A convection oven is literally just an oven with a fucking fan

>air fryer
do you mean an over?

>do you mean an over?
What's an over?

>specific button for chicken nuggets
i really wonder where this poster come from

just get something like this

It's a cricket term I think?

because its an upgrade from a basic oven. Like when you buy a car and get the premium package that comes with leather seats over cloth? hhahaha fucking little kids off for summer break. Fucking literally kill yourself.

>kill yourself.
no u, edgelord

i bought a regular deep fryer and have lost 30lbs since

>edgelord
hahahah wow nice comeback faggot. Im really upset keep going loser.

no
u

cool post (You)

>It has a button for chicken nuggets
Welcome to Veeky Forums! Fucking moron.

Your graceless manner and lack of imagination befit a pig farmer. Go live in a dungeon, you filthy hermaphrodite.

good file name

>girl
reee
But your fault for marrying a literal loser, lmao.

It's basically the food equivalent of vaping or non-alcoholic beer.

Yeah, it's a meme.