Which publisher does the worst covers and why is it Wordsworth Classics?

Which publisher does the worst covers and why is it Wordsworth Classics?

Bumping with this monstrosity

wait...

>posting wrong answer in order to get me to post Tutis covers
nice try though

think you misspelled "best"

>Darling, walk with me through this lawn

What's wrong with it? That's Howth Castle and environs.

neither are bad, really

Penguin can fuck off though

can you post a pic of the text in some page? ordered a wordsworth and have never seen how it looks

yeah, joyce's and virgina woolf's covers in wordsworth aren't so bad, but some others like robinson crusoé or crime and punishment are disgusting

Man, they are going to be disappointed

>Caspar David Friedrich's Wanderer Above the Sea of Fog as every 19th century lit cover.

I'd actually be curious about what the game's producteur has to say about Dante's Inferno.

why?

>virgina woolf's covers in wordsworth aren't so bad,

Wordworth Classics manage to sell books for 2 pounds and fuck up their sale with disgusting covers

rate mine

Here's my worst tbqhwyf

You faggots obviously haven't truly seen hell.

when compared to ? hell yes, its not so bad.

Compulsory

Jesus fuck thats hilarious. He looks like he's in a Seth Rogen movie.

frankly i hate any cover of lolita that shows something resembling erotica. Makes it look like cheap bait.

top-tier semen demon right there

This. Literally just rip off a piece of art from the 19th century like all publishers do instead of spending time on making some photoshopped Eldritch horror

Do Wordsworth purposely choose those covers as a joke?

It's hard to say really, like, what were they thinking when they made the covers?

This one right here

publisher is called kolibri(hungarian)

>not exclusively buying unmarked hardbacks

I don't know about publishers but "now a feature film" covers are the absolute worst.

i have that edition of candide, it's great!

Please tell me you shopped that and it is not the actual print.

If you made this it's not so bad. One criticism I have though it that all the stars seem too intricate. What I would recommend doing is using constellation art, such as a painting or something else with less complexity. I'm sure theres a god of war somewhere up in the night sky, so maybe pick Orion or something, and put the planet mars in there. Perhaps the night sky could be above a campsite or something.

Is this real. Holy this this is actually really funny.

Everyman's Library usually sucks.

I need this. Do you know who published it?

These get quite some love here, which I never understood. Were they trying to be smart with it or what? Those are annoying covers

kek this one is horrible, wordsworth tier but...its the original text so I don't give a fuck about the cover t b h

i kind of think this is not too bad at all

like something a mexican would paint at the wall of his taco restaurant

Nope it's real

Thank God I stopped buying paperbacks!

I make covers for my ereader since its in 12x16 ration and default ones turn out bad in black and white. But this one truly came out poorly.

>that MILF on the left
Would fuck

>Being poor and buying used shit

Why? I think it's nice

10/10 I love them

Vomit-inducing

>Sea of Fog
it's Sea of Mist

FUCK

i have this copy :(

Not every Wordsworth cover is shit, desu.

Penguin modern classics covers are all just irrelevant stock photos

Its a pretty good edition though.

me on the right

that's what you get for paying £1 for classics

Looks appropriate, what don't you like about it, user?

At this point, honestly, I think they do it intentionally for advertising. They knew they couldn't stand out for being good, so they've opted to stand out for being bad.

Probably Vintage. Their designs are consistently trash and their uniform red spines are almost undecipherable from a short distance.

If On A Winter's Night A Traveller isn't even the worst Calvino in the Vintage line-up.

do they sell this in the slavic equivolent of hot topic suicide squad brokencyde myspace hello kitty harley quinn meme master naruto

what are these, promotional stills for a european seinfeld starring stephen fry?

Vintage can be surprisingly good, but a lot of their covers try to modernise the style of the classic and it doesn't usually sit well for me.

Saying that, I love the covers they put out for Mishima's works.

I actually agree with you, and contrary to popular opinion on Veeky Forums, I like their Murakami covers too. But that still doesn't excuse the sort of rubbish they slapped on Calvino and Dostoyevsky.

Forgot pic.

Pooh. This is a good-looking book.

I'm afraid I have to disagree. I personally think they're just too modern in an edgy, unsubtle way.

Unrelated, do you keep all your books in those library style plastic sleeves?

The faux Russian lettering... jeez.

Not my book. Just googled looking for the cover and thought one that showed it in 3d might give a better sense for why I think it looks okay. With the red spine and continued theme on the book, that one looks quite nice. Even if, you're right, the spelling of BROTHERS is I guess legitimately retarded.

*continued theme on the back, lmao

They use to have nice covers and then recently they've been using ones with smirking LARPers.

I'm thankful the only worsworth stuff I bought were the old ones.

Its in every bookshop. And thats how they did "The monk".

I was so excited for this edition, but they fucked it up so bad with the cover. ended not buying. Surprised there are other Bulgarians on here.

That's not bad at all

is that real? fuck

It's definitely better than Penguin's latest effort.

You have terrible taste in books

i will not forfeit and disagree

i always cringe when theres a 3d person in the cover