Would you say that getting an english and philosophy degree is worth it now a days...

Would you say that getting an english and philosophy degree is worth it now a days? I have plenty of support from my parents, and I just don't want to get into a field that has to do with using my hands, because not only do I hate doing stuff like that, I really can't stand the sort of people in those professions. It feels like the only things that interest me in school is philosophy, literature (I actually have to take writing 101 and 102 before I can go onto the literature courses), and psychology and perhaps sociology.

I don't really actually want to do this, but I sort of feel like I should try to get some sort of education. No one's really pushing me to do anything, and so I have just been living in this apartment that my parents pay for me. I decided that I would tell my parents that I wanted to take up some courses, and this is about the third time I've tried going to college, but I just hate school. I did terrible in high school so I have to take some classes as a non degree seeking student, so I can get credits and transfer them over into the school so I can become a full time student. It's weird and complicated. But I don't really want to do this, I'd much rather not do anything at all.

I'm just sort of worn out of this whole work school live thing. At times I just feel so worn out of it it makes me feel like I'm suffocating inside of my own brain. I wish that I just didn't have to participate in society. If you knew the story of my experience all throughout 6th through 12th grade you'd probably understand how the life and will could get sucked out of a person like it did for me.

well you just wrote a blog post on Veeky Forums so no, you wont amount to anything

Get the right amount of sleep, drink a gallon of water a day, stop eating fast food, and start running and lifting weights.

Do it.

>I just don't want to get into a field that has to do with using my hands, because not only do I hate doing stuff like that, I really can't stand the sort of people in those professions.
antipathy for life and the working class does not an intellectual make

i hope you neck yourself

The world is too depressing for me to step outside of my house, but my diet is only whole foods. I don't eat junk, I don't eat processed sugar, I don't eat processed food. I drink a lot of decaf coffee, regular coffee, almond milk, and water.

>Would you say that getting an english and philosophy degree is worth it now a days?
i assume you're going to community college?
anyway get your electives out of the way and then decide if you really wanna do English/philosophy

IMO you're better off just doing some stem shit . you could always just look up what books are used for English and self teach yourself. which is better IMO

If you hate school and anticipate hating college courses, why would you go? Guilt? Parental pressure? College isn't right for everyone, and I don't mean that in a negative way, that you're stupid or below those who've gotten a degree.
What interests you? What are your hobbies? What would your 'perfect life' look like?
Since you're looking for advice, I'd say make use of your paid-for rent, unplug meaningless distractions (tv, computer, ps4, etc) and get to know yourself...take up meditation, feel bored, feel hungry, you don't need to figure it all out right now.

>I wish that I just didn't have to participate in society.

You don't have to. And quite honestly I wish you wouldn't. Do what other user said. Drink water, lift weights. Become a man and learn to respect others.

>tfw to intelligent to work at a blue collar job

I mean fuck I don't like that shit either but at least I tried it

Why would I go? To be honest because I'm sick of sitting around at home all the time. I need to do something, and I don't want that something to be a minimum wage job. I'd rather go to school to feel like I'm doing something official with my life than go into some minimum wage job, which I'll inevitably just blow on rare CDs or interesting books like I did before. Hopefully after I've expended my time at my college excursion, I can concede to work with the knowledge that I put off that dreadful anxiety inducing thing for as long as I possibly could. I know that once I get into the work force, I'll have no tolerance for authority and be a dick to my boss getting myself fired inevitably. I get banned from practically every website I go to besides this one because this website lets you get banned like literally 50 times and they will just keep unbanning you. They kicked me out of classes over and over again in high school because I hated them and wanted to make life difficult for them, it's just an impulse that I've had to live with to this day.

This is the cure to potential depression, ennui and frogposting. If you do all of this then I assure you that you'll have a life brimming with gfs and happiness.

>the world is too depressing for me to step outside
>I'm sick of sitting around at home all the time
Stop sitting around. You already know a few disciplines that compel you, so start learning as much as you can if you truly care. A part of college is dealing with bullshit, adapting to shitty teachers and courses you don't want to take. Find your determination and overcome your problems. Obviously you need to think about your future and what career would suit you, but first you really need to overcome your hopelessness, self-indulgence and isolation.

You should just kill yourself.

Dude just fucking write. Write about this and that. Put your life to use by putting it on paper. Keep a diary spill whatever comes to mind

I do all of this and I'm still miserable

do the opposite then.
do drugs and eat shitty

I already do that.

You are very wise

this

it's good to be healthy but remember to have fun too, maybe you should smoke some dank w33d and buy a ton of food and read a good book my friend

>but first you really need to overcome your hopelessness, self-indulgence and isolation.

that's a wrap boys, /threads going home

Ok, get to the basics. Besides killing time, eating, orgasming, what do you like to do? You might have interests you haven't discovered yet.

There's not really much that I like to do to be honest. I like paintball. I like reading. I like writing on my blog. I don't really like doing anything else though. I feel like I actually don't have the capacity to want to do anything anymore. I don't even like entertainment, I have no patience for movies and I have no patience for video games. Everything just feels like an exercise of focus and patience for me, everything feels like a chore. I also feel weighed down by a crushing existential despair whenever I do anything, because I just get the sense of utter absurdity, and the fact that I'm just an organism who evolved to process information and fuck and die keeps circulating my head invariably.

I also like listening to music.