Can Veeky Forums create a simple meme to fully disprove Flat Earthers?

Can Veeky Forums create a simple meme to fully disprove Flat Earthers?

I was thinking along the lines of constellations, however they already have Southern hemisphere science deniers. Travel times over their warped land masses would be interesting, however it would have to be explained simiply for these people.

Keep in mind these God fearing people already believe photos of Earth from space are fake, and they can't grasp that the horizon is relative to your height.

>disproving facts

I have yet to hear an explanation for how a direct flight from Sydney, Australia to Santiago, Chile only takes 14 hours. On a flat Earth model that would require the airplane to travel over 1000 miles per hour.

After all these years, the brainlets still don't get the joke. Hint hint, the surface of every three dimensional object is two dimensional.

>can Veeky Forums convince hardcore skeptics
No, you can't because like climate change deniers they won't accept any evidence you give them. That's why it's best to leave them to their delusions and move on

There must be a simple way to reduce the proof to a single image, that even their "woke" minds can understand.

Get a CAD file of a sphere with an earth texture on it. Render a video in CAD demonstrating that when you're really close to the sphere, the horizon's pretty flat when you look around, but as you rise from the sphere and it takes up less than the usual half of your field of view, its roundness becomes apparent. I'd have done this long ago, but the computer I've been using is shitty and won't put up with such a task.

The "curvature of the horizon" argument could be easily and effectively thrown out the window by any simpleton if such a short & concise video or gif proliferated.

Clearly that's the joke... yeah, that's what these people are implying. They're just uber mathematicians trolling the world.

Of course.
> faggot

that is the meme to disprove flat earthers

i will make this gif, but it will have to be when i have access to the CAD program at my school in about 2 months when i go back.

I haven't seen a single flat earther in media, in politics, or any where in real life anyway.
So far they exist only in the secluded bits of the internet, none of them have a science degree or ever read a single physics book without dismissing it because "MUH HULY BUUK".
Flat earthers are harmless, most are most likely trolls, and those that are serious are so few they're isignificant.
Only when we start noticing them IRL should we begin to sterilise them

Fuck off, b8r. This board was almost freed from this vsauce cancer.

Also, lunar eclipses.

There was a stink around B.O.B. being a flat-earther. A few bigger celebrities don't dismiss it, either.

The only rational thing to do is sell them shit in order to separate them from their money.

The predictions that provides are laughably far from reality.

Disprove it, then.

No special equipment required.

1. Scientific method: the moon is a globe lit by the sun

Observe the moon at many positions in the night sky. The lit portion always "points to" the sun. When in the same hemisphere of the sky as the hemisphere centered on the sun, the moon is less than half full; when in the other hemisphere, more than half. This evidence supports the hypothesis that the moon is a globe lit exclusively by the sun.

2. Trig: the sun is ~400 times further from Earth than the moon

If an observer can see the moon and the sun in the same field of vision, then they can imagine a two-dimensional plane with three points on it: the sun, the moon, and the observer. These points can form a triangle. We can measure the angle between the sun-observer line and the moon-observer line. Because we've previously established the moon is a globe lit only by the sun, we can measure the angle between the moon-observer line and the moon-sun line. Having two angles of the triangle, we can deduce the third angle and thus the shape of this triangle. Therefore, if the moon is 1 "moon unit" away, we can solve how many of these units the sun is from Earth. The result is ~400.

There is plenty of well thought out and researched videos that prove Earth is a sphere, but I'm talking about concentrating it down into one simple image, storyboard or meme

or do it with blender or something

This made me think I was in the world of warships general for a second

No because these people enjoy the idea there is something secret about life, Even if you fully proved it to them, which wouldnt be easy to meme, they would find somehting else.

>the winds are faster the closer you come to the the great wall of ice

Not a flatearther, but arguing with memes, as in the original meaning of meme(mental gene or virus) is impossible. Just like a real life virus or computer virus, it infiltrates its host(the mind) and tries to spread

Have they ever considered that maybe the sun is flat?

>Disprove it, then.
In that image, the apparent phase of the Moon depends on your latitude and longitude.
In reality, it doesn't (to any significant degree).

Do a gif with CAD will not work.

Because one of main arguments of flat-earthers is that the pictures of round earth are made with CGI, CAD or Photoshop so fake.

>I'm not a flat-earther. I'm just telling that a computer generated image wont work against them. We need another way.

Holy fucking shit.

No evidence will work with them, because they're not interested in evidence.
It's a "playing chess with a pigeon" argument.

Just tell them to go on an expedition and take a picture of the wall of ice.

>b-but muh government security guards
Then take a picture of them.

>b-but muh guards will kill me
Then livestream it

>b-but they will interfere with the signal
Then livestream the signal going out

>b-but
No buts. If they are so sure then tell them to produce some hard evidence.

> ignores /pol/ for years as they're basically just basement dwellers
> Trump becomes president of United States
> "Flat-Earthers are harmless"

Then take a video from atop an exercise ball or some other sufficiently large sphere. People only buy into it because they run into the dumbshit arguments first and don't have the tools to debunk them themselves.

Also, there's no explanation for where the bottom of the sun goes when it's clearly seen going below the horizon, only for when it's a muggy day and the sun disappears behind haze.

There exist many. But each time one is produced, they are ignored, and another fE "proof" is presented. Here's but one example.