Dad likes Crown Royal so I figured I'd get him a finer whiskey for Father's Day but I don't know shit about whiskey...

Dad likes Crown Royal so I figured I'd get him a finer whiskey for Father's Day but I don't know shit about whiskey. What's a whiskey that's similar and also finer than Crown?

when it comes to consumer grade stuff (i.e mass produced) Crown Royal is pretty high up.

I would maybe try for a nice regional whiskey. Even if it doesn't taste as good, he will likely enjoy drinking something different for a chagne (and apprecaite the sentiment)

Why not just get what he likes? get a massive bottle

If you love your dad, don't give him a toxin for father's day, marketer shill.

Forty Creek and Alberta Premium are probably the best overall Canadian whiskies, but if your dad likes what he likes then you should probably just buy him one of the more expensive varieties of Crown

My dad's a Scotch fan, so this year I've chosen pic related.

>blended

>Blended

user, noooo

This.

The man likes Crown Royale. Buy him Crown Royale.

Buy him an AA membership instead.

royal salute. dad also loves crown and this is what he buys himself. don't get anything peaty for sure

Only the best for the old man

Canadian Mist

look for Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye.
It won the Jim Murray's 2016 World Whiskies of the Year award.

Yeah surely no money or favors were exchanged for that terrific pick. Thanks but I'll stick to other reviewers who don't photoshop their eyes as if they were on the cover of some teen vampire romance novel.

Crown Royal Northern Harvest is pretty fantastic, or get him a bottle of Forty Creek Barrel Select

I don't understand why scotch snobs always gasp at people who say they like scotch blends.

>its unfashionable to drink blended scotch, therefore it's fucking awful.

Who cares? A drink is a drink is a jolly old drink.

I think you answered your own question there.

Gay

If u think that's gay, just look at his 2017 edition.

you jokers know about the new crown royal that got awards, right? It was fucking a boring sweet takeoff from Crown Royal, but it's all nifty as shit, praise the booze.

Wisers 18 year old or Gibson very old are both nice booze

Crown Royal is crap so literally anything else outside of Canadian Club and basic Wisers is better.
Just get him a bottle of Forty Creek Copper Pot Still.
>scotch fan
>gives him overpriced blended whisky
Refund that shit and get him a bottle of glendronach 12
Jim Murray needs to die in a fire already

Got this for my dad

Surprise your dad and give him a bottle of that ol' Froig.