Hey Veeky Forums, whats more important, funding the medical field , power, or space travel?

Hey Veeky Forums, whats more important, funding the medical field , power, or space travel?

Medical, prolong life so we have more time to contemplate the other problems.

>space travel
>important
How is traveling through an empty void more important than saving lives?

> How is conquering the universe and preserving the long term survival of our species more important than adding a year or two of being a stinky old person to everyones life.

I would say power

>preserve the long term survival of our species
>through space travel
>not through medical field funding

jesus christ Veeky Forums

How would improved medicine preserve our species.

Being immortal wont help us in nuclear war, or if the sun blows up.

>if the sun blows up
yea im done responding to you. Just know you're retarded

Dog, the sun WILL blow up in the very far future.

It's whatever the government currently thinks is important in the here and now, because that's where the grant money will go. Example: If the US government thinks there are too many lard asses in the country, then tie your grant abstract to obesity no matter how tenuous the link may be. Minimize your chances of getting rejected and maximize the chance of getting accepted.

>conquering the universe
>conquering
>universe
Are you high?

It's a good thing we can multitask,

power

no, the sun "blowing up" will not lead to the end of the earth. what WILL end the earth would be the sun, as a star does, age, and it will eventually become a massive red giant, whose radius is larger than the distance from the sun to the earth. the sun will engulf the earth. (SIDENOTE: yes, the sun will "go supernova" at one point, and will explode, but it will become a red giant long before that happens)

I knew that.

No.

Fuck humans
We need to exterminate at least 95% of humans
Humans are a plague on this planet from consuming way too many resources and destroying all the ecosystems and ruining the we environment and causing mass extinction of cool animals
I would fund space travel so we won't waste funds on saving people's lives

>Humans are a plague on this planet from consuming way too many resources

This is the dumbest shit.Too many resources... relative to what? Who else is going to consume resources? What else are you going to use resources for?

I like how much you try to act as a source of knowledge and then say the sun will go supernova which it is not large enough to do

Medical.

I've said this before, Conquering space as meatbags stupid. We must become cyborgs.

Power of course. Everything stems from power.

Space travel, because if we dont have a self sustaining mars colony, all it takes is one giant space rock to wipe out the entire human race.

Holy crap, is it really a Veeky Forumsence board?
Everything is important.

FPBP

>Implying that it's easier to colonise an uninhabitable rock and make it self sustaining than to detect any big rocks coming at the planet and change their trajectory by a few degrees.

Power, let's get reliable clean and cheap energy so we can have more resources to do the other things.

That's a short sighted argument. Saving a few extra lives is great but medical tech is good enough for now and already receives billions from the private sector.

Power, obviously.
Human knowledge is cumulative, thus this reasoning is moronic. Moreover our current medicinal capabilities are satisfactory enough, and so we should focus on the thing that's actually a problem.

Fear-of-death-fag spotted.
>prolong life when youre going to harsh new worlds.
>prolong life when you could develop renewable energy production to improve the quality of life you have.
>not wanting to die every god damned minute of every god damned day, hoping that some sweet life-ending event will whisk you away into the unknown.

That's a lot of assuming you're doing chief.

I'd say space travel because of limited resources on Earth. I don't want a resource war.

>whats more important, funding the medical field , power, or space travel?

Get the Power to become able to Fund Medical Treatments for Astronauts during Space Travel

Space travel. So we can flee this planet when shit goes down in the next 50 years.

Space travel is the most important. Earth will not be habitable forever. Space will be. Colonization of space will ensure our immortality as a species, in addition to generating many advances in technology applicable even on Earth. Imagine a closed loop life support that would recycle all air, food, water and materials as long as it has access to power. That kind of thing.

you really need to advance the other two to make space travel worthwhile

earth's going to be more habitable for humans than any other place in the universe for billions of years, there's no rush.

I believe that all of the above are best developed indirectly by artificially increasing human intelligence.

Whether it be by gene selection or another transhumanist method, augmenting the average IQ of developed nations from ~100 to even a standard deviation above that could produce unprecedented scientific development.

However, of the areas to develop after this development, I would lean towards space travel, as I would personally like to see the success of outer-planet colonies with intelligence controlled for. Imagine a society made up of the stuff of Antarctic geologists, and the best of humanity to support them.

You dont get it, the point is to make modern civilization multiplanetary.

Asteroid falls on Earth, nuclear war erupts, supervolcano explodes, whatever.

Then modern technological civilization collapses, and we are screwed, doomed to go extinct with the Sun. Precious habitability wont help you then.

However if there is a sufficiently sustainable colony offworld, then modern civilization survives and humanity lives forever.

it is precisely because the universe is less habitable why we should expand into it

learn to survive on Earth, congrats, you can live on Earth only, you are now an intellectual peer of blacks in Africa and will die out eventually

learn to survive in space, you can live anywhere and forever

Power.
If we don't resolve the CO2 issue, humanity will have to life as if on another planet anyway. With overpopulation, culling the medically weak may become a routine for survival of the species.

Let the ecosystems consume and recycle resources like they have been doing for billions of years
Don't let undesirable humans consume them like a plague

>Human knowledge is cumulative

Being able to stuff enough experience into 1 brain, in order to see and realize the patterns of life, takes a long time. Having the brain plasticity of an 8yo to twenty-something, with the experience of someone 300 years old, will open up all sorts of new things.