Veeky Forums what's your favorite rice centered dish?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yWB2DtVytuo
healthyeating.sfgate.com/nutrients-rice-vs-potatoes-2871.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Mix an egg yolk into the hot rice (so it cooks)
>That's all
It's so good. The Japanese eat a very similar dish with soy sauce but I don't really like soy sauce so I don't add it.

Rice with garlic, green onions, some butter, sausage, and some egg cracked onto it tamago style.

rice

rice and onions

basmati rice and some salt

rice and ketchup

I like to steam rice. Spread it out and make indents, where I place balls of fried rice, cover, and shape into balls. I bake these in the oven at 345. Once golden brown, I throw a stick of cinnamon in a blender with sugar and water, and toss in my baked rice balls and blend until smooth. I leave this in the fridge over night and strain it in the morning. That was passed down from my Gma, to my Ma, and then to me.

Steamed fried baked horchata. It's the best.

Making Rice

2 Cups of Basmati Rice (Costco has great bulk rice)
3 Cups of water
salt in water if you want

Rinse rice in cold water in strainer/sieve for 1 minute or until the water runs clear. Boil 3 cups of water and place rice in pot. High heat until it boils reduce to gentle simmer (low heat) and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes and turn off the element. Let it rest for 15 on the element. Don’t lift the lid. Fluff rice and place in a container for overnight storage in the fridge. All fried rice requires day old rice at least.

Making the Egg for fried rice.

4 eggs
3 shakes of McCormick Curry powder
4 twists of fresh ground pepper

Beat eggs in a bowl, heat a nonstick frypan with a small amount of olive oil to coat. Scramble the eggs to done, not overcooked and reserve.

Making the Fried Rice:

2 cups of frozen veg thawed.
Rice from previous stage
Curried scrambled egg from previous stage
One ½ onion medium diced

Curry Paste:

3 tbsp olive oil
1 to 2 tbsp of chili garlic sauce
1 tbsp curry powder
1tsp garlic powder
1tsp turmeric
1tsp ginger
2tbsp soy sauce

Take day old rice and pour 3 tbsp of olive oil or canola in its container and mix well. Coat the entire batch lightly. Put a small coating amount of oil in a big pan or wok and heat to high. Toss in the onion and leave it to brown. Toss it. Then add the rice and fry until warm, 2 minutes. Add veg and stir fry. Slowly add the curry paste and mix vigorously until uniform. Add the egg at the end and stir gently.

This recipe is basically used for Singapore noodles with vermicelli.

You can put shrimp or cooked chicken into it and it's utterly perfect curry singapore noodles.

Do you guys ever really cook with rice?

I subsitute rice for bread crumbs. works great.

you.

You?

YOU. Eat RICE not crumbs you fucker! Sorry I can't be serious. Eat what you want.

/thread

I just use rice as a carb base and put shit in it.

Like, baked chicken and BBQ sauce or hotdogs and mustard and hot sauce. Shit like that

What makes fried rice "fried"?

rice but with meat and eggs

the LSD

Paella

I do this so much

>so it cooks
sure thing salmonella devil

chao ga/congee/rice porridge, whatever you want to call it

and red beans and rice

Thanks. Im gonna try this

This is giving me a food boner

Beans in tomato sauce from a can (heated obviously) on basmati rice and add a little sweet chili sauce, mix it around. It's pretty unreal.

Stir frying it with the other ingredients but it gets the color from the soy sauce and spices.

you fry it.

Aracini is pretty decent.

make a pea and mint risotto - cool it in the fridge. Roll it into balls - cumb them and deep fry them. Tasty as fuck provided your rizzo is killer.

>make steamed rice, fried rice, then roll all together and bake
>then blender it.
But why?

Ground roast rice is awesome and can be used as a crumb-like substance.

RICE PLUS AJVAR is the kino combination

Rice and au jus

dog stew

Not a problem, I live in a first world country.

Taco rice and risotto

Singapore fried rice.
Prawns, beef, pork, chillis, fried rice...
WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE?!

deep frying it

youtu.be/yWB2DtVytuo
字幕をオンにしてください。
Please turn on subtitles.

Why is everything so cute

We can all agree that this is an abomination,
r-right guys?

Jesus fucking christ
Someone is actually contributing to a thread and sharing a recipe on /ck?
I thought this day would never come.

Gumbo man. Shit's so comfy. I make some gumbo-ish stew in my slow cooker with chicken thighs, beef broth, fish sauce, Cajun trinity, tomatoes, okra, a fuckload of chili powder, and a really dark roux that I serve over some basmati cooked in chicken broth. Never fails to put me in a food coma.

too bad user, Veeky Forums has finally seen the light

praise our new rice overlord

Goat biryani

I loved the shit out of this when I was a kid

I love it as long as the rice sticks together and doesn't have the cohesion of dry sand.

I love me some mjadara

Normally yes, but it's ok in omurice. Of course actual tomato is better.

Horchata is a cinnamom rice milk drink

mix a little bit of sweet and sour sauce into the fried rice. ;)

Rice with beef drippings.

I think I might actually try this.

Fuck Rice.

healthyeating.sfgate.com/nutrients-rice-vs-potatoes-2871.html

the trick is to use the ketchup properly as a condiment and not just mixing it all together

sounds fucking nice man. You must be from the deep south, in which case, I recommend Everglades Heat. perfect substitute for any kind of chili powder/paprika

Sort of. Grew up in Georgia and North Carolina, tried some Cajun stuff at restaurants and fell in love. I just can't get enough spicy food. Thanks for the tip user, I'll look into that stuff next time I'm at the grocery.

Persian rice with Moroccan chicken dates and stuffed grape leaves

baka at all these posts talking about muh rice with ketchup. Sounds fucking disgusting tbqhfam.
Disappointed that not one person mentioned the ultimate rice dish:
Lucknow Chicken Biryani.

Aw hell yeah, man.
Don't forget rice and gravy

seei dont really know much about south cackalacky food but with georgia and lousiana home food, you gotta try making rice with red kidney beans and gravy.
The gravy is the beautiful part as it is made with pig cooked in pig fat and put on simmer for hours. Just thinking about it has given me a food boner.

Lamb biryani

>Chicken
>Lamb

If it aint goat it ain't GOAT

you're right but I just can't get a lot of goat, living in Australia.
Shit's expensive desu

I've eaten at a few of these when I went to slant-eyed land

They're pretty badass but they get expensive if you keep piling on plates

高いですね。

90% of what I eat is rice, potatoes, and oats.

When it has red curry on it

rice

Rice with an egg mixed in, onion and garlic.
I so fucking simple yet I like way more than any other rice centered dish I've had for some reason.

Thats sounds interesting desu

I love sharing shit that works for me. My mom forced me to write my recipe down cause she can't do without it.

Another one I was forced to write down:

Spatchcock a chicken and...

Piri piri Chicken

2 tbsp McCormicks piri piri blend
3 tbsp Olive oil
1 tsp Herbes de Provence (thyme or Italian blend may work)
2 tbsp White wine vinegar
1 tsp Salt
4 Garlic Cloves minced/finely chopped

optional:

Liquid Macarico piri piri hot sauce to taste (approx. 2tsp)

mix well

Use Jacques Pepin recipe for application instructions and cooking.

This was served at a family get together 6 months ago. People kept pulling at it cause the chicken was cooked to 165 degrees and was super moist and flavourful. It was a hit from a small bird.

Spam and eggs. Filipino longnasia (?) Or tocino with egg. Gotta have it with some tomatoes in soy sAuce

Arsenic.

I live in central Asia, so my dad loves to cook vegetarian pilaf (because my dad is a vegetarian)
He says that he had learn the recipe from an old cook, who was his neighbour
I don't know the recipe, but he told me that i will know it "when the time will come"

>Gumbo
>"cajun"

Nope.

I want to know more
Pictures please?
Central Asian women are the most beautiful in the world

дpycaн кeбaп

>shitposting

Confirmed.

>3 cups of water for 2 cups of rice
oh shit nigger what are you doing? it's 1.25 cups of water per cup of rice. other than that it looks good, will be trying this later

Goats cheese risotto with balsamic asparagus and a poached egg. Double the amount and serve it later as arancini with a salad. GOAT. I make risotto once a week.

Rice with pretty much any meat (chicken is easiest) and some sauces/spices to taste.

I've never been to Hawaii, but I read about this being sold at McDonald's several years ago. It excited me because it was within my skill level and just about as cheap as it gets. Grocery prices hadn't went up yet. Eggs are like $4/dozen and a 12 ounce can of SPAM is almost $5 now. I still buy eggs, but I can get pork and chicken for just about the same price.

That's when it occurred to me that you could eat any food with any other food. I don't claim to be a smart man. Burgers and fries? Like, sure, that's "traditional" but you can have burgers and rice. The goal is largely to pair foods that go well together, and in that case, burgers and rice fucking sucks. But if your goal is just to eat more rice (which was mine), then just eat more rice. It might seem obvious to you, but to me it was a total game changer.

And as it turns out, if you fry minced onions, garlic, and chiles in a little oil, and then toss in some vegetables and cook until tender but crisp, a splash of soy sauce, bit of brown sugar, a little lime juice or vinegar, then you have a pretty awesome stir fry. For the meat, do a pork or chicken cutlet with panko breadcrumbs and deep fry it. Shrimp works too. Forget recipes, just do these techniques.

>burgers and rice fucking suck
aww hell no nigger
All you need is some good gravy
rice and hamburger steaks with gravy is a classic dish

Yeah, but I was talking about a cheeseburger.

Kedgeree. Cooked long grain rice tossed with onion sauteed in butter and garam masala, with hard cooked eggs and smoked fish. Haddock is traditional, but I used smoked Pacific cod instead. Delicious.

I really like Risotto I think it's the ultimate rice dish.
But I also really like fried rice, of all varieties.
Jamaican rice and beans are nice too. So is spanish rice.

Plain rice.

>Plain rice.
Forgot to specify, Japanese rice

I also like mochi ,fried rice with pork, egg, green Onion

Rice Burger, that one us quite nice

>Post your favorite catch phrases.
BEGGINER'S TRAP!