Why is this man incapable of writing anything good other than prologues and epilogues...

Why is this man incapable of writing anything good other than prologues and epilogues? Why is everything in between in his books always vastly inferior?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0DTePKA1wgc
youtube.com/watch?v=1Vdpd8A5sTg&t=273s.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because he's a pleb and wishes he was Donald Barthelme

this is the most wrong thing I have read on lit pertaining to literature in at least a week. Probably because you don't understand what's going on in the middle and need the fireworks of plot to impress you.

Pafko at the wall is the greatest thing he's ever written.

There was plenty of "plot" throughout Mao II but the prologue and epilogue--which had more or less zero plot--was still the best

White noise, was actually pretty solid all the way through.

I don't see what yoy mean.

because you're a dumb ass who needs to find a different hobby

Sage!

>because he's a pleb and wishes he was Donald Barthelme

They have completely different writing styles.

Bartlemay is a fucking hack. He places his emetic "style" before being communicative or even compelling. His handful of decent stories do not justify the mountains of murky diarrhea he asks us to sift through for the sake of absolutely no new insight or human perspective. To even mention him in the same breath as DeLillo who manages to be both technically interesting and culturally insightful is a joke. Fuck your mother.

You're right. Barthelme is actually good, Dedildo is a hack.

Delillo is as shallow as the parochial intellectuals he pretends to denounce.

lol

Damn user, did DeLillo conceive you on a hot New York night with floating neon Chinese restaurants signs and yelling Italian siblings and then desert your mother?

He sounds like a lithping limp dicked faggot, so it's more conceivable he conceived you.

Damn you sound so angry. What did DeLillo do to you?

They are both good.

Delillo is mediocre and will be forgotten sooner than Steinbeck.

I like him

And there's nothing wrong with that.

this is just wrong. even if you dislike him this is just so so wrong. how can you be so wrong?

Oh I get it OP is retarded.

DeLillo is a genius. Far from mediocre. great prose, incredible mind. A thinking writer, more than an emotional one, thus his old-age works suffer from a certain sentimentality. He lacks the edge that he had with Libra or Underworld. Of course nobody here will put the effort to give carefully constructed arguments as to why he's shit or not, but that's okay.

plus:
youtu.be/0DTePKA1wgc

Very relevant, very good. And it provided me with the perfect narrative voice for his novels. Probably just my personal autism but i fell in love with DeLolli's narrations of his own prose in this docu

that's not him narrating but great documentary. Here's a great video of him reading youtube.com/watch?v=1Vdpd8A5sTg&t=273s.
>That lunar part of us that dreams of wasted terrain.

How can you dislike this man?

holy fuck his writing is shallow and basic. glad I've never read him. sounds like the shit kids would produce in my highschool writers craft class.

what's the difference between shallow and basic in the context of your sentence?

basic vocabulary + shallow face value meaning

BEANER?

Okay, thanks.

>listens to 7 minutes of out of context prose
>holy fuck his writing is shallow and basic

Jesus Christ

>Writes books
>Complements them by plotting and executing terrorist attacks augmenting the experience of his writings

Delillo is by far the most commited writer in modern history.

He's angry that nothing he'll write will be nearly as good as Donnies work

>basic vocabulary
Pretentious faggot detected. I bet you go out your way to use esoteric language to confuse people into believing you're smarter than them.

Besides, a broad vocab isn't important, especially when the prose is evocative enough and consists of poetic textures, which, admittedly, is purely aesthetic, but it's not our fault you're a dumbass who doesn't know how to read.