Right wing intellectuals don't ex-

Right wing intellectuals don't ex-

>Gorsuch
>intellectual
Pick 0.

Isn't funny how liberals suddenly trust The Daily Mail once they publish an unsubstantiated story that attempts to discredit a conservative?

It's not real. It was a joke. He went to a JESUIT school surely that's enough of a giveaway.

I have no strong opinion of the man but it was clearly meant as a laugh.

'Liberal' here.

I imagine the younger Gorsuch meant the name to be provocative and quasi-ironic, to goad those he felt needed goading.

But anyway, I still don't want him on the Supreme Court.

>liberal

Why not?

Sure. In the same way it's funny that /pol/tards suddenly think it's not trustworthy when they publish anything that runs counter to them.

In that it is not funny at all, but there's something terribly sad and banal about that.

Because he's basically a Scalia clone, without any of the latter's snakey charm. A stuffed suit with a pocket calculator for a brain.

He's kinda handsome desu

He's not anywhere near the type of strict constructionist that Scalia was. Scalia literally had 18th century dictionaries around just so he could better understand what the founders meant by a particular word.

>Because he's basically a Scalia clone

I don't see how anyone can say that's a bad thing unless they prefer these activists judges who think they should be making law from the bench. If the constitution is a living document then it's as good as a blank one, and whoever is in power gets to write the laws.

the constitution is just poetry that I can interpret based on my feels

Scalia wasn't a constructionist. He was a textualist and an originalist, just like Gorsuch.

Denying the role of open-ended interpretation in handling, simultaneously, a network of legal documents, past decisions, and the facts of a given case, is not only bull-headedly stupid, but epistemologically incoherent.

>He was a textualist and an originalist, just like Gorsuch.

Why are these so often used interchangeably? They are different, albeit having some overlap. There are many originalists who are intentionality, which would infuriate many textualists.

Not saying that's what you're doing here, I just see a lot of people, even people who hold themselves out as legal scholars, conflating the two.

Holy shit, nice

Who said they don't?

>implginga

>gay fascist military leader
Is there literally a more patrician form of existence?

>gay
He had children, so even if he actually was 100% gay he did his service as a man.

>implying this fag didn't just use politics as a vehicle for his own exhibitionism and to satisfy his inherent japanese drive to kill himself

And to think he even fucked up the seppuku.

How did he fuck seppuku up? The only "fault" I see was the guy decapitating him failing, and then commiting seppuku himself, which is all in order because he dishonoured himself.

I won't deny him using his politics and worldview for his own goals though.

scalia was brilliant
textualism is the only viable strat for interpretation

>but muh authorial intent
>but muh ideology

Whatever you say, my dude.

Tough shit. My con law professor was bitching about it all day, but it didn't seem to change anything.

Trump might have 3 picks, if he hits 2 more homers like this then you lefties are going to get railed for the next 20 years.

Fuck yeah.

Erik von Kuehnelt-Leddihn, Roger Scruton, Edmund Burke, Thomas Sowell, P. J. O'Rourke, Mário Ferreira dos Santos, Ludwig von Mises, Michael Oakeshott, Willmoore Kendall, Eric Voegelin, Nikolai Berdyaev, Richard M. Weaver, George Grant, Vladimir Nabokov, Lew Rockwell, Alain Peyrefitte, Václav Havel, Alexis de Tocqueville, Vladimir Solovyov, Olavo de Carvalho, Roger Kimball, Xavier Zubiri, Eugen Rosenstock-Huessy, Constantin Noica, Lucian Blaga, T. S. Eliot, Ayn Rand, Franz Rosenzweig, William F. Buckley Jr., G. K. Chesterton, Malcolm Muggeridge, Louis Lavelle, H. L. Mencken, , Paul Johnson, Russell Kirk, Miguel Reale, René Girard, Mortimer J. Adler, Marshall McLuhan, C. S. Lewis, Bernard Lonergan, Frédéric Bastiat, Jorge Luis Borges, Hans-Hermann Hoppe, Orlando Figes, Gertrude Himmelfarb, Benedetto Croce, Viktor Frankl, Judith Reisman, Vilém Flusser, Hossein Nasr, George Santayana, Eugen von Böhm-Bawerk, Bertrand de Jouvenel, José Ortega y Gasset, Jesús Huerta de Soto, Andrzej Łobaczewski, Leo Strauss, Mircea Eliade, Joseph Campbell, Carl Jung, Carl Schmitt, Thomas Woods, Carl Menger, Jean-Baptiste Say, Nicolás Gómez Dávila, David Horowitz, Murray Rothbard, Peter Hitchens, Henry Hazlitt, Vladimir Bukovsky, René Guénon, Frithjof Schuon, Friedrich Hayek, Mario Vargas Llosa, Vladimir Tismăneanu, Irving Babbitt, Charles E. Lindblom, Irving Kristol, Daniel Bell, Robert Michels, Mikhail Sholokhov, Gaetano Mosca, David Hume, Adam Smith, José Guilherme Merquior, Isaiah Berlin, Arnold Toynbee, Johan Huizinga, Christopher Dawson, Modris Ekstein, John Lukacs, Jacques Barzun, Niall Ferguson, Bernard Lewis, David Stove, Theodore Dalrymple, Leopold von Ranke, François de Chateaubriand, Robert Nisbet, John Henry Newman, Werner Sombart, F. W. Maitland, Raymond Aron, Karl Popper, Julien Benda, Leszek Kołakowski, Alexander Solzhenítsyn, Arthur Koestler, Joseph de Maistre, Rivarol, Pat Buchanan, Samuel P. Huntington, Konstantin Leontiev, Vilfredo Pareto, Edmund Husserl, Hans-Georg Gadamer, Martin Heidegger, Giuliano Gentile, Willard Van Orman Quine, François Mauriac, Robert Brasillach, Pierre Drieu La Rochelle, François Furet, Czesław Miłosz, Hillaire Belloc, Henri Massis, Ivan Ilyin, Edgar Julius Jung, Juan Vázquez de Mella, Juan Donoso Cortés, Masahiro Morioka, Ananda Coomaraswamy, Jacob Burckhardt, Christopher Lasch, Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange, Richard Pipes, Hans Trevor Roper, Petre Țuțea, Paul Gottfried, T. E. Hulme, Ernst Jünger, John Kekes, Arnold Lunn, Alasdair MacIntyre, Gabriel Marcel, Julio Meinvielle, E. F. Schumacher, Igor Shafarevich, Karl Ludwig von Haller, Evelyn Waugh, Thomas Fleming, Karl Jaspers, Jean-François Revel, Philip Rieff, Oswald Spengler, Gustav Le Bon, Peter Kreeft, Alain de Benoist, Víctor Pradera, Francisco Elías de Tejada y Spínola, Jaime Guzmán...

no. he hit the apex we all should strive for.

go on

Literally fucking whom?

>Nabakov
>Mises
>T.S. Eliot
>Ayn Rand
>C.S. Lewis
>Alexis de Tocqueville
>Burke
>Borges
>Adam Smith
>Rothbard
>Peter Hitchens
>Carl Jung
>Hayek
Lots of recognizable names on that lost

list*

Some of those are among the greatest intellectuals of all time...

Burke, Eliot, Barzun, Solzhnitsyn, Llosa, Koestler, Huizinga, Berlin, Newman...

Ezra Pound is not even mentioned!