Goulash, beef stew, lamb vindaloo...

Goulash, beef stew, lamb vindaloo, pot roast that's been cooked long enough that the meat falls apart and melts in your mouth.

Why are red meat-based, saucy preparations like these the best food on this Earth?

Other urls found in this thread:

chowhound.com/recipes/easy-beef-stew-30301
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm the only one? Okay. More for me.

Well there's not much to talk about really. No one's gonna disagree with you much.

Do you have a favorite goulash recipe?

Wow that looks and sounds amazing. I had the school cafeteria version and it's like spaghetti with macaronis.

I've always preferred braised dishes like those more than things like steak. Rich sauce flavored by everything in it, soft fat soaked into root vegetables and put onto crusty bread, hearty and nutritious. Best food.

Its comfy

>better than steak
this this this

I've been learning to cook with the climate. I live in the deep south so stews and the like are best in Dec-Feb when the weather is cooler outside. We have spring-summer 9 months out of the year though. Grilling and cookouts are great but a hot and hearty stew is a great change up.

>rich, hearty beef stew with red potatos on a cold day

Pure bliss

>lamb vindaloo
RECIPE PLEASE

Also as a bachelor and a drunk I do a lot of batch cooking of hearty meals that I can just reheat without burning the house down, cooking a massive cottage pie tomorrow sans the mash, which I do on the night I eat it.

My secret ingredient for hearty red meat stuff? ANCHOVIES. Fuck adding salt when you can add these bad boys and the genius of slow cooking they melt into your dish.

He used a razor blade to cut the anchovies so thin, they melted in the stew.

borsh is really hearty, semisweet cheapo root veggies and cabbage. With beef for warmer days, with pork for colder ones, with eggs and cold served for summer. Hot varieties are 10/10 if you are a stinky raw garlic lover. And as any cabbage dish it could be refrigerated and reheated for days.

I love turnip, carrot and potato beef stew.
I love homemade gumbo.
One of my favorite things ever is canned tomato soup with a well made grilled cheese.

got any recipes?

My only problem with these meals is that they're best when it's cold out and it's almost never cold where I am. This is one of my favorites, though. I once made it with lamb necks, and though pulling off the meat was a chore, it was fantastic.

chowhound.com/recipes/easy-beef-stew-30301

I envy northerners for being able to eat this shit most of the year, I start overheating like crazy if I make curry/stew in Florida

I'd eat it all the time if I could

First time I had grilled cheese and tomato soup was in a mental hospital. It was soo good. I really like it but at home I cant make it since my mom is always in the kitchen but someday I hope to have it again.

>Mental hospital
Care to elaborate?
I made beef stew with carrots, turnips, potatoes and it was seasoned with beer. I wish I had a picture. Gawd it was delicious. We ate it every day until it was gone.

just go crazy again - instant soop for you

Like this?

Boeuf stroganoff is my favorite dish.

Not soupy enough

It's got homemade brown gravy. Meat was tender and moist too.