Veeky Forums told me not to put salt in pasta water

>Veeky Forums told me not to put salt in pasta water
>Veeky Forums told me not to put oil in pasta water

have you retards even been right about anything?

this has never happened you tendon rotten liar of a greasy fat fuck

>pasta professional
>uses cheap barilla "pasta"

how fucking new are you? literally everything everyone ever talks about in pasta threads is how you never put oil and/or salt into the water before cooking it.

>EXPOSED BY A MICHELIN STAR CHEF, *RETARDS*

>>Veeky Forums told me not to put oil in pasta water
Thats right, its just be floating at top

to stop the water from foaming up

>>EXPOSED BY A MICHELIN STAR CHEF, *RETARDS*
I am a chef who worked in Michelin stared restaurants and i put salt in pasta water... and every cook I know for so

exactly. everyone who knows what he's doing does this. Veeky Forums is full of neckbearded retards who know nothing about cooking.

thank you, my friend. my chef.

Except it doesn't actually do that.

levels of BTFO in this thread are off the chart. Veeky Forums on suicide watch.

>how fucking new are you? literally everything everyone ever talks about in pasta threads is how you never put oil and/or salt into the water before cooking it.
I've seen people saying not to use oil, but never seen anyone say you shouldn't use salt outside of obvious jokes Stop making shit up for the sake of an argument, faggot. Also, you don't need to add oil to pasta water. It does nothing. If you're not going to be saucing your pasta right away, toss it with some olive oil after you strain it.

>I am a chef who worked in Michelin stared restaurants
Can you please tell me what did your average day look like while working in one? I am considering applying for a job like that and i want to know what i will be up against.

yes it does

Everyone above this post has been trolled.

I win!

7.30-8.00 breakfast for the employees
starting at 8.00 for mise en place till 12.00
from 12.00 till 14.30 restaurant open for lunch (around 25-30 guests)
14.30-15.00 lunch for the employees
15.00-17.00 break
17.00-18.00 mise en place for the evening
18.00-24.00 (01.00) restaurant open for dinner ( 30-35 px)
5 days a week
restaurant had 35 seats, 5 cooks, 1 dishwasher, 2 waiters 1 maitre
7 course menu around 125€ (without wine pairing)
main dishes around 35-45€

So basically 16 hours a day?

14h/day
if you are good and don't have to work during your break or start earlier...
and 9.00 are payed...

Did it piss you off to know that the servers got payed more money (after tips) for less work?

well it is a michelin star restaurant so they probably did not

>after tips
tips were shared between every body in the staff

here in europe waiters get an decent salary

> less hard job

would say that, they make more hours then we,
and you can't compare a well trained educated perfect waiter in a Michelin stared restaurant with a student who do this as job.. In europe 'waiter' is a qualificated Job, you had to pass a certificate for...

>Europe
For some strange reason, I suddenly no longer care about anything you have to say.

did you ever think of going to dubai or whatever the fuck arab shithole with rich oil people?

i know a guy who worked as a sous chef in michelin star restaurant and he was showered with offers to go there all the fucking time. 6 working days a week, ~15k euros a month. living expenses and accommodation covered.

i'd snap it in a heartbeat.

>i know a guy who worked as a sous chef in michelin star restaurant and he was showered with offers to go there all the fucking time. 6 working days a week, ~15k euros a month. living expenses and accommodation covered.
sure.. I heard about thus kind of offers too (and had some too)
but.. No drugs, no alkohol, no womans in a shithole dictatorship land, with a rich guy who think he 'own' you? No thanks ...

usa I suppose..

No worries we don't care about you anymore too... hope your country survive the next 3 1/2 years...

I'm sure you guys will be fine. You'll be able to hold off the mongrel hordes of brown invaders on your own, right?

>but.. No drugs, no alkohol, no womans in a shithole dictatorship land, with a rich guy who think he 'own' you? No thanks ...
i don't give a fuck mate, money is insane. to be honest, i'd love to land a deal where i'd go and work 3-6 months there and spent the rest of the time at home.

I too chef at Wendy's.

If you don't put oil in the water then how will the pasta even fry properly?

just put a wooden spoon on top of the pot, it will foam up but not boil over

This user gets it

I get acid reflux if I eat salty pasta and I never (hardly ever) eat oil at home. And never white pasta.

Tips from Veeky Forums are like the message system in Dark Souls. Most of them are either jokes or outright malicious lies.

Or you could just turn the heat down a little.

You're meant to use Knorr stock pots instead of salt. It gives the pasta more flavour.

sounds like superstitious Chinese whisper nonsense

That's for the best really. Stick to McDonnalds, you fucking fat vermin.

It's you cunts that stirred them up by poking your nose in uninvited.

It's true.
hansolo.jpg

Nobody has said that, ever.
Well yeah, that would be retarded.

>>Veeky Forums told me not to put salt in pasta water
>Nobody has said that, ever.

I've seen it posted here and elsewhere on line. Usually it's some nerd who misunderstands and thinks the goal of the salt is to change the boiling point of the water. They then go on to explain how it doesn't make an appreciable difference. And they're right about that.

But they are totally missing the point, which is flavor, not boiling temperature.

So let's see what's wrong with this webm.

1. Gluten
2. Lactose

Now that the obvious is gone let's go in the details :

Barilla, which is the #1 carcinogenic pasta brand, with pasta stocked in shitty recycled, full of mineral oil, boxes which leech in the pasta.

Use your own critical thinking and experimentation, otherwise you'll never become a good cook. Veeky Forums is not a cookbook for you to follow religiously.

Salt in pasta water will salt the pasta, but it's a myth that it makes the water boil faster.

>bragging about spending half a trillion on "defence"
You mutts really will never understand why everyone else makes fun of you

This. I've been here for years and never seen anyone seriously suggest not to salt pasta water.

So how much salt does the pasta end up absorbing? When the guildelines recommend 1500-2300mg of sodium a day putting a whole handful of salt into your pasta water is a bit worrisome.

salt raises the boiling point......it takes longer to boil

it also lowers the melting point - hence salt melts ice

Depends on the shape of pasta, how long you cooked it, and how much pasta you put in the water.

But you can taste the water afterward and it still tastes salty so clearly it's only some of it that goes into the pasta.

>his has never happened you tendon rotten liar of a greasy fat fuck

you can't make pasta any fucking better.

oiling the water is a meme

salting the water seasons the pasta so you should always do it

you're a fucking simpleton

Are you retarded? You can simply achieve the same temperature without boiling, it's literally the same thing.

we are pulling out of nato and you europeans will have to choose between having ANY healthcare system at all, or being conquered by russia and the niggers you import.

meanwhile, america continues to control the petrodollar with no end in sight and increasingly successful geopolitical imperalism.

lmfao get wrecked you fucking euro faggots. you're going to a LIVING FUCKING HELL and i think it's funny as fuck.

>US is leader of the free world
>pulls out of the Paris Climate Accord joining Nicaraugua and Syria.
>not even one other country followed suit
>world leader

Trumps made USA quit being leader of the free world.

it changes the surface tension of the water, so yes it does

Soap changes surface tension and makes oil eyes go flat.
I don't think adding soap to your water will make any good to the pasta or bubbling.

Bullshit
Yeah don't do that

This is bait right?

I don't put salt in my pasta water because I usually cover it with a salty cheese after cooking, but that's just my preference. If you aren't using as much cheese as I like, then you should salt the water to season the inside of the pasta.

Putting oil is just a waste though. If you have trouble with the pasta sticking, you need to keep stirring it until the pasta has a coating of cooked starch and it won't stick together anymore. If you have trouble with it boiling over, the pot is too small or the heat is too high. You don't need to keep the burner on the highest setting while it's boiling, just high enough to keep the water bubbling.

I've been making pasta for over 15 years so trust me. I wouldn't lie to you. I want you to be a good cook and have tasty food because it's enjoyable and can make you feel good.

>payed
>talking to the amerilard about tips like you actually need them to survive
>payed

Jesus fucking Christ there are so many autistic retards in this thread. I'm not American either which means you can't accuse me of being autistic because I have no hfcs in my blood

i bet they told you to use Standard tablespoon instead of Imperial

You shouldn't call someone an autistic retard. They just spelled a word incorrectly, it's not that big of a deal.

So you need waiter licenses in addition to your TV licenses in europe? What else do you need licenses for over there?

italian here, put salt, not oil

Italian here, put oil not salt.

>Be American
>Spend half a trillion defendind my marvelous freedom from communist invaders and dirty muslims
>Get shot at the grocery store.

italian here, put oil, then salt, then remove oil

italian here,mama mia.

italian here, wa-hoo, it's-a me Mario! Let's-a go!

Only retards spell words incorrectly twice

>Not putting salt in pasta water
How uncultured are you people? It makes it taste so much better and you don't even have to try.

>Paris Climate Accord
Kek, yea. I love giving away my tax dollars to niggers in africa.