WHERES the sticky for me to start to learn on how to cook?

WHERES the sticky for me to start to learn on how to cook?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=learning to cook
ck.booru.org/
amazon.com/Food-Lab-Cooking-Through-Science/dp/0393081087/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497649485&sr=8-1&keywords=cooking science
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

lmgtfy.com/?q=learning to cook

In the library. It's called a cookbook.

You guys are jerks

Well, there's always the booru.

ck.booru.org/

Check it bro, I found you stick.....OH WAIT.

You're a moron.

The mods won't give us one because they hate us and want us to have the same "how do I make instant ramen better?" and "what's an easy recipe to start learning to cook with?" threads twice a week.

OK, try, just try to write a sticky proposal and post it as a thread topic. It will be torn to shreds like a cow falling into piranha infested waters in Brazil. Will probably hit 300 posts in 2 days.

There is no sticky when it comes to cooking. Just start cooking and learn, that's all you can do. That and go to culinary school.

buy chicken
cook chicken
did it come out well?
it came out well
congrats you can cook
it didnt come out well
repeat

My first suggestion is to go buy some eggs and learn to love them in all ways.

this board needs a sticky.

also, many posters really care about EATING food, not COOKING. they're fags.

try this book. the writer is a fag, but the information is okay.

amazon.com/Food-Lab-Cooking-Through-Science/dp/0393081087/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497649485&sr=8-1&keywords=cooking science

i will now post infographics.

Fuck, I might try just for the laughs.

there isn't a sticky because cooking isn't one size fits all, retards.

what?

is /mu/ one size fits all? what board is?

Lmao cause everything else is, cooking is more objective than fashion yet Veeky Forums has a sticky retard

Do it. I've thought of doing one where I just describe the basic techniques that apply to most cultures like sauteing, braising, frying, stewing, steaming, boiling, grilling, etc. It'd be fun in a sort of masochistic sense to do one because the attacks would force you to really use your combat wiles to escape unscathed. I may start working on a proposal this weekend too.

cooking is part science part art. At least have a sticky for the science part.

this isn't reddit, don't frequent boards for hobbies you don't know anything about and you won't have to worry about what gets a sticky

The only time cooking is ever "hard" is when you have multiple entrees or components going at once
The actual cooking isn't hard, it's organizing and maintaining time properly

But it is though
Art has history and so do dishes and that's why people argue about recipes
And it's science because, everything is science anyways
Except it's not really science science as you don't know why, you just do it

Pan.
Nice and hot.

www.google.com

Like I give a shit about what other boards do. I don't go to /mu/ or Veeky Forums and tell them what to do with their board.

Something that's good and tasty for you won't always be good for someone else and shit is so fucking simple that if you can't follow recipes you shouldn't be cooking. Threads about individual foods and recipes are easier for people to offer their opinions on each dish rather than distilling shit down to "dur go read the sticky". What would you put in it? There is a MASSIVE amount of dishes that can be prepared in a massive amount of ways. You could write a fuckload on just simple egg dishes alone.

And if you think everyone on Veeky Forums would even remotely agree on things like utensils, pots and pans, tools, and techniques, you're an idiot or you haven't been posting here long.

Here's your sticky:

>find a cookbook
>follow a recipe for a dish you're interested in or you typically like
>season and change recipe to taste

okay, so you don't think Veeky Forums should have a sticky because cooking is simply a matter of following directions and nobody would agree on tools anyway.

are you saying your soft boiled eggs come out perfectly every time? are you saying everyone who's interested in cooking knows how to season a pan? are you saying everyone who's interested in cooking know the difference between good pots and pans and overpriced bullshit? these aren't rhetorical questions. they're examples of what MIGHT be in a sticky.

this board isn't about fitness, but Veeky Forums has a sticky that explains principles of how your body works. i don't think it's unreasonable to have something that explains cooking meat with the stove blazing makers you meat tougher than if you cook it slowly. it's common sense to me, but it might not be to others. or what about what internal temperature is safe for beef/chicken? does the average visitor know the difference between koshering salt and table salt?

to be fair, it's easy to sit here and fantasize about what a sticky might look like, but to absolutely dismiss the idea out of hand seems sloppy. and i'd have to sit and think a lot about what newfags would need to know. the questions i asked above are for an imaginary person. it's not like we have statistics on this shit. this board doesn't seem to have frequently asked questions. but it would've been nice if i knew some basic cooking skills a long time ago.

Maybe those people should learn how to use google.

can't you say the same for any board? can't you say the same thing for any sentence that ends in a question mark?

>it's easy to sit here and fantasize about what a sticky might look like

Fine, you insufferable faggot, post a proposition for a sticky then instead of bitching. Then, buckle your seatbelt.

can i quote you if it gets stickied?

>duuurrr how do I cook???

go back to Veeky Forums you simpleton

t.

Yeah, include me in the screen cap, faggot.

>read cooking manga
>hey that looks easy, I'll make that
>make it
>it's fucking delicious

I use the falafel recipe from there. Has anyone tried pic related? It was the second most recent post there.

fashion isn't one size fits all, and they have a sticky

maybe you should fall on your head

>cost per edible cup for fruits and veggies

>cost per 100 calories for everything else

Why??

Many fruits and vegetables are low in caloric content but high in low-density fiber. They fill you up because they take a lot of space in their stomach even if they don't give you much energy.

The best way to start is just to have at it and give it a try. Find a recipe you like and try and make it, then learn from your mistakes. You could also start with a curry where you can adjust the flavor as you make it and learn what the various spices taste like. Start with a small amount of each spice and work up.

Somebody make a thread and cook this right now, I need to know if it's good

Are you an orphan OP?

Retards.

This is the dumbest post I've seen in a while. You made my head hurt, and I go to Caltech.

p-please can we get a sticky to tell us how to fry an egg...?

t. redditor

Eggplant.

REPEAT WITH LESSONS LEARNED

no one fucking asked where you go to school, you fucking faggot. kill yourself, quickly

are you calling me an eggplant or asking for instructions on how to cook one?

Don't reply to me, you X State mongoloid.