What is the greatest mathematical result of the 20th century

in your opinion?

For me it was that analysts were finally able to prove the lower bound [math] 1 + 1 \geq 2 [/math]

either weil conjectures or taniyami-shimura

For me it was the important jasmine suse conjecture because of its philosophical implications and also kicking off the entire field of jasmine theory.

probably the incompleteness theorems if were being objective here

illegal primes

LEGALIZE MATHS

>You're in the club and this guy slaps your girl's ass

>Putting two apples on a table creates the potentiality of more apple

The Banach-Tarski paradox because it clearly shows who is a total brainlet cuck and who understands intuitive results.

Probably not the most prolific, but I believe that the most impactful is Shannon.

This. The rest isn't close. It also puts Gödel on the shortlist for greatest 20th century mathematician.

The nature of the statements is so impactful upon both math and philosophy and inquiry in general, that it is childish for a detractor to refute the above along the lines of "it's not math (it is); he wasn't a mathematician (he was, he proved theorems by pushing symbols around on the paper).

>topologically blocks your path

>The Banach-Tarski paradox

Call me a total brainlet cuck and shove those intuitive results far back up your ass.

That shit makes no sense

/thread

Any other result doesn't even come close.

Godel also made the greatest advancement in logic since Aristotle with those theorems as well

and then the theorem turned out to be mostly irrelevant so mathematicians stopped caring about mathematical logic

Not pure math but Schrödinger equation has to be up there.

>nice elliptic curves babe, wanna see mine?

how is it irrelevant

Topos and incompleteness theorem

Harvey Friedman disagrees

definitely the incompleteness theorem

You know it's true.

Falta el liquido verde