Feynman had a verified IQ of 125. Despite his low IQ he did amazing things

>Feynman has a verified IQ of 125
>Feynman couldn't get into MENSA (IQ too low)
>Feynman did amazing work in physics despite his low IQ
>Most people here on Veeky Forums are verified smarter than Feynman

Why aren't most people on Veeky Forums doing great things in math & physics despite being smarter than Feynman?

Feynman is PROOF you can have a low IQ and do amazing work.

Other urls found in this thread:

nbcnews.com/id/12063178/ns/health-childrens_health/t/brains-very-smart-kids-mature-later/
npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5310107
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because we're on Veeky Forums shitposting.

Feynman could have been here if the internet was around then, shitposting with us.

But Feynman had a low IQ and was successful. People on Veeky Forums are smarter than Feynman and not successful. Feynman messed around in his life too and still found such success. Don't think posting on Veeky Forums and wasting time is the sole factor.

"I suspect that this test emphasized verbal, as opposed to mathematical, ability. Feynman received the highest score in the United States by a large margin on the notoriously difficult Putnam mathematics competition exam... He also had the highest scores on record on the math/physics graduate admission exams at Princeton... Feynman's cognitive abilities might have been a bit lopsided... I recall looking at excerpts from a notebook Feynman kept while an undergraduate... [it] contained a number of misspellings and grammatical errors. I doubt Feynman cared very much about such things."

- wikipedia.

It is possible he wan't serious about an IQ test and just skipped many questions. When I was at school I remember getting bored after like 3 minutes and started putting random answers(I was a child and didn't even know about IQ). If someone made me take an IQ test again right now I woldn't be trying to do my best, it's really boring and has no impact(I mean I won't get any reward for scoring high)

>People on Veeky Forums are smarter than Feynman
actually believing this

The other factor is the people visiting here. They typically are underachievers and self loathing. They aren't successful because they haven't applied themselves.
Feynman did whilst also drinking and sexing his way through problems.

IQ test weigh verbal + quantitive. If he scored high on the quantitive part but low on the verbal part then the overall IQ of 125 is accurate.

Feynman wasn't smart enough to get into MENSA. Remember that.

"Years later he declined to join Mensa International, saying that his IQ was too low."

- wikipedia.

Apparently, he was offered a place...

Honorary place user.

His IQ is literally lower than most people on Veeky Forums. Stop trying to make him out to be smart. He should be seen as a success story for what low IQ people can achieve.

i read somewhere that the celing for that test was 135.
or something like that.

Tbh, we dont know the iq of alot of famous mathematicians. Julia Robinson had a sub 100 iq.

Making excuses.

More evidence you can be low IQ like Feynman & do great things. This is very inspiring for low IQ people

Yup, ceiling effects.

His math performance at college alone predicts a quantitative IQ well above 170, so a normal, non-school IQ test would have pegged his composite IQ at about the average for his field: 155.

No. 125 is accurate. If you do well in one subsection but not the other then your overall iq goes down. That's how iq test work.

Can we put this in the Facebook I love science post? This is truly inspiring that an IQ so low can do so much in physics

he wouldn't be able to do what he did if he wasn't smart... he got amazing scores on math tests. that should be evidence enough. plus what IQ test was he going on when he said he was too low? the one he did in high school? even so, being in mensa doesn't automatically mean you are going to be a brilliant intellectual. i've seen on videos loads of people who are apparently in mensa who are just bums (not literally, colloquially).

but they are not are they? desu most people are at their mathematical height during what is our Veeky Forums Veeky Forums years. it will do no good.

His verbal IQ would have to be in the gutter to have an IQ that low. The man wrote a classic book. I don't think so.

IQ test don't lie. Feynman was barely above average. This is extremely encouraging to average people of average intellect

Feynman wasn't much smarter than you're average college graduate

Feynman wasn't much smarter than you're average high school student

Feynman wasn't much smarter than you're average high school teacher

Feynman wasn't much smarter than you're average med school student

Feynman wasn't much smarter than you're average high school gym instructor

Feynman wasn't much smarter than you're average physics student

Feynman wasn't much smarter than you're average pure math student

Feynman wasn't much smarter than you're average school high teacher

Feynman wasn't much smarter than you're average Veeky Forums shitposter

No more. This one brought tears to my eyes

>125 IQ
>despite his low IQ

Are you a girl?

Feynman wasn't you're much smarter thanhigh teacher

probably because the average IQ on this board is around 135(thanks to online iq tests)

Veeky Forums isn't the fucking mensa clubhouse so i find that very hard to believe.

You're afraid of being proved low IQ or at least lower IQ than you thought.

although there are at least a few anons who really seem to know their stuff.

and a real iq of 125 isn't that low...

If more africans are born your IQ goes up.

>n Veeky Forums doing great things in math & physics despite being smarter than Feynman?
>Feynman is PROOF you can have a low IQ and do amazing work

Or perhaps the more likely explanation is that RIchard Feynman took a bum or non-representative test.

If 3% of the population who have 125 IQ or higher were at least as intelligent as richard feynman then we would have far more physicists of his character and far more smart people in general.

The OP and anyone who did not instantly realise why the OP was wrong is such an idiot

So do I. But if you read this board you'll find people here to claim their IQ is 130-150.
>thanks to online iq tests
Means that some(= most) may pass shitty online test and believe in their surerior iq/mind

not a comforting thought desu

> implying iq is not im the wrong

His verbal score was very low.
But this math score was very high.

150 is the current brainlet cutoff

>tfw to smart for IQ tests

Who gives a fuck about who's smarter than whom ?

This is litterally "My dad can beat your dad" : Veeky Forums edition.

>Feynman had a verified IQ of 125
No he didn't. It was a shit self-administered test.

>Despite his low IQ he did amazing things
Nice try brainlet.

Anyone who thinks feynman actually has a 125IQ is a brainlet who still wants hope. It's fairly self-evident that he was intentionally obtuse when answering like he always does.

Feynman realized there are better things 2 do then jerk off over digits.

how's that relevant with Feynman? Asimov's another brainlet who could only write boring novels.

None of you fucking mongs maybe just MAYBE realizing IQ might not be the most accurate measure of intelligence, and that MAYBE it's just an easy way out to map into R stuff that really can't. I'm so fucking fed up with the autism on this board

t. diagnosed with an IQ of 135 when I was 8

Yeah its pretty ridiculous here. You can't go one thread without someone mentioning IQ

Given your enormous IQ I'm assuming you're taking the [math]\mathfrak{BAIT}[/math] ironically. It might be autism though. Or maybe you've been here too long and now you're barely on Feynman-levels in term of the Intelligence quotient.

Just because you have a fast computer doesn't mean you'll get more done.

damn...

They forgot to test Feynman's other cores

>125
>low

Uh huh.

see the thing is iq isn't static feynman had his iq increased over time due to his passion, hardworking, practice, and studying, something that most people in this website lack

lemme tell ya that most people here are insecure about their intelligence so people here take online iq tests numerous time till they get the right digit so they could pat themselves in the back and inflate their ego while achieving damn nothing.

There are actually studies that show high IQ individuals reach their high IQ potential/developer into their full IQ later than lower IQ people.

nbcnews.com/id/12063178/ns/health-childrens_health/t/brains-very-smart-kids-mature-later/

npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5310107

Some science/math oriented people regard IQ the exact same way "normies" regard penis size.

That said, I do think there are people insecure about their intellect that use Feynman to make it seem that even not so intelligent people can amount to something too.

He had a low IQ. He inspires many people. Look what he did with his low IQ.

>Because we're on Veeky Forums shitposting
>underachievers
You guys should stop with this underachievers meme.

Solving "problems" from an IQ test and solving problems in physics, mathematics or the real world might be similar in some aspect but they are on entirely different scales of thinking.

Succeeding in the former doesn't imply succeeding in the latter. People who "achieve things" (e.g IMO or Putnam top scorers - like Feynman) are people who succeed in the latter. High IQ underachievers, like men who are proud of playing with toy-soldiers and winning battles, they look at men who go to war and ask questions similar to OP's.

Feynman's IQ is low tho. He just worked really hard to achieve what he did in physics. Not cause he was smart.

Please let this be a bait. Every person who worked with Feynmann said he was very intelligent and could see things other couldn't

I highly doubt Feynman's iq was 125 you fucking retards. He got "the highest score in the country by a large margin on the notoriously difficult Putnam mathematics competition exam, although he joined the MIT team on short notice and did not prepare for the test. He also reportedly had the highest scores on record on the math/physics graduate admission exams at Princeton." It is very clear Feynman was a genius. There is no doubt there, which can only mean either iq itself is wholly flawed, his test was just garbage relative to other iq tests, or it was a fluke

His IQ test says 125. Respectable but not genius. he wasn't that smart.

isn't that essentially smart?

LMAOO YEAH OK, BELIEVE THAT IF YOU WANT

see: feynman was unequivocally a genius. there is no disputing it. he didn't just "work hard", as if anyone could do what he did

That's what brainlets say when their IQ scores don't match how smart they actually think they are. His score wasn't even high enough to get admitted to MENSA.

Gosh... it's almost as of the ruler by which you mongoloids messure yourself isn't valid for measuring intelligence!

Feynman killed philosophy in physics. Now we only have mathemathical models; we know that something happens and it is predictable but we have no idea WHY it happens.

Modern physics is just crashing particles in huge speeds and see what happens.

OP here. It is bait. Hopefully it brought to light how ridiculous IQ is. I will not longer be baiting in thread. If anyone else responds below this comment with similar such comment then it isn't me baiting. I think Veeky Forums should be cleaned up of such IQ related threads. It is extremely clear Feynman was a genius and his IQ scores don't begin to reveal the intelligence of his great mind.

Do you describe yourself as lazy but smart, by any chance? Possibly even a MENSA member?

No one cares what IQ you test at. Results matter.

Feynman is a certified badass
True alpha male.

>125
>lower than most people on Veeky Forums.
No.

No one on Veeky Forums has an IQ over 70.

High IQ =/= scientific advancement. Once you're formally studied on a subject the likelihood that you'll make and advancement in it is purely up to the amount of effort and luck.

The probability distribution for receiving a Nobel prize for people with an IQ above 120 matches the distribution of IQ's in the population above 120 IQ. Basically if you have an above 120 IQ you have the same chance of getting a Nobel prize as someone with an IQ of 160

I would imagine Feynman's low IQ score came from slowness.

The speed at which you answer is part of how your IQ score is calculated. Even if you got every question correct, but answered very slowly, you IQ would be low.

I would imagine Feynman to be a slower, contemplative type who wanted to be sure about his answers, and this probably affected his IQ score.

docking you off being a deep thinker is a flaw in IQ exams

what the fuck is this cancerous bait...

Do you really think this means anything?

If anything it proves higher IQ [math]\neq[/math] smarter.

>effort and luck
LMAO, why do brainlets keep saying saying this? Feynman legit received the highest score in the country by a large margin on the notoriously difficult Putnam mathematics competition exam, although he joined the MIT team on short notice and did not prepare for the test. He also reportedly had the highest scores on record on the math/physics graduate admission exams at Princeton.

Explain the "luck", brainlet. Explain the "effort". Feynman was a genius, and that explains his achievements entirely.

Who the frack told you that 125 was a low IQ?
And most of all, IQ by any test, is just an evaluation based on cultural memes. IQ don't mean shit. Results matter. Feynman did more that all this posting bs leads to. Met the man, a
true genius.

>125
>low IQ

Most people on these board have an double-digit IQ

>jerk off over digits
Nice trips!
Checkem

cos like trump said they aint got the stamina

Where did you meet him and how?

if you dont use your iq to its fullest potential then you're just autistic

its all about what you can actually do, not how fast you can compute numbers in your head on command

What's the IQ you would get if you just answer randomly every single item?

Let's say Feynman did, indeed, have a lower "IQ" than most of the people on this board.

He was still smarter than any of us, at least in practical terms.

It is a very big flaw which usually goes unnoticed.

125 isn't low

>trust me. i am OP

Feynman's "work" sure looks like it could've come from a 125 IQ.
He's like the first lizard to discover gravity. Get your 7 IQ points onto land early enough and anything you can do with them will be groundbreaking.

Agreed. Why does speed matter in IQ exams? This is a huge flaw for highly intelligent people that are thorough/perfectionist.