Yo Veeky Forums, I have a book coming out next year, ask me questions about getting published

Yo Veeky Forums, I have a book coming out next year, ask me questions about getting published.

Why did you do it?

Because I don't have the social skills to ever have a real job.

Is it a good substitute for a real job?

How much did you make ?

No not really, my mentor loves talking about how there are less than 40 authors in the world who can subsist purely off the income from their work.

I got an advance from the publisher, of which I have received a percentage of and will get the rest upon submitting the edited novel. It amounts to a few thousand dollars so far.

Who is your mentor/how did you meet them? What is that relationship like? Or are you using the term loosely

A professor who helped me work on my writing during college and connected me to the agent who I am working with now, I don't want to name drop but he is a well known novelist.

Is it DFW?

How can you live off a few thousand dollars?

why is koolhaas under activist? and how is eisenman intuitive?

Yes

You don't its just a portion of the advance, once the book comes out you get a full advance which you earn off by selling copies, once you earn out then you just make straight royalty profit on every sale.

How many dicks did you have to suck dry counting only those that came after you started with your soon to be published book, though not only counting those that you had to suck dry to get published but also those that you had to suck dry to get enough money to live and buy alcohol/drugs from?

Mind giving us a brief rundown on your book?

How long(or how many works) did you write before this book?

None, I went to college and deferred my dick sucking. I am going to graduate school now and will continue to defer it as long as possible.

It's a story that takes place over the course of a year, the narrative is fractured between 20 or so characters and it centers on music, time telling, and cities. It's basically The Recognitions but worse.

I only wrote shorter form work before this but I have been writing daily since high school.

I know how advances work, I asked because you said publication was your alternative to having a real job.

Oh sorry, I meant that this is what I want to do for a living after I get out of school. I can't live off a few thousand dollars and will either have to hit it big with this novel or figure something else out (moving back in with my parents, teaching english, copy editing, etc.)

Do you have a single fact to back that up? Why the fuck should I trust you? Give us a book title or eat a penis

Good luck!

Did you enjoy it?

I'll come back and slowly start memeing my book here when it comes out.

Thanks user, I will need it.

How do git gud? Honestly, I just started writing and it feels trite, bland and disorganized.