Is there a way to make cheap chinese food at home but HEALTHIER and LOW calorie but tastes the exact same...

is there a way to make cheap chinese food at home but HEALTHIER and LOW calorie but tastes the exact same? i cant find a good sesame chicken recipe

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PMyh0SoLQfk
youtu.be/GyPc5_GHeRI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Drink tea everyday.

It won't taste exactly the same, because general tso, sesame, etc are all deep fried. Try this if looking for something a bit less caloric
Orange beef
>youtu.be/PMyh0SoLQfk
Orange chicken
>youtu.be/GyPc5_GHeRI

>HEALTHIER and LOW calorie but tastes the exact same?

Sure, just eat less of it. Smaller portions.

As for the age-old question of "why doesn't my chinese food taste like the restaurant"

1) You're probably using the wrong ingredients. 99% of "chinese" recipes you see in English are dumbed down in their ingredient selection. You need strange things from the asian market to make it taste right. Douchi (fermented black beans), doubanjiang (a fermented chili paste), black vinegar, tienmenjiang ("sweet noodle sauce"--made from wheat, and used in all sorts of things, not just noodles). If you see a recipe for a chinese dish and everything in it is normal western supermarket type stuff then you can tell immediately it's a shit recipe.

2) Technique. The burner under the wok in a chinese restaurant is many many times more powerful that what you have at home. It looks and sounds like a roaring jet engine. That level of heat creates a lot of the flavors in your favorite Chinese dishes. You probably don't have that at home, and it also takes a lot of practice to learn how to use that amount of heat without burning the fuck out of your food. Get a propane "turkey fryer" you can set outside. Practice.

>because general tso, sesame, etc are all deep fried
Are you saying that you can't deep fry at home? That's preposterous. Deep frying is easily done at home. Buy a $20 deep fryer from wal-mart, or if you want to go even cheaper then buy a $3 thermometer and use a pot of oil on the stovetop.

>chinese food
>sesame chicken

No, I'm not saying you can't deep fry at home. OP specifically asked for low calorie alternatives that taste the same.

How can you make it taste the same if you need to reduce the calories, which in turn means using different ingredients.

There's a billion people out there eating Chinese food and aren't fat. If that's not good enough for you then you have to compromise on something in that food. Less calories means less (or different) flavor. Dumb white people literally want their cake and eat it too.

>fermented black beans

That shit makes everything delicious.

>How can you make it taste the same if you need to reduce the calories, which in turn means using different ingredients.

No, you can just reduce the portion size. Tastes the exact same, because it IS the exact same. The calorie reduction comes from eating smaller amounts.

okay, so are there any blogs that have authentic recipes? i cant find any. i really want to make lo mein and sesame chicken.
if i do that, i can only eat like three pieces of chicken...

>authentic
What exactly are you looking for? This shit is revised to suit American tastes. None of the shit you get from take out is authentic. Just look a fucking recipe up, and if you like it, just do that. Fuck.

I want it to taste like I got it from Chinese takeout. None of the recipes online taste the same.

There may be some things you lack in your recipe or toolset.

Tons of MSG. Roaring burners. Likely use of a wok that has been seasoned for years. Unfamiliar spices etc. And cleanliness problems. The way many Chinese restaurants handle food is horrifying but probably contributes to flavor.

Chinese don't have a silly stigma attached to MSG and will use it as liberally as salt in some cases. And the recipes you catch on webpages run by white people will totally ignore the stinky fish sauces and fermented pastes and oils that look absolutely disgusting on its own but build flavors into a good dish. White people don't know any better, so stop looking to their recipes for knowledge. They will lead you in the wrong direction.

Needed to add...a screaming hot wok is often important in getting the right texture in many Chinese takeout style foods. You will never replicate this on an electric or induction stove top. Your gas stove might have trouble with this unless you have a commercial stove top or nice backyard gas burner to crank up the heat.

>i can only eat like three pieces of chicken...
You eat

>The way many Chinese restaurants handle food is horrifying but probably contributes to flavor.

I'm going to disagree with this part, there is nothing to gain from being unclean. High BTU burners and a properly seasoned wok are large factors that too many people forget or ignore. Back in our old home, we had a propane powered gas ring and did wok stir fry in the back yard. We more or less got that wok hei taste after it had been properly seasoned.

t. Chinese

Add MSG

My poor attempt at being tongue-in-cheek. Apologies.

Now I feel dumb for lecturing you.

asian food is sugar and vinegar put on fried stuff. not good for teeth.

Fish and chips did this.

>how do I make breaded fried chicken with gratuitous amounts of sesame oil and other shit but at the same time have it be low calorie?

Have you considered bulimia?

>Chinese food
>healthy

Shit is full of MSG nigger

have u considered suicide

>batter chicken breast slices in almond flour and egg
>fry in grass fed butter or extra virgin coconut/olive oil
>after frying, stir in some apple cider vinegar, organic honey, and sesame seeds

The biggest red flag is any recipe that uses boneless breast meat instead of thigh meat

No unhealthier than salt.

>not using activated almond flour