Which country has the most advanced robotics research and development?

>inb4 'Murica, fuck yeah!

Other urls found in this thread:

scimagojr.com/countryrank.php?order=ci&ord=desc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tie between America and Japan

America's robotic industry is fueled by weapons developers
Japan's robotics industry is fueled by health and industry. Most of the people in Japan are at retiring age and they want to make robots to replace them as workers, and other robots to nurse them as they get old.

killing is easier than caring, right?

This sounds about right.

Fpbp

>build robots as a retirement plan instead of allowing a foreign invasion of people who hate you and will eventually turn your country into a 3rd world shithole
Were we wrong to nuke them?

Please tell me this is fake.

I don't think they'd have stopped.

>Please tell me this is fake.

Worse. It's a woman.

Depressing.

Do you want a espresso for that depresso?

If you could somehow get one to me, yes, yes I would.
Thank you.

Indeed! Go to your nearest starbucks... TODAY.

Please tell them you were sent my 1461

Thanks, man! :D

>>Tie between America and Japan
Fuck off weeb, Japan has fallen behind on robotics research, Switzerland, Germany, and even Italy are doing better research than Japan now. Japan's Universities are pretty shitty now.

Pic related

>>Which country has the most advanced robotics research and development?
that's a fucking stupid question to ask, you didn't even specify what advanced is. Besides it matters fuck all, because everything's global and shit. The big names in the field are gonna move and follow the money.

Figuring out which country is the best is just a dick measuring contest anyway

The United States of America. Here's why. Pic related is Oregon State's Cassie the most advanced biped robot in the world right now. What makes it the most advanced biped is it's efficiency. Sure the japs can make fancy walking sexdolls, but they need a goddamn arc reactor to power them. Sure efficient bipeds have been made in the past, Cornell's ranger robot is a great example of this, but that could only walk on flat terrain. Cassie can deal with real world terrain.

The reason Cassie was built was not for the military, not for industry, or some other applied bullshit, but just to figure out how the theory behind walking.

>that's a fucking stupid question to ask
How?
>you didn't even specify what advanced is
Obviously not you.
>Besides it matters fuck all, because everything's global and shit.
Oh, yeah, I must've forgotten that monopolies exist and all R&D companies and monopolies happily share everything! :D
Multiculturalism and diversity sure is great! :^D
>The big names in the field are gonna move and follow the money.
By citations, as citations imply quality:
Source:
>scimagojr.com/countryrank.php?order=ci&ord=desc
>1:US
>2: UK
>3: Germany
>4: Japan
By GDP:
Source:
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)
>1: US
>5: UK
>4: Germany
>3: Japan
Japan isn't poor.
>Figuring out which country is the best is just a dick measuring contest anyway
Why is it?
Companies or institutions with institutions on certain research topics exist in certain countries and are normally contributed mostly by their compatriots.
Therefore, if you wanted to find the best place to attempt to get a research position for X field (in this case robotics), you ask:
>Which country has the most advanced robotics research and development?
But you wouldn't think of that, because you're an effete halfwit, who thinks he knows better than everyone else.
Guess what, you don't.
I'm smarter than you, sorry.

>*with institutions on = with monopolies on

This is more like the answer I was looking for.
Thank you, user, perfect.

>> I must've forgotten that monopolies exist and all R&D companies and monopolies
the big monopolies operate all over the world now and the chinese don't give a fuck about intellectual property. IE someone can research how to build a robot that jerks you off and folds clothes in one country. But when they try to mass produce it motherfucking zimbabwe comes in, copies the design and uses child slave labor to mass produce it.

>> happily share everything!
if it ain't published up in a journal, it ain't worth the trouble. Everything else can be reverse engineered.

I want to ridea robtic Ostrich.

Boston dynamics seems leagues ahead of everyone else in practical terms

So Japan it is.