Why can other omnivores eat raw meat just fine but we get diseases if we do?

Why can other omnivores eat raw meat just fine but we get diseases if we do?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpaccio
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steak_tartare
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0134116
sciencemag.org/news/2016/03/how-sliced-meat-drove-human-evolution
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because G-d (PBUH) can't eat raw meat. Duh.

/thread

we lost immunity and resistance to diseases and parasites in meat when we switched to cooking meat

Bears have parasites. Your argument is invalid.

Look at this faggot making up fairytales. The state of science nowadays...

>implying wild animals don't get diseases from raw meat
>implying you get diseases every time you eat raw meat

Other omnivores do, if they eat meats that contain such vectors.
We, however, discovered fire and used it to denature the various nutrients within, allowing for better extraction and subsequently killed off most of the vectors present within such foods.
We still could eat raw meat, but it is better to cook it (often).

it's true. We evolved to cook food.

Humans by dentition and gastric anatomy are basically herbivores. Marrow from bones was likely the first non-plant nutrition. Raw meat is almost inedible with our teeth. Try a piece of uncooked steak. Hours chewing. Cooking breaks down fibers and collagen tenderizing the meat for consumption. Spank it a couple of times with your club on a hot rock before cooking and you will see... It's all about the fat in the long run anyway. A couple of inches of bone marrow from a equine and you live for a week. A piece of flank steak from that same beast, a couple of days. Tubers, a day or so. All this depending on if you have water daily.
Lots of info on this on the web..

Because they die at about 10y old

You only have a high probability of getting diseases from eating raw meat from farms where animals are crammed together, which facilitates disease spreading. If you eat raw meat from nature reserves then you'd have a similar chance of catching diseases as any other animal.

Try this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpaccio

They get soooo much disease, you have no idea

they get more diseases than us, our meat is safer and we have immunisations/modern medicine

>/threading your own post
How gauche

We were never intended to eat meat. Our canines are too small and our jaws are super weak. The cooking process is the only thing that allows to eat (any food now since we evolved such weak jaws we can't even chew nuts open like our other primate cousins). We are so dependent on cooking food now we can't survive without unless we eat mashed peas.

Every tetrapoda can eat meat becouse we evolved from fishes. Eating vegetables is a new thing.
I dont know about your teeth but my set is quite strong and my canines are like nosferatu ones

>humans are/were herbivores
>can't digest cellulose
What did they mean by this?

Humans can eat raw meat just fine, that's what a steak tartar is and it's a popular fancy dish. The problem is that industrial meat processing contaminates meat with fecal bacteria such as E.coli.

This is very incorrect.

First point to make which many don't seem to understand is that canines aren't meant to chew meat. That's what our molars are for, which let it be known look nothing like the molars of herbivore (pic related). Canines are meant to latch onto preys, which humans didn't need given their hunting tactics.

Also, your ideas about cooking are wrong. The most important thing to understand is that the domestication of fire predates modern man, dating as far back as Homo Erectus. Modern humans evolved with fire and thus evolved a metabolism meant to digest cooked meat. Cooking meat is not an artificial process, it's an important part of human evolution. In fact, the reason why we evolved to cook meat was to power our brains, which are very demanding in energy. Cooking meat allowed this larger brain to develop by breaking down the protein in meat and making them easier to absorb.

Yeesh this thread is embarrassing, humans can and do eat large quantities of raw meat to this day. Any of the tribes in Alaska/Northern Canada literally lay out a freshly killed seal and the entire family (toddlers included) just go to town on it with their bare hands. Your average person being less able to do this is just a result of living most of their life without doing it so their gut bacteria and immune system isn't geared towards it.

>implying wild animals aren't full of parasites

You probably meant premolars. Go to the store, buy a bag of corn nuts and beef jerky. Put some corn nuts in your cheek and slowly chew them. Next, grab that big piece of jerky and tear off a strip. Which teeth did you use?
All the info on human and ancestor dentition is on the web. By the way, canines in apes may have evolved as threat display as seen in gorillas & chimps. Baboons are evolving into true meat eaters and their canines are shaped differently more like a wolfs. Their premolars are more like a cat carnassial tooth

>Humans by dentition are basically herbivores
This is false, our dentition are made for an omnivore diet

Spotted the liberals

where's your four stomachs jean paul

They still get parasites and deadly bacteria from eating raw flesh.

fuck off you science denying vegan
i hope your 20 kg underweight vegan wife dies in childbirth and your malnourished vegan offspring gets a preventable illness and wastes away in hospital

Wow. What a very specific post user... Damn.

Meatcucks sure got rustled by this. Also worth stating that carnivores generally have very acidic stomachs precisely because of pathogens. Protip: bears are literally carnivores (carnivora) that eat plants, unlike humans.

I assume you mean atherosclerosis. Fun Fact: only herbivores get atherosclerosis.

From eating meat I mean

Are you female by any chance?

Yuhm salmon or ham carpaccio

Heh

>Why can other omnivores eat raw meat just fine but we get diseases if we do?

Your base assumption is flawed.

Eating raw meat (or vegetables, or drinking unsterilized water) can expose you, your dog, a shark or tiger to various diseases or parasites.

Because we learned to cook food, filter water, etc. we get exposed to fewer of these than other creatures do.

>there are no herbivorous fish

I think you need to think it out again.

>Next, grab that big piece of jerky and tear off a strip. Which teeth did you use?

Now chew your jerky...

Pretty sure this will be beyond most of you but whatever.

Hygiene hypothesis, NCD epidemic, etc. We're actually now less healthy because we are lacking in certain diseases. Our bodies won't ravage ourselves with autoimmune conditions if we had more parasites. Seasonal allergies would be nonexistent, along with possibly other conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. We need minor diseases so we can train our immune system properly to not attack ourselves as it so often does in the western world. Our over sensitization of food and lives has probably caused more pain and suffering than any war.

Also plenty of cultures still eat raw meat on a regular basis. But the invention of cooking has made more foods more easily digestible, so that has been a popular trend in human culture. But there's nothing that says you can't eat raw meat. But it does increase your risk of parasites, which as I said before, can sometimes be beneficial.

Negative.

How can there be herbivorous fish in the --sea--?

>posts utterly retarded science-denying gibberish
>gets BTFO
>Heh I was only trolling :^)

Just a faggot then? Okay.

Hitler was a vegetarian.

omnivores and carnivores do get diseases and parasites from eating raw meat.

Also sushi is usually raw meat.

We can eat properly handled raw meat just fine.

> steak tartar
> literally steak eaten by those filthy horselords
> properly handled raw meat

>A couple of inches of bone marrow from a equine and you live for a week.
Are you suggesting we solve world hunger by slaughtering all the horses?

I'm up for that.

Hitler was a liberal.

In what definition of liberal?

He believed in classical liberal values of tolerance, free speech, democracy, and the rule of law.

We can eat raw fish because fish parasites and diseases primarily only affect other fish.

That doesn't answer you though.

great post

>Hours chewing
That's because modern humans have very weak jaws from eating soft foods. Most vegetable foods used to be very tough as well, fruits were rare. From your retarded argument we weren't vegetarians either because we would spend hours chewing tough plant fibers LOL

>would be nonexistent, along with possibly other conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, and cancer
That's incredibly stupid. Like, pants on head retardedly stupid. Like, kys twice just to make sure stupid. Diabetes is either genetic or acquired due to glucose levels and has absolutely nothing to do with pathogens. I'm not even bother talking about cancer and heart disease. And this is supposed to be the smart board? jesus fucking christ this place is beyond redemption

which also provides us great advantages over other species that can process raw meat. the amount of energy and the duration it takes to process raw meat is far greater than that of cooked meat. So by adapting to cooked foods, we drastically increased our energy efficiency.

Don't respond to /pol/.

All these complete retards in this thread...

There is a huge difference between raw and fresh killed. Bacteria only grow over time, so right after an animal is killed you can easily eat it with no problem. However, if you try to store it for a long period of time you must cook it.

Yeah, Italian ham also is terrible to chew.

I challenge any meatcuck to go and kill an animal with his teeth and eat it as easily as I go and pluck a fruit and eat it. I'll believe you're a carnivore then.

Good luck finding enough wild sources of vitamin B12 to survive.

uhh what about parasites and diseases that the animal is already carrying, we cook to kill those too. it's not like all meat is magically ready to eat off of a freshly dead animal. animals also eat toxic plants that can be passed on through meat.

due to western hygene and animal husbandry beef is generally safe to eat raw as are some fish.

stop calling others retarded when you make your own retarded mistakes.

who the fuck even mentioned carnivores you faggot? obviously humans aren't carnivores.

ARE YOU MAD?!

This logic is dangerously close to anti-vaxxer logic.

journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0134116
>It is interesting to note that humans, uniquely among the primates so far considered, appear to have stomach pH values more akin to those of carrion feeders than to those of most carnivores and omnivores.

>my brain is too underdeveloped for tool use
k

sciencemag.org/news/2016/03/how-sliced-meat-drove-human-evolution

They do get diseases if they eat raw meat. They just don't care, or they might be a host to diseases but not actually affected by them.

Wow meatcucks sure get pussypuckered when someone implies they shouldn't eat meat. Ok then go and get a knife and kill a wild animal, butcher and eat it. All of it.

I think it's a given that wild animals are infested with disease and parasites. It's not that they don't care it's just that they have no choice in the matter.

If you were to eat a healthy cow, that was killed 2 minutes ago, raw you wouldnt get any diseases.

Except for heart disease and bowel cancer.

>heart disease
Comes from the fat. A healthy cow isn't fat.

>bowel cancer
Comes from the carcinogens formed during cooking. That poster said raw.

I never said I was vegan. In fact, I eat way to much red meat in all the forms that are really bad for you. Just trying to answer questions & incorrect statements. I have been studying human dentition for longer than most of these posters have been alive. This is supposedly Veeky Forums by the way, not kek central for those wasting away their summer vacay...

maybe if you gorged yourself. You're supposed to chew it.

>Look at this faggot
How compelling your argument............

as long as your meat is parasite free , there is no problem with eating raw

pic related

>those filthy horselords
L0L fearfaggot pls

Bitter closet nazi

This is the saltiest post I have read in weeks!

You do realise that not even predators eat all of the prey themselves? A lot gets left over for vultures who have a different digestion

What are heartworms

good post

Because vegetarianism is a form of ascetic masochism, and these masochists want to persuade us that we get diseases from eating a normal human diet.

Every human population eats meat. Vegetarianism only crops up in big cities of advanced civilizations, kind of like anal fisting.

Animals eat meat fresh and fresh meat is only toxic if the animal was sick. Humans store their meat and that can be way more dangerous, so you need to cook it before you eat it. There are certain animals like vultures who can eat rotten meat but that is rare in the animal kingdom.

what do you think the little fish the big fish eat eat

The civilization we have built allows for the weak and feeble to pass on their gene. That's it

The next time you eat an apple, please don't forget to eat the entire fucking tree.

>Try a piece of uncooked steak. Hours chewing.
citation needed

why do we need energy intensive digestive systems when we can cook food

Nigga, where you think the worms in the meat came from, if not from the pig? smfh famalam

>implying domestic animals aren't full of parasites

They aren't. Animals eat each other alive or only very shortly after death. If you ate a rabbit alive there would be zero diseases and parasites in the meat (if the rabbit is healthy, obviously).

Came to post this, but worded differently

>didn't use google or logic
>posts on Veeky Forums instead

quality thread OP

>Eating vegetables is a new thing.

Except it isn't. Seaweed and algae were here a couple billion years ago (if China is to be believed). Don't tell me nothing ate on those.

Naurice?

Strong alcohol and really spicy shit can do wonders as far as parasites and bacteria go

>healthy cow
>heart worms

Fish is easy to eat raw, and meat can also be easy to eat depending on the way you prepare it (steak tartare).

nonsense, fresh raw meat is tasty and good for you