20lbs of these were given to me but I have no idea what to do with them. The few times I have fish(haddock, cod...

20lbs of these were given to me but I have no idea what to do with them. The few times I have fish(haddock, cod, catfish) I usually just grill it and from memory I tried cooking two separately in a pan and on the grill but I got drunk and distracted. They were frozen but once they thawed they just broke apart with handling, but don't smell bad or look spoiled.

What do I do with these other than just mash them up on crackers? They are taking up too much room in my freezer and I don't want to waste them. Even the dogs won't touch them.

thaw, go fishing and use them as bait

Salt them and throw them on the grill.

Eat like a motherfucking king

Pickle them overnight in a light brine of
>sugar
>salt
>white wine vinegar
>juniper berries
>bay leaves
>black peppercorns
>sliced red shallots

Serve them bruschetta style on heavy buttered toatsed dark rye with minced red onion, tomatto fresh green herbs etc

>not cooking your food
wow there goes another retard.

20lbs is a lot to eat unless you have at least 5-10 people to serve. Otherwise most will end up in the trash.

Gut them, wash them and throw them in a pan with 50/50 water/oil until they're covered.
Add spices and salt to your liking, boil/fry until they're done. Add some lemon afterwards.

>salt, dust in flour, pan-fry, eat with potatoes.
>fish pie. (that british downie oliver has a decent pastry recipe, if you can stormach the format and the looks of him)
I don't get it from your post, is it raw frozen, or just frozen bc its a fuckton of it? are they gutted? do you mind eating the heads?
if its like canned(otherwise do oyu mash up raw fish on crackers?):
>put aioli, a slice of tomato, fish, cheese in that order on white bread, bake.

Could anyone here find a fish pie recipe (maybe with a video?) not from him? The food sounds interesting.

Thanks, guys.

Frozen and not gutted. Came to me frozen in a bunch of freezer bags. I don't mind gutting them myself nor do I mind eating heads.

look up russian or finnish (karelian in particular) fish pie recipes, the ones with yeast dough (another word of advice, don't do salmon, they are boring.);
or as said here ,british pastry, make it like a pork pie, only with fish/potato/carrots as a filling.

right-o, now that I'm on a pc, I can be bothered to translate a recipe. phoneposting is an ass.

the quick one(w/o yeast):
>piepan ~25cm

the dough:
creme fraishe/sourcream - 250g
mayo - 250g
eggs - 3
flour - 1glass full
soda (NaCO3) (or just use baking powder, which is soda mixed with a diluent) - 0,5 teaspoon

the filling:
your fish of choice - 1 can (ofc you'll be using fresh, so lightly fry and salt it)
eggs - 3
green onions

the process:
1. mix all the dough ingredients, it'll be a runny one.

2. drain the fish (obv you don't have to with the fresh), de-bone it, and mash it up into chunks. boil, cut the eggs, cut the green onions. mix fish, eggs, onions

3. if you need to, use backing parchment in the form. butter it. pour half the dough in the pieform, throw in the filling, pour the rest of the dough.
bake until the crust is golden at 180°C (350°F for the retards)

a tip from me for this recipe:
the filling may sink in way to close to the bottom, so either put it slightly higher than in the middle (on top of 3/4 of the dough) or use more flour so the dough is firmer.

forgot picture

now for the longer one; yeast dough pies are the dogs bollocks, even though they take a lot more time to do. obviously scale everything acc. to how much fish you have.

dough:
flour - 7 glasses
milk - 2 glasses
butter/rapeseed oil - 100g
eggs - 2
sugar - 1-2 tablespoons
salt - 1,5 teaspoon
dry yeast - 1 package (~11g)
or fresh yeast - 50g
the filling:
fish, obviously (any type will work, though I find salmon boring) - 1,5kg
onions - 2
bay leaves - 2
salt - 1,5 table! spoons
ground pepper ~0,5 teaspoons (to taste)
rice - 300g
other:
butter or rapeseed oil (it's just the better sounding name for canola oil) - 4 tablespoons
fried breadcrumbs for coating - 3tablespoons

now there's a lot about preparing fish, but since you'll be using tiny sardines, just gut them, cut them in pieces (maybe half them, maybe into three pieces, idk how big they are. some of my family don't like the heads, though I'd eat them. maybe cut off the tails/cut out the spine if they're too long or too chewy. basically prep the fish so you only have edible parts in edible chunks) another sidebar: thaw the fish in water, not out in the air, your kitchen won't smell as bad, it'll thaw faster, etc, etc.

let the fish salted in a bowl for a few hours while you make other prep stuff [cont.]

You grill catfish?

Commit sudoku.

I havent, it was just the list of what fish I've had in general.
I will try grilling it next time though.

warm the milk, mix in the yeast, add salt and sugar, oil. mix in the eggs. mix it thoroughly.
sieve and add the flour, mix it up. knead it into a dough while the milk is still lukewarm
put it into a warm place (I use the oven on a very low setting, ~50°C) to rise for an hour/hour and a half.
cook the rice while you wait, let it cool down.
fish salted, peppered yet? (they use filet, so cut it into pieces if you do, too)
finely chop the onions, don't! mix in with the fish

when the dough is about 2 times as big, knead it on a flour'ed table (it's sticky as hell) divide into 2 parts, turn on your oven

when everythings ready, roll out your dough into 2 ~cm thick pieces. (put an egg-sized piece aside for decorating like on the picture, if you want to)
>picrelated
to transfer the rolled-out dough, furl it on the rolling pin
butter/oil your baking tin, put the first dough sheet on it. (if it has high sides, great. if not, do you even try?)
put a layer of rice on the dough, on it the raw fish, on it the onions, some more pepper, bay leaves (only a couple of them here and there, unless you actually eat them, you animal), sprinckle a bit of oil on it or a couple of tiny pieces of butter here and there.

cover it with the cesond sheet of dough, let it rest for 3-5 min.decorate it if you want to.

now, DO butter/oil the top of the pie, and you may want to sprinkle some fried breadcrums over it.

bake it on the middle height at 220°C for about an hour
when done, pull it our, and cover with a cloth to cool down a bit.
Idk how you store backed stuff like this, but I just leave it in the kitchen counter covered with a, well, dish-towel thin cloth, and it doesn't stay there long enough to get stale, or go bad

those are just some quickly googled recipes, but they're essentially what I can't be bothered to look up from my grandmothers/mothers cooking book. and my suomi isn't nearly good enough to translate anything, anyways.

Thanks man. I'll try them.

make a tomato+fish sauce

Don't.

People think catfishis a tough fish because of the peeling process. But catfish meat is tilapia teir. Baked or fried. The only ways.

I lovecatfish and i love getting hammered drunk and catching them. But they shouldn't be grilled, theirmeat is too light.

What size are the fish newbie?

>People who dislike a food because it's too hard to cook

This faggot

Filipino here, that looks like tuyo. Generally we defrost and fry it outside (it gets smelly), pick at the meat (leave the bones, you can eat the head if you're fine with it) and dip in white vinegar or vinegar that had hot peppers soaked in it. Generally eaten with rice fried with fried minced garlic and a little bit of oil. I eat it fairly often for breakfast, have some eggs and spam with it.

>serving fish with the head and tail still attached.

>Baked or fried. The only ways.
What about stews?

This
My family makes catfish coubilllon from apaloosa catfish heads and I wonder how it might taste with sardines
Coubillon is basically a cajun french tomato based spicy stew with yellow onion, green onion, and peppers that you serve over rice

What's the problem?

disgusting, you are probably one of those kids that is ok with the guy biting the bottom lip of the frog then ripping it apart from the top of its lip; someone that does that should be in prison.