My whole life I thought I hated pears. They were always so dry and tough...

My whole life I thought I hated pears. They were always so dry and tough, but today I had the most amazing pear! So juicy, it fell apart so easily as I bit into it that I needed a bowl.

Now
I.Love.Pears!

There is nothing better than a prime pear.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/96CaWH5St7I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I had a pear in preschool and it tasted so bad. Haven't had a pear since

Same, OP. I try not to buy them since I go through them all immediately. I bet them up a bit and let them sit until I can only eat them over the sink.

Bartlett or Bosc? I'm a Bosc guy myself. Great texture, really sweet. I've had some shit pears in my day though.

anjou
but bosc is fine if you live in a food desert. they definitely survive the trip better than any other pear

I've had those. Still a Bosc fan.

I guess you really can't gain culture. Fucking pig.

You went for most of your life only trying to eat pears that weren't ripe yet? Impressive.

Try an Asian pear sometime. They're round and huge with a great crunchy juicy texture. My asian market sells them for $24/dozen.

>The Anjou is oval-shaped, and somewhat stubby, with smooth yellow-green skin and creamy flesh. It has a slightly blander taste than that of a Bosc or Bartlett.
I guess taste is lost on you guys too.

Why buy pears when apples exist?

I've always loved pears, but the best pear of my life I had in Spain. I forgot the particular variety, but I had it while studying in Salamanca and it's from that region, Castilla. They were all huge and so juicy the juice literal exploded in your mouth and it tasted almost like cotton candy. Fucking orgasmic.

A good Asian pear is a close second

Because apples are vastly inferior.

When do pears even ripen the earliest? I am near Washington D.C.

This. Buerre bosc is the GOAT of the AT.

Pera de agua

But pears are basically less flavorful and more starchy hunched back apples.

>that kid who wouldn't eat the skins

A ripe pear is better than any other fruit on earth.

I've had exactly one ripe pear in my entire life. All the rest have been trash worse than Red Delicious apples.

Pears are best firm, like apples. When they're ripe they're grainy and disgusting.

Yeah pears pretty much range from whatever you can think of to its complete opposite.

I feel ya bro. It's just like pussy for me. I tried a 24 year old pussy when I graduated high school but man was it sour. Next month my best friends little sister revealed to me that she was in love with me before going to college and she wanted to lose her virginity to her first liver. Wow! So prime and petite. So succulent and bald. Just so damn juicy.

I can tell you've never had a prime pear

Asian pears are just shitty apples.

pears are the best fruit, the pharoah of fruit, even.

a lot of fruit is just like that
store bought mangos are horrible, pears at least could be left alone to soften and ripen a bit
and you can't do shit to untasty peach, it's just your wasted money
and don't get me started on watermelons, can't even boil it in sugar to eat that with pancakes, like with the bad pears or peaches

youtu.be/96CaWH5St7I

Lady Alice apples are everything I ever wanted pears to be. It's too bad they're pretty expensive. If you see these apples at your store and you like the flavor of pears, and always wanted them to have the texture of an apple, this is what you want.