Why bother with philosophy? It's just mental masturbation

Why bother with philosophy? It's just mental masturbation.

Find a thing you like doing and make money with it.

Oh right! That would actually take real effort unlike sitting on your ass consuming books.

>babby's first Veeky Forums bait

I'm serious. You guys feel intellectually superior for reading theoretical material about what life is while the years go by and you're still in the same place with the only difference that your mind is cluttered with useless information.

Exactly.
Now, can you write anything that supports your argument instead of just spitting on some imagined other? (strawman... But you wouldn't know that, because you don't read, do you?)

Nigga your book smart bs ain't gon help you much surviving in the real world

You don't actually think it's hard to survive in the real world, do you?

tell me more about "real world"
is life hard ?

rekt

this is what always happens to cross-boarders

Why should I survive? Why would that be considered good?

>implying everyone reads philosophy to feel intellectually superior to others and not because of personal interest
>implying everyone who's interested in philosophy isn't doing well in life
Go back to /r9k/ with your miserable projections.

>Common good
>Common need

You'll always be stuck at the bottom, trying to figure out why there's something missing.

We're at the top, transcending the level of meeting our needs and experiencing wonder.

I'm a lawyer who just bought a small town practice so I spend half the amount of time I used to on meeting my needs, and twice the amount of time on transcending the workaday world.

But have fun working in IT, basic bitch.

book smart bs helps you decide what the real world is to you and how you want to play it

keep shucking and jiving in the rat race tho

>Find a thing you like doing and make money with it
>being so intellectually stunted you can't maintain multiple interests while living a fulfilling life

Why should I do only one thing? If you're the sort of person that can't juggle both a well-paid job and interests or hobbies outside of that sphere, your life is going to be totally unsatisfying.

You understand to make money like OPs photo you really do have to focus on one thing. Ibankers don't have hobbies.

>have fun working in IT
>tfw you realize he's not a cool lawyer, but just an assblasted humanities graduate
To think I was starting to like you.

Bentley costs around 200k - you really don't need to be a millionaire to afford one.

>to make money like OPs photo you really do have to focus on one thing
what is a renaissance man? what is an entrepreneur?

>bankers don't have hobbies
show me your workings please

t. reddit
There is no 'real world', only what I say there is.

He's right, investment banking is 100+ hours a week job. He's wrong thinking it's the only way to become wealthy, though.

what if what I like doing is reading philosophy and not making my goal in life to make money

No thanks. I have a friend who graduated from Berkeley and went into banking and he's been suicidal for over a year now. He'll make fun of me all of the time for not making as much as him sure, but then when he's drunk and alone which is pretty frequent he'll ask me how the hell is he supposed to get up the next morning without offing himself.

The philosophy you're describing is really self-destructive. Focus on success and then random insecurities show up. You're not in a fortune 500 and you're how old? 25? You're literally fucked kill yourself. You know you missed your shot and now you're only getting older.

He's one sad lonely fuck.

pleb

>the only way to make big money is in banking
top meme