Why is there no good literature from here? Besides Cervantes

Why is there no good literature from here? Besides Cervantes.

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.periodistadigital.com/periodismo.php/2006/10/26/la_memoria_historica_de_umbral_un_vergon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Camilo Jose Cela hehe

Sergio Ramos
"How did I score moar goals than Benzema being just a defender"

¿Qué es el siglo de oro?
¿Qué es la generación del 98?
¿Qué es la generación del 27?

Toda mierda.

would suck his dick

Who is considered the great spanish novelist of the civil war and the carlist wars? surely they have their own Hugo or Tolstoy.

here are the best from this

ruben dario shouldn't be on here, i edited out the latin american writers and forgot to remove him

their romanticism sucks

Why would you be interested in authors particularly from Spain and not the Hispanosphere altogether?

>their romanticism sucks

Surely there must have been one standout sentimental novel in an age of strife?

20th century south american Veeky Forums is clearly in its own category.

Because you're uncultured

>when your literary corpus is so weak you have to start including women

>and the carlist wars
Pérez Galdós, Unamuno and Valle-Inclán

low IQ

Same problem with Portugal

Because spanish sucks

Gracian is über-tier though.

Are you fucking kidding me? Sure, we didn't have so much great literature during the fucking Francoist regime (who is José Cela, who is Delibes), specially if it's juxtaposed with the iberoamerican boom, but holy shit.

I dont see blasco ibañez mentioned much often but his are some of my favorite reads

Eduardo Mendoza is underrated.

>Javier Marías
>Juan José Millás
>Miguel Hernández
>no Benet
>no Umbral
Did you rely on your highschool textbooks for making that shit tier list?

Did Cela write anything good besides Pascual Duarte? La Colmena is utter shit.

>Portugal doesn't have good literature
I think you're the one with low IQ

You're literally a moron.

Civil war: Max Aub and Arturo Barea.

Umbral has good prose, but boring as fuck. Also a plagiarist.

meh, he is not good with metaphors. Poets that aren't good with metaphors are not impressive.

To be fair most poets of the world are mediocre. Pessoa is not a bad poet, but you will find much more treasures in Shakespeare, for example.

But there is a great problem with poetry in romance languages: since the words are too long and the verse metrical-space too short, it is difficult for the poets to fill the line with so much information and meaning as poets in a language with a lot of monossyllables, like English.

I like Opiário and the Ode Triunfal quite a lot, from Álvaro de Campos. But to me a poet like Neruda is superior to Pessoa. Also, Latin America as a whole is superior in its literary art to Spain and Portugal.

>plagiarist
How so?

blogs.periodistadigital.com/periodismo.php/2006/10/26/la_memoria_historica_de_umbral_un_vergon

And it's a shame, because I really enjoyed Madrid, 1940.

How would you know if you haven't read any? You are clearly waiting for Veeky Forums to tell you what you should like.

He's not like the other ones of your friends
He is a defender
Let he tell you that he will never surrender

Why is Galician literature so good?

Plenty of good literature, but uncultured plebs like OP only know universally famous authors like Cervantes.

This reminds of how shit goodreads is.
In rym you can easily filter the chart to include only albums from one specific country.
Why is that so difficult to do for the retarded goodreads developers? Why can't goodreads be as good as rym?

Pessoa didn't only write poetry, to call him a mere poet is a disservice. I personally think his prose is better than this poetry, The Book of Disquiet is excellent.

Is there such thing as good spanish/latino science fiction?

I wouldn't say that's plagiarismo desu

>un_vergon
:o

>people keep falling for this bait even though it has been posted a million times already

>mfw people say their favorite Hispanic writer is Gabriel Garcia Marquez