Has Veeky Forums always been this good?

It's about to become my main board.
Just finished reading The Legacy of Totalitarianism in a Tundra and i am very impressed.
Also, the shitpost to helpful comment ratio is probably the best one on this board.

I just wanted to let you know.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Legacy-Totalitarianism-Tundra-post-ironic-spook-concious-ebook/dp/B00NJZ17AK
upload.wikimedia.org/wikisource/en/4/42/The_Legacy_of_Totalitarianism_in_a_Tundra.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It used to be better, but anyways it's the only board worth visiting at all tbqh.

Yes it's pretty good. Everyone is so friendly without being cringe. Basically friendly but keeping it Veeky Forums.
I hope this makes sense.

Youre an idiot for thinking this needs a public declaration and retards like you are why this board is dead.

Because of how inaccessible Veeky Forums is, we haven't been overrun by plebs yet

>it's the only board worth visiting at all

I used to visit /diy/ fairly often and it was a pretty good board, dunno if that's changed in the last couple years, though.

The overall quality was quantitatively better before when everyone was incredibly elitist and wanted to one-up everyone else instead of shitposting, but these days the remaining good posters are now actually educated, so you get short-bursts of very high quality. Back in the old days people were mistaking the Fichtean dialectical model for Hegel's or thought Nietzsche was an anarchist, and no one would correct it! These days someone does, though.

what is the hegelian model, then?

Are you being ironic OP.

I think you are.

I've been here a few months now, but I've been a /b/tard since 2006. Aside from the /pol/ and redpill shitposting I actually quite like it here.

>It used to be better
this
It's taken a nose dive in the past year or two.

Not that guy but I think he means mistaking the "thesis-antithesis-synthesis" standard description of dialectics for Hegel.

Hegel uses triangular/triads that have the same basic form in many ways but he's moving beyond Fichte. And that explicit formulation is much more related to Fichte.

Fichte and Schelling are extremely worth reading before reading Hegel, if you have the chance. They will massively enlighten your reading of Hegel. There's a great set of mini-lectures on Youtube about all this stuff. I can't remember the guy's name exactly, but search for videos on Schelling's Philosophy of Nature.

Aight.

How can /b/ be your main board for more than 2 months? Almost everybody starts there, but they quickly move on and for good reason. Explain it to me.

lame post right here, be nice

We used to have the same threads up for at least a week. It was very slow here before. I used to hate it but now I miss it.

>It used to be better
The shitpost/informative post rating has stayed pretty much the same. We get more off topic /pol/ bullshit now though.

/trv/ is the best board in this website desu. But there's plenty you can gain by browsing boards like /ic/ /mu/ Veeky Forums Veeky Forums... even if the overall quality is p shite

>plenty you can gain by browsing boards like Veeky Forums
nice meme

before the exodus Veeky Forums was good

now it's neoreddit2.0

What great exodus?

I'm a glutton for punishment. Also I have a life outside of the internet so my time on /b/ is fairly brief per visit.

>The Legacy of Totalitarianism in a Tundra
i need the link, please, thank you.

amazon.com/Legacy-Totalitarianism-Tundra-post-ironic-spook-concious-ebook/dp/B00NJZ17AK

I actually agree with him. You just have to sort out all the bs and memes to find a style you like

the notorious hacker named Veeky Forums has written a terrible cum-guzzling-enabler book of horrendous proportions.

i'm loving it.

And there's another in the works, this time with even more cum guzzling.

post your "style"

something i just came up with for the new one.

/sp/ is worth it, and /tv/ is worth it but you really have to get into the retard mood to enjoy /tv/. You have to prepare for it.

omg you are a genios, I'm HONORED to post on the same board as you, THANK YOU for linking this
you should post this in every thread, people should know about your work

wow

other cool boards :
Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums , /out/ & /n/
Veeky Forums sometimes

>Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums
not really

I'm especially disappointed by Veeky Forums which used to be good, but now is completely segmented into hundreds of self-moderating generals and a cesspool of random threads.
Mods have made half the OC creators and OGs leave anyway, due to bannings, and literally making OC forbidden, most recent example being the kicking out of smut general.
What is left can be called normalfags, for the lack of better term for it. It's not Veeky Forums for the most part.

on this website*

>33 posts in and no mention of Veeky Forums
Do you guys even eat?

i'm just imagining how you look, SIR!
why don't yoou just tip your fedora already, eh?
lol

yeah, this board is pretty lit

-_-

Is this some sort of a weird strategy to make OP leave by making the worst posts imaginable?

no /pol/, though, and people know their shit

>no /pol/
idk about you, but by now I've grown used to the "I hate niggers" post that is in nearly every thread in Veeky Forums

>know their shit
just go to 1d4chan

sure, /pol/ and niggers make for a nice condiment but i prefer the creepy pedos, attention whores & white knights desu

? Veeky Forums is fedora?

upside down fedora with chips and tomato sauce inside it

This.
our demographic has more newfags than almost any other board. At any given moment the majority of Veeky Forumsizens has been here less than a year

mostly because oldfags gets sick of the pretension, "discussions", and /pol9k/ cross-posting. I barely come here anymore but it seems ok today

>plebs overrun the board and then say this

Veeky Forums is becoming more popular right now, which is basically its death sentence. Just look at what happened to Veeky Forums. Enjoy it while it lasts.

There is no forum like Veeky Forums, where will I go when this fully crashes?

I have wandered like a nomad through the boards of this site since 2009. I will probably go to Veeky Forums next and become a stock trader once Veeky Forums is dead.

And those who want a focus on literature and lit memes?

Everything dies at some point. But you are free to stay behind in the remaining purgatory of endless /pol/ threads, unfunny shitposting and pleb tier taste which will live on inside the corpse of Veeky Forums as you know it today. I have seen it before, I will see it again.

>-_-
You have to go back.

>$200
but why

I don't think you need to panic. /pol/bait threads were commonplace in 2015, and this board is still alive.

upload.wikimedia.org/wikisource/en/4/42/The_Legacy_of_Totalitarianism_in_a_Tundra.pdf

>the only board worth visiting at all tbqh.
Veeky Forums can change your life if you stay on target

Anybody have that Anti-Nihilistic nihilism copy pasta?

That was no copypasta, user. That was real.

Once you get all the info and starting advice you need, there's no reason to ever come back there.

this is true, but it still changed my life. Also /plg/ is a wealth of knowledge

bump

Bump

It's a support network and a fun place to hang out, you don't need to cast everything aside once you've got everything you can out of it like a spent whore

Oh wow you read a fancy obscure book, good for you. I am so impressed with your reading skills.

Really you're the problem with Veeky Forums, it's all pseudointellectual hipsters trying to show off how hipster they are to one another.

Saged.