Does Veeky Forums keep a journal/diary? is it worth it?

does Veeky Forums keep a journal/diary? is it worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/The_Official_/int/_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah, but only to practice my jap. Writing it just makes me depressed.

I like to use it as a source when I have nothing else to write about.

I've had one for almost two years now but haven't done much lately. If you're a shut-in loser like I am most of your comments will be about what you're reading, what you're doing (browsing Veeky Forums), and nothing really interesting.

I bought this really nice journal in Paris.
Wrapped in leather from an exotic non-descript animal, probably something Australian, something that kills.
It's paper is lustrous and thick.
The lines are evenly spaced and faint, they are a suggestion, not a rule.
And everyday, I write down the date.
Below the date I write a word, a word that summarises that day.
Then I start getting to work, trying to encapsulate that word in the phallic shape of a penis.
It could be a wonderful power cock, with throbbing veins and an austure stance, or a shrivelled monk's penis, full of the sorrow of neglect and misuse.

One day, long after I left this world people will find my diary of dicks and hail me as an important figure in history.

Intelligence is the ability to receive, manipulate, and transmit information.

It's not about keeping a diary so much as it's about not being underdeveloped in that third (and arguably most important) aspect.

My "journal" consists of 50 page rants splitting philosophical hairs to make sense of myself, single page notes on some horseshit going on in my life, dates, so many dates, always date the page sometimes the time too, never organized by date, always scattered throughout the notebook in no particular order

Drug experiences, books im reading, sluts, degeneracy, seemingly clever but mostly useless ramblings, silence for weeks on end, then all of a sudden a windstorm of writing.

I am the most consistently inconsistent person i know. I start things and love not finishing them. Most of my rants end mid sentence

Also good luck reading my hand writing, being intoxicated and writing is a beautiful thing but i dont do it to read that unintelligible garbage, i do it to feel good that i know a few words and can organize thoughts within my own mind well to write them down on paper

Totally worth it imo

I've always tried to keep a diary. Though I've never used one consistently, I sometimes find that writing things down helps to keep me mind straight when I feel overwhelmed. DESU, I mostly use my journal to make lists these days...

I keep a dream journal in my phone. Started because of lucid dreaming but now I just like to write my interesting dreams down

I do. I have a hard time keeping it up.

I keep a diary DESU
I write verse, rhyme and metric patterns in it, sometimes outbursts of thoughts. I also have a green pen, with which I greentext, with the >. I use this as a counter idea and argue with myself.
Dates are kept with months in Roman numerals.

>hail me as an important figure in history.
why do you care if you won't be around to witness it?

Make sure it's Moleskine (or Moleskina).

Keeping a diary DESU is a no brainer for me? I use it to keep the voices in check.

The first few pages are the most difficult, since you ought to write your thoughts, but that's scary, so start writing about something banal, like, coffee ie. Or write how your diary feels DESU.

Discuss the reality of something cringy I guess? Write about your last bathroom adventure, or ways of original suicide hehe.

Either way кys.

It's more of a collection of my thoughts based on my daily happenings.
Sometimes I even write a small essay concerning something.
It's pretty great to have it.

recently started journaling about 6 months ago I keep a journal in an old composition book. Its mainly just for notes on different subjects I'm interested in, not necessarily me writing about my day like a teenage girl.

Probably going to go to a moleskin or something more high quality the more i get into it and fill up this book

It doesn't have to be a literal diary, just fill it up with anything, use your imagination.

what's special about it?

That "greentext pen" is actually a smart idea. I might incorporate that in my journal.

I started journaling in fifth grade and have written one diary per year since then (except one which lasted from 2015 into this year but almost finished with it). I am a senior in high school now.

It's the idea that gets me hard.

Pretty envious desu
wish I had done so

send it to me [email protected]

sent ;)

I have one for almost 3 years now. I'm a shut in looser so most of it is about vidya, books and films/anime. Normally I write every two weeks, it of course depends how much happened. Sometimes I sometimes write about myself but usually I'm too scared to acknowledge my mistakes etc. so it happens rarely. It's a nice method if you want to improve your handwriting though.

How do i start learning a new language? I want to learn japanese or german

4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/The_Official_/int/_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki

Thank you so much :)

y not?

read someone else's journal and then decide. i personally enjoy the journals of emerson and thoreau. journal writing is something you learn to do.

I try to do a page a day before my hand hurts too much to continue. I try to put my thoughts to page and work them out, whatever crazy idea I'm having at the time. I've discovered a lot through my study of psychology, hypnosis, india yogis, etc. and it all generally points to the same truths that everyone eventually figures out about life.
It's one moment, and that one moment is full of so much bullshit stories that you can pretty much have fun at any point in your life and the only person stopping you is you. It's an annoying idea, because I began to understand that the only reason I'm not having fun is because I'm too focused on negative thoughts.

I figured out that it's mostly a result of subconscious influence and what you do, so if you write that your life a shit, that becomes what you think. Your subconscious responds to two things: visuals and verbals. Since you're lurking Veeky Forums you're even more responsive to verbals. Whatever you write literally becomes what you believe, and I've witnessed it firsthand.

I think the most troubling thing is that I've written 100 pages(I number them) over the past five months and I can look back to the first page and see the same concerns I had then still haunting me now. Life, to me at least, is a life of habit, and any disturbances of that balance are not only upsetting they are entertaining.

I found myself actually being most involved with my life when I was in extreme pain and fear. Right now, I'm having back issues and I feel more 'alive' is some sense but that's probably because my life consists of anime and Veeky Forums entirely now.

I also save my Veeky Forums posts lately, it's gotten weird. Not exactly sure how I plan to live the rest of my life. It's like I'm waiting second to second to see if something will happen and when it does, I get upset.
Should I be grateful that I have nothing but time? Or should I put work into my writing? I don't know, but I can write a journal like it's nothing and my novels are suddenly untouched.
I wrote about four novels in tiny bursts over the past four months, now I've hit a procrastination spell and it seems like an inevitable future that I won't write again.

pics or it never happened

Are there any notable diaries or journals worth reading? Only one I can think of is Anne Frank's

my diary desu

You wanna see my dicks?

What if I do it on my computer

Always friendo :^)

my desu diary

Roll to see if user is a functional human. Dubs means they're happy in life. Trips means they're successful. Anything else means they're an anime Nazi

O shit. Hope you have fun learning the languages of your nuanced choice. You'll succeed!

I want to write a couple stories or pieces before I kill myself in 50 years

i keep a journal of my extremely boring life

it's a composition book

Yeah, I used to do this, not just because my life is pretty boring, but also because I'm too afraid that if I write my innermost thoughts or more interesting things, someone will find it and read it and I'll be super embarrassed. So I would write about my day and stuff, things like the weather, or what album I listened to, that I went to the grocery store, that I did or was thinking about doing some laundry, etc. It was really just the process of writing that I really liked and that's why I did it.

Ironically I got a girlfriend (which I no longer have) and she started reading it and made fun of me for it, and I caved to her peer pressure and now I don't do it anymore

I write a lot when I'm on drugs or able to meditate really hard, otherwise I get bored of writing kinda fast. It is sometimes fun to read sober, but most of the time it's a bit worrisome. It's basically just my memento tattoos (are movie references allowed?) for entering the altered mind-state with less confusion and stress.
In general I could see one keeping a journal if they regularly partake in a hobby or something interesting and keep the writings it to that. Mundane life isn't all that interesting so I don't care to chronicle my days. I'd have to see the value in actually going back and reading it to think it's worth it.

This thread got me interested. What sort of things do you guys write?

Why not start now?

Yes. I have a diary I've kept since middle school, but I seldom write in it. I have writing journals as well, but in recent years I've neglected them.

It can be very useful in helping you channel and focus your thoughts. Being forced to put what you're thinking about down onto paper will really help you actually realize what may be bothering you or whatever.

somehow still have this thread open

I already did, just a few days ago and got a few pages filled in
would love to have started earlier but nothing to do about it now but write

I use something similar to that popular "bullet journal" thing.
It acts as my calendar, to-do list, diary and quick notebook.

I absolutely need the calendar/to-do part, I am very unorganized and forgetful otherwise. Making random notes and such is also great.

As for the diary part, I don't always write it. I do it like, once a week, sometimes every day, sometimes even less. It is pretty good this way, I often end up reading my old entries and remembering things or thoughts that I might've never recalled otherwise.

Aye thanks man I'm going for german and I'll start writing a journal daily. Maybe I can start writing in german, that would be hype as fuck!

Checked. Very nice. I like the idea of keeping a journal in a different language, I may start one in Spanish so I don't lose it entirely.

I'm gonna start one tomorrow. Should I write it on Word or buy a physical journal?

physical, no ifs or buts
writing it on the computer feels much less tangible and real so you don't feel as rewarded for doing it
especially going through the dozens of pages you've written is a great feeling compared to seeing 100kb as opposed to 20kb filesize

in addition sitting down and grabbing the pen makes it much more special and intimate

I only do when I'm travelling for extended periods, but I should really do it more desu. Been on my to do list for YEARS.

It's very revealing, in a good way; kinda therapeutic.

I was keeping a dream diary off and on for a few months at a time from early 2011 to late 2014. Haven't felt motivated to write more because writing down dreams is the most tedious exercise in existence. It only starts to feel worth it after you've written a bunch down and can look back on them, weeding through all the banal crap for the interesting nuggets. It gives me a good idea of where my mind was at the time.