Ever eat this? I've come across two cans of it, what do you think of it? Had you ever eaten it...

Ever eat this? I've come across two cans of it, what do you think of it? Had you ever eaten it? What canned foods do you eat?

Campbells Chunky Beef Stew and New England Clam Chowder

and pic related.

I've had that. Add velveeta for a bitchin white trash queso dip.

god-tier for eating straight from the can cowboy style

>New England Clam Chowder
There is a can of this as well but I hadn't considered it, how odd that you mention it.

How is this? What is it like? I feel like canned clams sounds like a funky idea

Add some fried onions and tomatoes and it becomes a lot more palatable.

>with beans

Fucken pitiful ain't it. That shit ain't chili.

>9066548
Just had some Stagg Silverado over tater tots with shredded cheese and diced green onion, it was pretty yummy for a lazy meal.

As far as other canned goods, it's mostly replacements for things that I don't have time for or are better than the fresh I can get. I'll do canned corn when fresh corn is out of season. Canned tomatoes almost always feel better than store bought (not a lot of farmers markets around), and I'll also go for some soups (french onion, cream of mushroom), etc.

It's not too crazy. I make spaghetti and clams every couple weeks, and I'll use canned clams for it. Get a decent brand.

What does clam chowder taste like

This shit is terrible for you, but damn if it isn't one of the most filling and delicious things I've ever eaten

Someone stop me before I destroy every artery in my body

Fucking this. Hormel is great on hotdogs cowboy style. but only the kind without beans. Otherwise it's the wrong texture.

Eating this with some pork spareribs. It's my first time cooking cross cut spareribs but I'm gonna simmer them for an hour, then bake them. Thinking about using the broiler since I don't have a bbq.

Hell yeah, baked beans are awesome with ribs. Maybe you could skip the simmer and braise them instead, low and slow in the simmering liquid for 2-3 hours. Then slap them on a rack and finish them with the broiler to get some color on them. That'd be great.

Eh.. salty. This is really one of those things where it'd be much better to male yourself. The consistency of the soup broth is a bit off too.

it's one of my favorite comfy foods

>with beans

has cambells changed the clam chowder formula recently? it seems more bland and less thick.

like heavy cream and clam juice. Two things you dont think would go together but blend pretty well with the other ingredients.

Protip: use whole quahogs if you are making it yourself, once the large bellies dissolve into the mix it really improves the texture and flavor.

>with Beans

Tomato paste
Progresso white clam pasta sauce
Beer

Im pretty sure cowboys would call you a faggot the second you mention texture.

My mom used to make a pretty tasty dip with this junk.

Layer chili, cream cheese and cheddar. Melt in oven, eat with tortilla chips. Total garbage sodium bomb but its nostalgic.

Like coming home from a harsh day at sea off the Maine coast in February and being wrapped in a warm blanket. Oh and oyster crackers.

Manhattan kind doesn't count. New England only.

One can of the chili and one package of philly cream cheese microwaved in a bowl then stir it real good. My mom got that from an old Better Home & Gardens magazine. Its the bomb.

What's wrong with beans in chili

It doesn't need to be all meat you fat fucks, a little vegetable protein isn't going to kill you

I have no problems with beans in chili, but in canned shit they use way too many as filler, fucks up the texture and makes it just like eating beans in sauce, very dry and not great mouthfeel

I prefer Hormel because my name is Mel and Im a whore

>With beans
Its shit, theres basically no meat in it at all and the meat that is there is terrible quality. The same stuff without beans is perfect.

>beans
>cowboy style

I've got nothing against hot dog sauce, but quit calling it chili.

>tfw can't buy canned chili where i'm from
I just want to eat delicious chili on the cheap!

wolf brand chili is the GOAT canned chili

I've eaten it during times that I am hard up for money. It's very bland and you'd better have some seasonings on hand in order to make it more palatable.

Bushs vegetarian beans are the best

they're tangier and more flavorful than the classic kind

LOL

that shit tastes like dogfood
yet i love it