Make a few million of these

>Make a few million of these
>Hook them up to generators
>Infinite clean energy

How/why would this not be possible?

They would cancel each other out. Also, anything using a magnet would eventually wear the magnet out.

How would they cancel each other out?

Because they do

Try it with some cheap magnets and see for yourself.

The ferrous magnetism is a trait of the metal, like gold looking gold coloured - why would it deprecate? If so why not just get more magnets?

Also I see no logical reason why this machine wouldn't work with powerful magnets. Maybe if one magnet was a little stronger than the other they wouldn't cancel out?

If the magnets weren't attached it would work but magnets can wear out and lose their magnetism, not infinite energy, but seriously its a good experiment. Set this up on a small fan at home and test it. It's the best way to prove it.

It just needs some subsidy and we finally have 100% clean energy thanks to a shitpost on Veeky Forums.

shut it down boys op solved energy crisis

The magnet pulls on the metal as hard as the metal pulls on the magnet. Newton's third law.

Good ol troll physics

What if you put a magnet on a pole then have one of the opposite polarity on the fan blade so it pushes it?

And we have a winner
/thread

If the fan can only go one way would that make any difference?

great you have three forces, two of them cancel out, and the other is a normal force

>How would they cancel each other out?
Flawlessly.

Wait, did you mean we should generate power by creating a series of really dank memes? Because THAT might work.

>How/why would this not be possible?
What are newtons laws?

I tried a similar thing, where I taped a magnet in front of a car when I was 5, it did not work.

I'd love to see the news react to Veeky Forums ushering in clean meme-power.

>18 replies
time to delete Veeky Forums

With great precision and effort.

you better patent your idea OP, you'll be a rich man!

Hello '07! It's been a while!

the magnet will push the blade away, but it itself will be pushed away by the blade with that same amount of force of the same type. Newtons first law or whatever it is.

never mind someone already answered this
i didn't think someone else would bother

This will only work with DARK magnets

Learn basic mechanics.