Want to fully appreciate the western canon

>want to fully appreciate the western canon
>finally get around to reading the Bible
>it's nothing but a bunch of autistic lists and Jewish trickery
How in the fuck did this tripe create the dominate world order? I'm genuinely confused as there's nothing even remotely compelling about this shit.

>Jewish tickery
Are you redpilled as well?

These literary tricks were much more effective back then.

They are Jews and they do trick people, don't be so mad at /pol/ that you turn into a retard.

I'm redpilled as well, moron

>implying

Nice try, m8. Actually read it

Because that fucker Constantine was a populist

Constantine saw a cross in the sky and so converted the world into Christianity. Truly a blessed individual.

he was redpilled as fuck

"Faith" runs deep my friend. In the context of this conversation, I think we can equivocate it with "ideology," and for that I'll refer you to Solzhenitsyn (though the scope of his arguments do not contain this uber-ideology).

New Testament is far better than the Old in terms of writing

What are you considering "writing?" Are you referring to the prose or what?

yes
there are exceptions since the quality varies a lot within both works but in general the New Testament is written better, especially Matthew and the writings of Paul

They are equally redpilled

I intuitively agree with you, but I think if we are going for literary content (which would include prose), I can't really see anything better than Ecclesiastes for my money. But after re-reading the Pentatuch, while it defintiely took more analysis than I'm willing to bet most readers are willing to put into it, I think the Old Testament writers (or, compilers, to be more accurate) were onto some pretty fantastic stuff. And there's plenty of analogous in Western writers who were heavily influenced by Hebrew-translated stuff that makes for some relentless prose. Then again, I guess I can't really speak as concerns prose because I've only read translations, and miss whatever implicit beauty there is in the pure sound of the original.

Are there any bibles still printed in koiné

In hoc signo vinces.

The greatest book of Scripture is Romans, IMO.

Job, m8

Historically, I can give you that. Though I think an equal argument could be made for Revelations given all the post-Reformation sects that were formed around it. And honestly I've always thought that if serious theologians would have paid it any serious mind way back when it's potential for influence would have been far greater than a bunch of redneck spiritualists capitalizing on it's mysticism.

the point about translations is fair
Matthew is supposedly written in pretty shoddy Greek while the translations reveal a great work

The Bible is the most beautiful piece of literature ever created by man

Yes. The current scholarly edition is the 28th ed. Nestle-Aland text, which is published under the title Biblia Graeca: Novum Testamentum Graece. The Koine Greek translation of the Old Testament, known as the Septuagint, is published under the title Biblia Graeca: Septuaginta.

>reading the old testament
shiggy
just skip to revalation

e

That's deep, man.

>reading a book
>not starting at the first chapter
now this is what I call autism

Ty

how blue-pilled can you get that you adopt an Abrahamic religion as the official theological canon of the Roman Empire

fucking normie reeeeee

skip the old testament it's not really the Bible

Christians made up about 5% of the empire in his time.

>he read the iliad without the lists
pleb as fucking cheap whore behind a bar

>better than Ecclesiastes
hell no, except maybe John's Revelation

Saul ruined Christianity