Going to get a tattoo on my arm next week, wanting to get a Veeky Forums tier quote but not too sure on what to get

Going to get a tattoo on my arm next week, wanting to get a Veeky Forums tier quote but not too sure on what to get

Suggest something for an user to sport for the rest of his life

Only two tattoos remained, one if you counted this one.

Au milieu de l'hiver, j'apprenais enfin qu'il y avait en moi un été invincible

>there's shit on my dick, shit that won't come off in this lifetime
no thanks

If you don't know French at least at a beginner's level, you shouldn't be on this board tbqh

English is the only language an ET would need.

holy... i want more...

anything by David Foster Wallace

>"You will become way less concerned with what other people think of you when you realize how seldom they do.”

>"I do things like get in a taxi and say, ‘The library, and step on it."

>The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you."

I made an effortpost reply to the last version of this thread, but no one (You)d me. I'll say that if you insist on getting a tattoo don't have it be text. Putting aside the fact that "literary" tattoos almost always look like garbage (not least because flexible skin and muscle ruin typography), it's comically tasteless to tattoo a slogan on yourself and wear it as an object of petit-bourgeois fashion. If you strongly felt that there was some particular quote that you wanted to have forever on your body as a tacky synecdoche for your favorite book, I could hardly discourage you, but the fact that you're asking Veeky Forums for suggestions makes it seem pretty cut-and-dry. Just get something else.

>"Everything is beautiful, and nothing hurts"
Simple and clean

What you call insanity, it's just a prison in your minds that stops you from seeing that you're just tiny little cogs in a giant absurd machine.

Nice and short

wew

>Going to get a tattoo on my arm next week
>not too sure on what to get
Are you actually retarded?

While I completely agree with your statement, there's no harm in asking people with similar passions for a suggestion. The quotes that stay with us for a life time we hear from people, books, films, etc. I certainly won't bother with underestimating the profundity of words any user has to offer, esp when you consider just how many people have turned away from suicide over the advice of some few anonymous posters

Is he saying he became invincible on winter?

'In the midst of winter, I found within me, an invincible summer'

you just trolled dude

>La vie est la farce à mener par tous.
As a face tattoo.

>Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
As an ass tattoo.

>wie ein Hund
Just under your left nipple.

>we must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children

Qualis artifex pereo!

The modern man who tattoos himself is a criminal or a degenerate. There are prisons in which eighty per cent of the prisoners are tattooed. Tattooed men who are not behind bars are either latent criminals or degenerate aristocrats. If someone who is tattooed dies in freedom, then he does so a few years before he would have committed murder.

Just came here to post this. 5 minutes too late

What is it from?

Ornament and Crime - Adolf Loos

what about the hipsters?

wannabe degenerate aristocrats

Ornament and crime

We remember what we want to forget and forget what we want to remember.

we don't know you good enough to know what quote might be relevant to you.

just wanted to let you know that tattoos have a tendency to create distance. my bf has a few tattoos and i noticed that if i look at his naked body, the eyes tend to look at the tattoos instead of him. that's pretty sad. i think that's what people mean when they say that tattoos are a sign of insecurity. you give people something to look at since you are scared of not being able to face their glances unshielded. this way you can distract them from you. you basically hide behind them.

it just occured to me that i also have a tendency to trace them with my fingers. so they also influence how i touch him... that's pretty creepy

When you get a white A4 sheet of paper and draw a dot in the middle, where do your eyes look? Fucking retard

>wanting to get a Veeky Forums tier quote

my diary desu

there

If you want a Veeky Forums tat tier make sure it's a misquotation from a meme book you haven't actually read.

I feel like if you know you're getting a tattoo before you know what it is, you probably didn't need a tattoo.

I got you OP:

~ THE BEST SHIP IS FRIENDSHIP ~

Cheers anons.

Don't get it on your forearm, just don't. Make sure a t-shirt can cover it.