Does the american honestly look at this, something that is clearly a chicken burger, and call it a sandwich? why?

does the american honestly look at this, something that is clearly a chicken burger, and call it a sandwich? why?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburg_steak
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because burgers are made from ground up shit formed into a patty. If that was a chicken patty, and not a whole piece of fried chicken, it would be a chicken burger and not a chicken sandwich.

Will that assuage your obsession for the next hour?

>Because burgers are made from ground up shit formed into a patty
that's not my definition of a burger. explain WHY that is your definition of a burger.

>and call it a sandwich? why?

1) "Burger" implies the patty is made from mince. That doesn't look like mince so it's not a burger.

2) Even if it was a burger it would still be a sandwich. All burgers are sandwiches, but not all sandwiches are burgers. Just like squares and rectangles, one is a subset of the other.

>explain WHY that is your definition of a burger

Because I'm a native English speaker...

>1) "Burger" implies the patty is made from mince
no it doesn't. see above.
>2) Even if it was a burger it would still be a sandwich. All burgers are sandwiches
debatable. it's obviously closer to a 'hamburger' than it is to a pb&j. so why call it a sandwich when there's a better word for it?

yes, me too.

Your poor punctuation would argue otherwise.

>yes, me too.

Yeah, sure buddy. Whatever you say.

>so why call it a sandwich when there's a better word for it?

I agree. But we aren't discussing what people commonly call it, we're talking about what they actually are.

Asking "is X a sandwich?" is a totally different question than asking "what do you call X?".

O B S E S S E D

O B E S E

>explain WHY that is your definition of a burger

Because that's how the term has been used by those around me throughout my 38 years of life.

I suspect the logic goes like this:
>hamburgers are made in countless variations of toppings, type of bread, condiments, etc. But the one constant is that a hamburger always contains a patty made from minced beef
>therefore other sorts of "burgers" like chicken burgers, turkey burgers, bison burgers, etc, would be made in a similar manner--with minced meat.
>Thus a turkey burger contains a patty made from minced turkey, a bison burger has a patty made from bison mince, and so on.

>no it doesn't. see above.
Above says it is made from minced meat too.
And I agree.

Because Americans just HAVE to be different.
It doesn't even matter if it makes sense.
They've got to be different to everyone else.

I agree with this sentiment, but if that's true then what about the McRib? It's clearly not actual boneless ribs but we still refer to it as the McRib Sandwich.

Because burgers are a fucking variation of a dish called a hamburg steak which is a ground beef patty. Have you never heard of this before? Have you ever heard of Hamburg Germany? Without the meat being ground it is no longer in the style of a hamburg steak and is NOT a fucking burger idiot. It is a sandwich. Are you going to argue that a sub sandwich is a burger? how about a blt? is that a burger?

>hamburg steak
Here you go retards. And don't cry about wikipedia as a source.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburg_steak

The first "burger" as we would call it was arguably served at Louis Lunch in Connecticut in 1900 I believe.

Many others claim to be the creator of the hamburger, including Charlie Nagreen, brothers Frank and Charles Menches, Oscar Weber Bilby, and Fletcher Davis.[14][15] White Castle traces the origin of the hamburger to Hamburg, Germany with its invention by Otto Kuase.[16] However, it gained national recognition at the 1904 St. Louis World's Fair when the New York Tribune namelessly attributed the hamburger as "the innovation of a food vendor on the pike."[15]

In 2000, the Library of Congress recognized Louis' Lunch as the creator of the hamburger after being backed by United States Representative Rosa L. DeLauro.[17] The Library of Congress stated that Louis Lassen sold the first hamburger and steak sandwich in the U.S. in 1900.[18][19] New York magazine states, "The dish actually had no name until some rowdy sailors from Hamburg named the meat on a bun after themselves years later," noting also that this claim is subject to dispute.

Nigga shut the fuck up.

It's on a sandwich roll, not a hamburger bun.

it is fucking mental and braindead that Australians and Brits think that "burger" refers to the kind of roll it is on. The fucking first hamburger invented was served on regular sliced toast. It makes no sense, someone from one of these countries please tell me.

A burger is a sandwich, however a sandwich isn't a burger.

this meme sucks, burgers have groundbeef patties dumbfuck europoors.

Dialects

mind: shattered

The Earl of Sandwich played a lot of poker. He needed a food he could eat during his games. FIGURE IT OUT. It's like talking to human moss these days.

If Captcha can call this a sandwich, then chicken sandwiches can be sandwiches too

hot pockets?

Same reason Americans talk about "pop".

Don't talk shit about pop bro, pop is delicious

It's not about the bun. It's because it's hot and has a large chunk of meat. Cold, thin layers of meat = sandwich. Hot, thick meat = burger.

then i got a burger for you right here

Burger is a subcategory of sandwich

OP got BTFO for being a stupid fucking nigger

Any mass of solid object between burger buns is a burger

>rectangles and squares
>one is a subset

Are you retarded? They're two different shapes fucktard.

Heh

>no it doesn't. see above.
Yes it does you mong.