Should I be concerned currently 19 using cannabis every so often. Is it changing me as a person??

Should I be concerned currently 19 using cannabis every so often. Is it changing me as a person??

Other urls found in this thread:

journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0269881115622241
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes, stop it with the cannabis. Heavy use causes decreased motivation, working memory etc.

Quick google research.
>Marijuana these days can cause changes in the brain that impair learning, especially in teenagers as their brains have not finished developing. Brains are not fully developed until the age of 25 or 26. Chronic marijuana use can lead to changes in both personality, judgment, and reasoning skills.

>Should I be concerned currently 19 using cannabis every so often. Is it changing me as a person??
Yes.

Thanks God I don't live in Shartland and there's no widespread use of marijuana here.

First off I said every so often. In a sitting I might have .1g so you can assume I get about 20mg which I don't usually I hit it once and then there is always thc lost in conversion. Sometimes I even go a month without using it I don't use it everyday by any means.

there's been plenty of studies. people that use marijuana frequently get significantly lower grades

The brain never stops developing. Some peoples' brains and bodies even develop faster than others. Imagine that.

Better get your NAD infusion, Johnny. In all these years Plank hasn't spoken a word to anyone but you.

>Should I be concerned
Yes
>Is it changing me
Yes

Shartland?

22 here been smoking hard dailey since 17

Stay away from weed, its not worth it, it fucks you up

United States

Why do they call it shartland?

Retaliation against /pol/ stereotypes about Indians being unwilling to use toilets by using the common occurrence of American children defecating inside Walmarts.

absolutely not.

was smoking weed daily, never during the day, but still, from 21/22 to 24/25, on and off before, hardly since (avoiding legal repercussions). i feel that if anything, it helped me develop in a direction i wanted to go but otherwise couldn't. well, for part of it, for others it did surely hold me back, which is why i eventually stopped. nonetheless, i wouldn't miss the experience.

the studies find "changes in the brain", which isn't saying a lot. changes in coginitive faculties have been found to return to prior states, leaving heavy use over decades aside.

overall, to me, this is a question of what makes you happy in life. if perfect grades are what does it for you, weed probably isn't your thing. if some horizont and additional contemplation do, maybe more so.

be wary of people preaching one way or the other, though. also be wary of smoking weed becoming an integral - or the only - part of your day. that is, as with anything, not healthy.

i smoked weed like 6 times when i was teen am i retarded now

>Is it changing me as a person??
You Brain will degenerate faster than your Body.

Slowly but Steady path to become Brain Dead.

If you wanna be a scientist or a engineer I recommend to stop it now before you become too heavily addicted.

>actual widespread problem vs stupid meme made up by asshurt pajeets

Yes, it is permanently lowering your IQ and increasing your likelihood of developing severe mental illness. Anyone who smokes weed before their brain has finished developing (around age 25) is a moron who should be sterilized and then executed.

>being a druggie
>2017

Do you also chew tobacco and use leeches for medical treatment?

Depends on what exactly is "every so often". I smoke once a month or once a couple of months and I feel like it's a good way to unwind.

Beats being born mentally ill like you were.

The human brain on adverage isn't done developing untill 25 years of age. I'd stay away from it untill you're at least 20-21.. if you really want to play it safe wait until 25. But life is about taking chances and having fun, so just be sure not to do it often or regularly until you feel sure.

t. brainlet much dumber than he would've been if he never smoked weed

Is there any drug that a teen could take that would improve the formation of his brain before his brain fully develops?

What if you were to take testosterone before the age of 25? Would your brain become more manly because of it?

How often is "every so often"?

It's too late. I only smoked for 6 month, maybe twice a month. Never been the same since.

Yeah, you're fucked if you try it before 20. Sorry, OP. Better luck next time.

Marijuana is as bad as any drug, retard. You fell for the memes.

So I fell for the meme meme?

Indians?

Did you mean poo's?

Dude. You're 19. You're perpetually changing as a person at this time of your life. Your question is dumb.

>smoked lots of weed
>makes a brainlet post

Don't trust disinformation about what it does to your brain...

Make sure you take some amphetamines sometimes and some mushrooms/acid regulary, it somehow makes shrinkage into axon growth.

>executed and sterilized

maybe you're the
moron here.

Anecdotally - cannabis is fine if you are giving your brain major workouts.

Maybe I would do even better without it.

(I smoke at night ONLY)

same here user. PhD program right out of undergrad, smoked weed pretty much every day of undergrad, but only at nights/when everything was done. I also do not procrastinate studying though. The people who go to uni stoned are complete morons though

What the fuck are D and HD supposed to mean?

ANyways OP don't do it everyday. I did and got straight A's for three years but now I am a complete fuck-up anyways can't get a job because I can't pass a drug test. You definitely can develop a dependence that is hard to break.

I know though.

Right though?

Bro..though, yeah though?

No. Dunedin longitudinal study found smoking marijuana in any quantity after the age of 18 has no permanent effects

ok. no one knows i smoke, it's the one secret in my life. Im not some "dude weed" lol

Distinction and High Distinction

Link?

can you not say you lived in colorado or something?

i blaze it every night and i make 120k a year as an engineer

i can coast off experience for the rest of my career so fuck it if i lose some analytical ability.

I could get a med card maybe. I think there is some lawsuit going on so they won't be able to fire someone for smoking if they are a patient. Other option is working in a weed lab

i just find it surprising. Research labs dont really drug test at my school because tons of people come from states where it's legal recreationally

virtually no tech company piss tests its white collar workers. the only ones who have to do that shit are the tradie plebs.

it makes sense, the risk of fucking up and severely injuring someone are much higher in the trade guys than white collar workers.

Google has beer

I've been more addicted to it than just about everyone.
Only positives are its a gateway to psychedelics and the intellectual places being dislocated from my feelings and actions weed brought me to.
Don't do it. Certain people are prone to serious psychological dysfunction on the pot

your brain regenerates after a while

this is super oversimplified, it does not regenerate over time, but neural growth is not static like previously thought, there is some regeneration, but if you have a stroke, you're not going to regenerate that part of the brain. it's for minor minor damage

Weed makes you dumb confirmed

Give him a break though

>it's for minor minor damage
Do you think that over the years with intense training you could perhaps make yourself more intelligent with this function?

Poo in the loo pajeet.

>merican children
You mean americans in general. Don't deny it sharters. Also, the fuck do you mean
>Retaliation against /pol/ stereotypes about Indians being unwilling to use toilets
it's just a random meme, has nothing to do with it. Both memes come from /int/ and are far more popular there anyway.

Im pretty sure twin studies proved all these I studies to be false. It does change the brains structure though.

Iq*

no. It repairs, it doesnt create. to become more intelligent you need higher neuron density, which is controlled by hormones during the embryonic development stage. up until the brain is fully developed those neurons are present, just making the most important connections they need to, which some drugs can effect

>The brain never stops developing. Some peoples' brains and bodies even develop faster than others. Imagine that.

That just means its always harmful to smoke marijuana

>tfw I smoked weed since I was 14 and got into oxford effortlessly
must suck to be a brainlet

You fell for the 'government doesn't want you to take the amazing drug that opens your eyes, dude, that's why it's illegal' meme.

>illiterate
>thinks smoking weed did him no harm
>lies about his achievements because he has none

Typical DUDE 420 LMAO retard detected.

>Veeky Forumstards exaggerating effects of cannabis on cognition to make pothead feel like degenerate
>Not acknowledging that cannabis, has marginal if not no effect on neurological development when isolated from other causes of change in development (source: journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0269881115622241
Typical retards. Veeky Forums is a board of pseudo intellectual children.

most people here are not actually in college. 50% highschool, 30% undergrad, 10% graduates, 1% post doctoral research, 9% /pol/ shitstirrers

But what about this:
Is he dude weed lmao no evidence?

>not getting 100 in every unit

>9% /pol/ shitstirrers
closer to 90% would be more accurate

Who is better off, a person with an IQ of 140 who casually uses marijuana, or a person with an IQ of 110 who does not?

The latter, because the former gets thrown out of a helicopter

Fuck off /pol/ brainlet

"Every so often" could mean just every other month or every morning. One bowl a day is fine, more than that and you end up fucked up. Your mind wont even be a peoblem, but more than a bowl a day and you're spending $5000+ on weed a year. Just be fucking responsible and do your drugs in moderation on the weekend.

140 iq is so incredible that pot wont make a difference.

I go through a $70 q in ~ 2 months, smoking only at night time every 2nd day.

>exactly $420 spent on weed a year

>implying correlation = causation
>on Veeky Forums
You should be b&