The only philosophers I like are Schopenhauer and Nietzsche. All the other philosophers I have read are boring

The only philosophers I like are Schopenhauer and Nietzsche. All the other philosophers I have read are boring.

Is there anything that separates these two from the others? I am trying to determine which branches of philosophy I should focus on.

Who all have you read if those are the only ones you like?

They are probably the two philosophers with more literary talent.

Read Cioran.

Have you guys read 'On Women'? Fucking changed my life. Arguably the best piece of philosophy ever conceived.

fuck this meme

read some bell hooks dumbass

this. we NEED to get all of this absolute /pol9k/ cancer off are board. it cannot be tolerated.

Peter Abelard, al-Fārābi (Alfarabius), al-Ghazālī (Algazel), al-Kindī (Alkindus), Albertus de Saxonia, Albertus Magnus, Jean d'Alembert, William Alston, Anaxagoras of Clazomenae, Anaximander of Miletus, Anaximenes of Miletus, Elizabeth Anscombe, Anselm of Canterbury, Apollonius of Tyana, Kwame Anthony Apiah, Thomas Aquinas, Aristotle, Antoine Arnauld, Augustine of Hippo, J.L. Austin, Averroës, Avicenna, A.J. Ayer, Francis Bacon, Roger Bacon, Pierre Bayle, Jeremy Bentham, George Berkeley, Isaiah Berlin, Anicius Boethius, Jacob Böhme, F.H. Bradley, C.D. Broad, Thomas Browne, Jean Buridan, Edmund Burke, Joseph Butler, Girolamo Cardano, Rudolf Carnap, Alonzo Church, Catharine Cockburn, R.G. Collingwood, Auguste Comte, Anne Conway, Ralph Cudworth, Donald Davidson, Democritus of Abdera, René Descartes, John Dewey, Denis Diderot, Diogenes of Sinope, Charles Dodgson (Lewis Carroll), Michael Dummett, John Duns Scotus, R.W Emerson, Epictetus, Epicurus, John Scotus Erigena, Gareth Evans, Feng Youlan, Paul Feyerabend, Johann Fichte, Philippa Foot, Bas van Fraassen, Gottlob Frege, R. Buckminster Fuller, Pierre Gassendi, Ernest Gellner, Nelson Goodman, Gregory of Nyssa, Robert Grosseteste, Susan Haack, Han Fei-zi, R.M. Hare, Friedrich Hayek, G.W.F. Hegel, Martin Heidegger, Hippocrates of Chios, Thomas Hobbes, Ted Honderich, David Hume, Edmund Husserl, Hypatia of Alexandria, Allama Iqbal, William James, Immanuel Kant, Soren Kierkegaard, Christine Korsgaard, Saul Kripke, T.S. Kuhn, Confucius, Imre Lakato, Lao-zi, Gottfried Leibniz, David Lewis, Alain Locke, John Locke, Peter Lombard, Bernard Lonergan, Lucretius, Ernst Mach, Niccolò Machiavelli, John McDowell, J.L. Mackie, John Macmurray, J.E. McTaggart, Moses ben Maimon (Maimonides), Nicolas Malebranche, Ernst Mally, Ruth Barcan Marcus, Harriet Martineau, Damaris Masham, Alexius von Meinong, Meng-zi (Mencius), Marin Mersenne, J.O. de la Mettrie, Mary Midgley, H.T. Mill, J.S. Mill, Mo-zi, Montaigne, Baron de Montesquieu, G.E. Moore, Thomas Nagel, Nāgārjuna, Nicholas of Autrecourt, Nicholas of Cusa, Jean Nicod, Robert Nozick, William of Ockham, Parmenides, Blaise Pascal, C.S. Peirce, Philo of Alexandria, Alvin Plantinga, Plato, Plotinus, Protagoras of Abdera, Karl Popper, A.N. Prior, Hilary Putnam, Pyrrho of Elis, Pythagoras of Samos, W.v.O. Quine, Sarvepali Radhakrishnan, Rāmānuja, John Rawls, Thomas Reid, Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Bertrand Russell, Gilbert Ryle, Adi Śańkara, Jean-Paul Sartre, Alfred Schütz, J.R. Searle, Wilfrid Sellars, Sextus Empiricus, Henry Sidgwick, Peter Singer, Socrates, Baruch Spinoza, L. Susan Stebbing, P.F. Strawson, Francisco Suárez, Thalēs of Miletus, Judith Jarvis Thomson, Alan Turing, Pierre-Marie Ventre, Giambattista Vico, Voltaire, Wang Ch'ung, Wang Fu-zi (Wang Ch'uan-shan), Simone Weil, Lady Welby-Gregory, A.N. Whitehead, Bernard Williams, Ludwig Wittgenstein, Mary Wollstonecraft, Chauncey Wright, Xun-zi (Xun Kuang), Zeno of Elea, Zeno of Kition

I feel like its just one guy though, I've only seen it in a couple threads recently and it was all in the same writing style.

can i suck your dick

i want to suck your dick

please

>Implying

This, plus check out the French moralists.

I suggest Clément Rosset

I think over the past few months is been a small group of "friends" in a high school class. Probably three losers who can't actually have a conversation with each other, let alone get on with literally anybody else in the school.

read nick land faget

1/ read the Dao De Jing
2/ compare all available translations
3/ ????
4/ profit

The characteristic that distinguishes Schopenhauer and Nietzsche is that they are so engaging as writers that, when reading them, the reader feels like he has just received some life-changing message even if he hasn't actually understood what they meant. For this reason they are usually the favorites of people who haven't taken the time to really understand philosophy. If you really understood, you would find a lot of exciting stuff in other philosophers' work as well.

This.
I doubt you've read half of these guys themselves.

I don't remember where I heard/read this, but I thought it was the most accurate description of the experience of reading Kierkegaard, quoted a peu pres:
>one of the most difficult, as well as the most rewarding

I would hate to be this insecure.

You are not the original memester, the picture is missing you fucking fraud.

Cute

The only three you'll ever need
>Schopenhauer
>Nietzsche
>Hitler

but you should add Spengler, Jung, and some others for a wider understanding.

>William of Occam
>Philosopher
heh

Schopenhauer is the only philosopher. The only thing to do now is find interesting ways his writings were affirmed since his time

>Socrates
lol wut?

Read Baltasar Gracian