So which bible does Veeky Forums recommend for its literary value? King James or regular version...

So which bible does Veeky Forums recommend for its literary value? King James or regular version? And if KJV where can u find a good copy?

NASB, anything else is just too archaic

King James Version is what I'm reading right now in preparation for Dante's Inferno

You can get a free KJV from the Mormons but it'll probably be delivered by a missionary looking to convert you

you could probably head to most any church and get a bible for free if you ask, though it could be ESV or NIV, and will probably have small print

the bible is literally the easiest book to find for free

pidgin bible

NAB or NASB works best

>regular version
what?

For almost any translation, you can use online Bibles. Bible.com has a decent android app and an "okay" windows app. You download the versions you need to read offline.

One that is in koine. Or septuagint

If that's your plan, you'd be better served reading a Catholic Bible (especially Douay-Rheims)

Have multiple versions to read and compare for better understanding

This

Daily reminder that the Protestant Bible is missing 7 books.

NRSV

Knox translation is by far the best translation I've read. It was translated with the goal of creating a Bible as if it had been written by a native English speaker.

>God, at the beginning of time, created heaven and earth. Earth was still an empty waste, and darkness hung over the deep; but already, over its waters, stirred the breath of God. Then God said, Let there be light; and the light began.

If you read the bible you are straight
If you read the bible you are CIS
If you read the bible you are white
If you read the bible you are fascist
If you read the bible you are my enemy

>tfw iq is too low to understand the bible because of the way it's written

Is there a bible that's easier to read?

The King James translation is a necessary read just for its literary value.

The KJV is the version that English-canon writers tended to use after that point, especially once Latin proficiency dipped, and they were no longer thumbing through Jerome's vulgate whenever they needed a handy quote or reference.

The KJV is a massive and significant literary work on its own. The language is often antiquated, but that's nothing a glossary can't solve.

The most affordable version is probably one of the Oxford World Classics editions, which include the Apocrypha. I got one used for $5 a while ago.

It's already easy to read. And you just have to persevere through the boring parts of it. And it may take you a while. And you may get sleepy. And one day you'll finish it, though.

New King James Version my friend

Latin Vulgate or bust

Lattimore_newtestament.jpg

Oxford edition with apocrypha!