Is Cursive Emasculating for guys?

I have always wondered if cursive is going the way of the fedora except for when dealing with older people and rigid corporate culture

how often do you practice cursive

should we devise a new formal handwriting style?

is interpersonal formalities all just bullshit for cucks?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oPBooPu28QY
youtube.com/watch?v=uKl3Q8kjfb8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who wants Arabic master race ?

no, just english language cursive is for cucks

there is no beauty in english, no passion, no emotion

how does it feel, women loose their minds over us and our deep and beautiful writing

its so much more artistic

Why does the title have nothing to do with the rest of the post?

Word processing killed cursive obviously.

Who gives a fuck? Caring about whether or not your handwriting is perceived as feminine is one of the most beta things I've read in weeks

Despite you being a cunt, I'm inclined to agree. English lacks passion even verbally

Veeky Forums is getting dumber and dumber these days

English has its advantages, like it's insanely large vocabulary size made of words from multiple linguistic groups.

*sucks sand nigger dick*
Mmmmmm... refreshing...

You could say the same about modern Japanese and modern Japanese is butchered and offensive to all parties involved

>English lacks passion

What does this even mean?

this.

I randomly started writing in cursive again a few weeks ago for my notes. I find it's actually much faster than writing in print.

Not to mention it's extremely elegant. You don't have a problem with men being elegant, do you, OP?

>implying saxon isn't the most awesome language ever

Cursive is faggot shit. There hasn't been a practical reason to use it ever since we stopped using fountain pens. It's like using a tub to wash your clothes.

If you need to write by hand for whatever reason, cursive is superior to print. It's faster and is less straining.

Maybe if you're a faggot I can see where you might need to do that

It's faster than autistically printing like an eight year old, what's the problem spud

I never stopped writing in cursive. It's handy as fuck. I'm faster at typing these days but cursive is still essential for when I'm making notes.

Fountain pens are the master race of handwriting tools.

That's not mechanical pencil

Too bad 90% of paper isn't made for them. The fact that I can't write marginalia and have to order specific paper online makes fountain pens useless in most situations.

I write in cursive for myself, and print when I know someone else will be reading it.

I rarely see English speakers talk with the energy that Arabs or Japs or even other Aryan language speakers mostly do.
English just seems to lend itself to monotones. Feels flat.

Interestingly, if you try to write faster than you can print, cursive comes naturally

I think that is within the culture of the language, not the language itself. People would always compliment me on how great my voice and speaking style is, but all I do is speak with a lot of emotion, my voice is nasally low with a weird high pitch resonance, but since I speak with emotion and yell a lot people like hearing me talk.

youtube.com/watch?v=oPBooPu28QY

Also Oswald Mosely.

It's not the language, it's the temperament of the people. English developed in a place that's dark, cold, damp, rainy, and drab. Listen to folk music and see how well suited English is to this atmosphere:
youtube.com/watch?v=uKl3Q8kjfb8

English speakers usually talk with "intensity" rather than with "energy." There's a reason a "passionate" speaker with English tends to shake their voice as they do.

I don't know about the other languages, but Japanese has a pitch accent, so the tone of voice will go up on certain syllables, rather than stressing them, as in English. That may be what you are hearing.

why are guys so fucking pathetic about their masculinity. Oh, is rose gold gay? Oh, is liking Frozen gay, oh, is WRITING CURSIVE GAY?

How the fuck else are you meant to write?

Printing each letter individually? You're an adult, not some dyslexic ten year old.

Not ur soapbox

English used to be printed, see:

You're not an Anglo-Saxon monk living in a thatched roundhouse with one toilet no beds and only a Bible to keep you company while you autistically, meticulously write out the only thing that keeps you going at a pace of three words a day.

That isn't a good example, as it is a hand-copied book, intended to be read by others. It is not representative of normal handwriting.

Women will never get it. The world is untenable to the vast majority of non-masculine men. They don't know what it's like to live in a world that's completely uncaring, with no one to help or defend you.

Did you get a giggle out of this? Did you get a tiny spark of what might, if you were being hopeful, be called emotion? Was it worth the ten seconds you spent typing it?

Memers memeing memers with memes. It's an ashen cycle, and I hate you all for it.

What he said is true, though. People are willing to help women in a way that they are not willing to help men.

I bet you think it's philosophy's job to defend common sense.

I bet you disparage nihilism using words like "lacks progress" and "dead-end".

Disgusting.

I think it depends from country to country honestly. I was taught cursive when I was around 6 back in Colombia. To this day, I still use cursive as my main method of writing. I find it weird over here, that cursive is sort of a lost art, I can count at least 5 people that I have encountered who have learned and are fluent in writing cursive.

Women are human beings, men are human doings. That's the way it's always been. Masculinity only seems frivolous to you because you don't have to live in the world as a man.

THE FUCK YOU JUST SAY TO ME MUTHAFUKA YA SHIT CUNT

YOU FUCKING SAY THAT TO MY FACE AND SEE IF I'M LACKING "VITALITY" YOU PUSSY ASS BITCH BOY

HUH? HUH? HUH? I THOUGHT SO!

>women are animals, men are human
Fixed that for you.

Don't care much about philosophy, I'm afraid.

>y-you just don't understand MY experience! Someone like you could never argue against someone like me!
Bitch masculinity obviously holds all the superior human qualities we've somehow managed to divide up between the sexes, and femininity holds all the worst.

But that has nothing to do with what I or anyone else in this conversation said.
It's mostly an American thing, because Americans have a horrible education system which somehow manages to associate "handwriting" with "LOL USELESS SHIT MITOCHONDRIA OF THE CELL YOU SHOULD HAVE TAUGHT US TAXES THAT'D HAVE BEEN SO MUCH BETTER"

You're inherently wrong. Both masculinity and femininity are creations of men. Men are action, women are reaction. Men fuck, women get fucked. Like pottery.

>But that has nothing to do with what I or anyone else in this conversation said.
You didn't actually say anything in response to my post, I was just elaborating on my original point. Your lack of direct responses is just a way of avoiding the conversation.

I've tried that and it's not a good experience. The pottery is rough and often has jagged edges; the glasswork was better.
Of course I did. Can't you read?

If anyone's avoiding the conversation...it's you...right now...

Yeah, what a cogent fucking reply you gave here

Just keep dodging user. I'm sure they won't notice!

Dodging what? You're the one dodging through your attempts at humorous replies

I'm not attempting humour you fucknugget I'm joining in.

Is that example of cursive what you'd typically learn in an American school? It's a bit different than what I was thought in Romania back in the 80s, by which I mean my version had even more curls and loops and frills.

I, for one, hated that shit. Not because I felt "emasculated" but because it made my writing slower, harder and less legible than the sort of hand-adapted type that I've been writing in ever since junior high. I know the purpose of cursive is just the opposite of all that, that is to make one's writing faster and easier; it just had the opposite effect on me. Anyone else experience this?

No, because we didn't learn the curls.

t. Brit

That's some gay shit

That is the modern, simplified form of cursive that is taught in America. In earlier times more complex forms were used.

They're still pretty curly, just in a different way than ours. Here's our small cursive letters. I wish I could find a picture of the caps online; I find them even more frivolous.

Anyway, from what I've heard from other parents, there seems to be a backlash here against the extra-curly cursive. But then again it doesn't surprise me to see the opposite kind of backlash on Veeky Forums. On the one hand, this board tends to be conservative in its opinions and habits; on the other, the society I live in is usually in counterpoint to trends in the first world West by anywhere between ten to fifty years. Maybe one day this will be back in vogue, though I still prefer my brand of straight edged cursive-type hybrid.

>tfw your handwriting will never be this good

Who the fuck are the Brittish?

>Murican education

That is an old spelling of the word which was acceptable at the time. The Old and Middle English forms of the word contained two "t"s so I assume that is why they were retained for a while. Here is a Brittish book which uses this spelling.

I would accept that if British wasn't spelled with one T throughout the rest of the declaration.

Spelling wasn't standardized in that way back then. Samuel Johnson's dictionary was only published 21 years prior.

For some reason, everyone I've met who was born beyond 1993, doesn't know how to write cursive or in some cases they can't even read it. People will take it as an arcaism but never as something feminine.

Also I checked Johnson and he didn't include this word.

Even so, why would it be spelled multiple ways on the same document? It's the inconsistency that I don't understand.

It's just a variant spelling. I wouldn't try to impose modern spelling consistency on something from that long ago. There's also the possibility it has something to do with the drafting process of the document, but I don't know enough about that to say.

I was born in 1993, and in my primary school we were the last year that was taught cursive.

It really fucked me up actually, because it high-school we were only allowed to write non-cursive, now my handwriting looks like satanic scratchings.

>It's like using a tub to wash your clothes
Hey man the laundromat is far away and my bathroom is across the hall. Don't hate.

People nowadays often change between no one, noone and no-one, for example.

>it high-school we were only allowed to write non-cursive
what the fuck

Nice black squiggles.

The only emasculating thing a man can do is believe he can be emasculated.

It looks like if I wrote in Ali diwani I'd kill yself

Maybe if you want to do calligraphy but I've never had a problem writing on any paper with my fountain pen.

Haven't written anything in cursive except my signature since I was in elementary school. Sometimes I'm a bit frustrated with the slowness of my handwriting and I wonder if practicing cursive would help me improve, but it would be a lot of trouble and probably make my handwriting more illegible than it already is. Also computers exist if you really need to write fast.

ngl english calligraphy sucks. arabic and chinese have the most aesthetic writing

as long as you have a fine nib then youre good