So this is my first time on this board, cause I've been wondering

So this is my first time on this board, cause I've been wondering
Why is this supposed to be such a bad thing?

nice try, my friend

I'll bite.

The flavor profile of pineapples do not mesh well with the flavor profile of pizza. Pizza is comprised of thick savory flavors whereas Pineapple has a thinner fibrous sweetness. The two, at least in theory, just don't go well together.

With that said, I had tried Pineapple on my Pizza for the first time a few weeks ago and it wasn't as bad as you would think. I certainly did not find it enjoyable (I ended up removing them) but it did surprise me that it wasn't as bad as I had expected it to be

It's just like any other controversial food: some people like it, others hate it. The problem is you have retards on both sides who think that other people's taste in food is objectively bad if it doesn't agree with their own. If you think it tastes good, fuck the haters.

>The flavor profile of pineapples do not mesh well with the flavor profile of pizza. Pizza is comprised of thick savory flavors whereas Pineapple has a thinner fibrous sweetness.
I completely disagree. I find that the sweet acidity of the pineapple adds contrast against the savory and greasy flavors of the cheese and ham. They accent one another and bring out subtleties that neither really has on their own. Its one of my favorite topping combinations, but it can be improved on. Next time you have pizza, consider trying:

Pineapple
Grilled chicken
Bacon
Banana peppers
Red onions
Barbecue sauce (either replacing the tomato sauce or as a light drizzle applied right after the pizza comes out of the oven)

Some restaurants call this a "Maui Wowie".

I used to think it was alright, but this recent meme-hate for it has made me love it

>barbecue chicken pizza

Ah yes, the pizza for people who hate pizza.

Why is anything anything? That is the style from LA and that is where my manager lives and my agent, OK?

>sweet and savory cannot be mixed

Jesus.

JESUS.

I love pizza, and love bbq, but I can never stand more than a single slice of bbq sauce on pizza. It tastes really great for that single slice, and then I get sick of it.

Chicken, roasted red pepper and pineapple is GOAT, though.

Better luck next time.

>he tried a pizza with pineapple

The meme isn't that pinapple is good or bad on pizza it's to get up in arms about it like a handfull of dumb faggots do to mock them.

>meme

It's not a bad thing. It's a divisive thing. It's a very un-Italian take on a dish with Italian roots. Some folks don't like that. It's also a very sweet savory dish - pineapple is one of the sweetest fruits there is. While pineapple and ham was a popular combination of flavors back in the day adding this combination to cheese, tomato sauce and bread is a bit too much for some folks. Also it's gimmicky. Good pizza is good when it's simple.. If the pizza benefits from adding more and more toppings to it you didn't start out with good pizza. When a place specializes in all kinds of crazy topping combination it's usually a sign their pizza is more like Pizza Hut than your favorite neighborhood joint in Midwood. The same is true for pizzas with stuffed crust, "Meat Lovers pizza", pizzas with weird sauces like BBQ, ranch or Buffalo - these are gimmicks employed to hide the fact that the pizza itself isn't very good. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with enjoying bad pizza - it's pretty much all you can get in some places, and even bad pizza is better than no pizza. What's that new one at Little Caesar's - some kind of smokehouse BBQ pizza? Shit like that is a sign the place doesn't make good pizza. For some of us Hawaiian pizza is just a step too far in that direction.

I think you would enjoy a good meme pizza, the only toppings are cheese and leaves

>un-itallian

Stopped reading right there. Pizza is inharently un-itallian because it's an American food.

I'm listening, user.

>why is it bad

Because pineapple makes your mouth and tongue feel like it's been raked with a branch from a thornbush.

(you)

It tastes fine but I always consider it a kid's choice. I loved it as a kid and I'd still eat it but there's a heap of other toppings I'd rather have.

>raked with a branch from a thorn bush

>he forgot to peel his pinapple

That only applies to raw pineapple, which contains an protein-dissolving enzyme. The heat of cooking destroys said enzyme.

The pizza is made from canned pineapple which is cooked and thus doesn't have this problem. Not to mention it's cooked further in the pizza oven.

Pineapple and pork pairing is a beautiful thing

Even on pizza

It's both an Italian food and an American food. It's also a Japanese food, and they're the only counmtry that has us beat when it comes to odd pizza toppings. (FWIW, Hawaiian pizza is Canadian).

"Pizza is American" is a meme.

>cheese and leaves

kek

My goto is:
Ground beef
JalapeƱos
Pineapple

It's sweet, savoury, and spicy.. I love all these things.

This is what a good pizza looks like my fine feathered friends

Not really. Italian and American Pizza are similar, but effectively different dishes. On top of that, American Pizza is more popular globally than Italian pizza and has beat out Italian pizza in various world pizza competitions for the last several years running, including ones in Italy so take that as you will.

Good taste

>boss buys everyone pizza
>most coworkers suggest pineapple pizza
>i usually just suggest cheese when in this sort of setting
>end up getting cheese, veggie, and two pineapple pizzas
>everyone ends up eating the cheese pizza

Why. They're cool people and all, but why is this a thing.

This always happens for me too. That's why if we're ever getting pizza as a group I always pay for my own pizza.

There is nothing wrong with it, it is just a meme to hate it, combined with the fact that pizzas are generally shared foods, so people whine if the pizza their group orders has something they don't like on it.

It is basically a more accessible skub.

Cheese pizza always looks better than it sounds

> it is just a meme to hate it
No its fucking not...I don't eat either hawaiian nor vegetarian pizza cause they taste like terrible...

Because you are a pleb.

Jesus, and here I thought Veeky Forums is chill

>pizza is italian/american

God forbid me to put something on a piece of flat dough in more than one country

>pineapple on pizza is disgusting
Hold it right there, fuckwad. You may have a taste that is on par with a troglodyte, but this doesn't give you the right to insult this cunning blend of flavors.
This sweet and slightly sour taste goes perfectly well with with the salty, rich taste of ham and tomatos.
Ofc you can forget frozen pizza for this, that shit is disgusting.
You need to make your own pizza. With fresh pineapple. That shit is the bomb

The controversy is a meme and nothing more.

Yep, its as retarded as saying sweet & sour asian dishes are somehow incorrect.
Pizza is just dough with huge variety of possible toppings. You could put nutella on a pizza dough and it'd be fine.
Ananas is absolutely fine too.

ok good pizza:
>prosciutto
>mozzarella
>gorgonzola
>arugula
>artichoke
>champignon
>basil
this is how i make homemade pizza

>one box of Jiffy pizza dough mix
>one can of cherry pie filling

nutella on pizza is great. you have to do it right, though.
I have seen people who took a normal pizza and spread nutella on it. that's it. Tasted like ass.
You need to replace the tomato sauce with nutella. Focus more on sweeter toppings, like banana and pineapple. Don't forget a layer of green ham on the nutella itself, so it won't dry out when baking.
Delicious. Not for everyone, but if you like nutella, you should def try it

>I have seen people who took a normal pizza and spread nutella on it. that's it. Tasted like ass.
What you mean when it has tomato and other toppings on it? No ones that retarded.

>No ones that retarded.

trust me. I know people who would be unable to boil a pot of water if they lost the receipe. People ARE that retarded

It's the standard pizza in Australia.