He doesn't have a steady stream of royalty payments coming in from his books

>he doesn't have a steady stream of royalty payments coming in from his books

Literally why don't more of you fags swallow your pride and self-publish. Easiest way of making money for someone who can string a few words together.

What do you write?

Where did you self-publish?

Maybe I'll do it someday haha

Bump, I want to know this too. If you give us the title I'll give a 5-star review in return, one that says 'Grabs you by the throat and shakes you til your teeth rattle' or something equally non-descriptive because I'm fairly sure I won't read more than half a page of whatever excrement you concocted

Erotica mainly

Amazon

Haha! :)

At first I was writing two novellas a week, but it really wasn't worth the effort.

But I posted a thread on here last year about how my friend and I were creating a bot which automatically purchases free books (self-published authors often offer their work for free to a select number of initial buyers), scraping their content, mixing up various passages from different books, auto-generating a cover and then publishing it with a blurb written manually. What you see in my OP pic is the result of around 100, often 150, books being published every month, flooding various genres and appearing under countless pseudonyms (if one sucks the author can't be blacklisted).

If we identify a genre that seems to be growing or seems underpopulated we flood it with these pseudo-books. Someone will read the first chapter (that someone else has written) and think it's great. Then the rest will be largely incomprehensible but they'll have already bought it.

>per month

Whoops, should be per week :)

>my friend and I were creating a bot
>in my OP pic is the result of around 100, often 150, books
Oh, so you're not a writer at all actually

>royalties
>self publishing
How is there anyone falling for this?

This is sort of like asking "why aren't you an entrepeneur yet, Veeky Forums?" but when asked to elaborate you reveal you just rob a gas station once every while

kek

entrepreneur*

Literal plagarism

It's like saying "why are you losers still virgins Veeky Forums" but then when you post a picture of your gf it's a goat.

This brings up something that I was thinking about earlier today Veeky Forums, is there a way people like us could create a service that identifies and targets phony authors on sites like Amazon and eBay to give them negative reviews to protect the integrity of literature? It seems like it is one of the ways disingenuous people make money.

Who wants to buy a book by a self-published author, anyway?

True, but that could be another selling point for this service because it helps purify the quality of books by separating the phonies from the realm authentic, possibly good self-published books.

Private property is theft though, so it doesn't make a difference.

There's evidently something up with your cognition, probably tied to your ease with dishonesty, considering you actually did write 'per week' or rather 'a week'. Glad you're accelerating the selfpub industry into its demise anyway, OP.

How to make money off fat chicks and misc. bored females:

> get penname with initials (X.Y. [Bland])
> smoke so much weed (it will pay off later)
> write very drawn out erotica
> main character is female
> setting is familiar or wildly exotic
> said character is uncertain about what she wants
> she is often a victim of circumstances
> she wants to feel beautiful!
> she deserves to feel beautiful!
> meets good-looking man somehow
> uncertain about long-term prospects but engages anyway
> it is chaotic but steamy, "provocative"
> (basically she gets dominated and likes it)
> she learns something about herself (possible confidence boost)
> self-knowledge is never fully articulated (Lacanian symbolism is helpful here)
> more steamy chaos, then done
> she leaves him but does not hate him
> short meditation on the ambiguous self-knowledge
> possibility for a sequel is left open

Thank me later by giving me one (1) million dollars USD once you've sold your book rights to Hollywood.

sounds like an awful lot of work for pennies desu

I write the blurbs, so yes.

Don't ask me :^)

>pennies
>hard work

lol @ u. It's no work at all beyond the initial process of setting things up (which did admittedly take longer than expected). Now there's a steady stream of royalties which is only increasing as more books flood the market.

But the point is that you're not self-publishing and not an author, you're conning both readers and actual authors.

so you´re running a scam? nice work OP, keep it up

I believe user meant you don't write anything worth-while.