ayo you can't talk about the Tao!

> ayo you can't talk about the Tao!
> imma talk about it anyway!

Why can't quietists just be fucking quiet?

shhhhh

>via negativa

/thread

so no onee has anything to say?

shh...this is a quietest thread

*whispers*
he only means that the tao exists beyond words, but you can still describe some aspects of it
(sorry for breaking the quiet)

This.

You can "point" to it.

you have to be more quiet user

Daoism isn't quietism you retard, it's about effortless action. It's the difference between a shitpost that is just a shitpost and a shitpost that the writer purposefully made to be a shitpost.

(Checked)

you are not zen!

MAKE ME YOU FUCKING FUCK!

You are stupid so I'm going to correct you with memes.
This is the Lovecraft school of thought
>Words can't describe the Tao
>It's undescribable

I read the Tao Te ching from an observer point of view.

I truly believe one has to be born and raised in Chinese// Korean and initiated into eastern "spiritualism" to truly understand the "Tao"

Its not for westerners born in a completely different culture.
If you want enlightenment try Greek Philosophy/ mysticism like Stoicism, Neo Platonism, hermetic Philosophy

The people of "eastern" culture are also of a completely different culture from which Tao Te Ching of written. No closer than a contemporary American is to an ancient Grecian. It's all fucked, and we're all fucked. Quietists should just be quiet.

better to maintain complete calmness than to speak a lot and die therefore.

>I truly believe one has to be born and raised in Chinese// Korean and initiated into eastern "spiritualism" to truly understand the "Tao"
Bullshit, taoism is just a slightly more theoretical feng shui. I.e., alchemy and superstition cowdung.

> semantics

youre LITERALLY reifying the Tao

mu!
> undescribability is not a description!

Ex-taoist here and let me tell you that one of the oldest written 'books' in the HISTORY of books (literally around before books as we know them were even invented) "I Ching" which is the basis of taoism is literally a divination (fortune telling) manual/tool much like throwing bones (in this case pulling yarrows) or tarot cards. I also knew Buddhists who half-hardheartedly admitted virtually ALL of these Eastern 'religions' involve somehow communicating with unclean spirits ie. demons and letting them possess you/influence you on some conscious or subconscious level which is actually what 'meditation' truly involves in 'opening' your mind (and body) up to these influences which are actually all around us at all times and part of the spiritual kingdom of darkness. I've learned this through a long (and life-threatening)journey of learning that witchcraft and black magic and multidimensional demonic entities from the devil's dark kingdom(what I used to think were 'spirit guides' or ghosts from the now dead)are all very real by actually living with Satanists and having family members alike all into this stuff and many of them trying to literally kill me with it (as many die everyday unbeknownst to most people also as result of similar influences).

Trust me in that Buddha won't help you, Krishna won't help you, not believing in God or just in science alone DEFINITELY won't help you and this all includes taoism ( which on the surface seems as neutral as 'religions' can get) and is also full of essentially lies branded as truths from taking any sort of advice from these dark spirits which again, are around us at all times (along with angels to protect)Let me emphasize all this in a nutshell with one clear message regarding this so-called 'religion' (which as another user said taoism like many other belief systems is essentially just spiritism and even VERY FITTINGLY posted a snake eating it's own tail to boot)

ONLY
JESUS
SAVES

I thank God everyday for my life and this testimony whether you choose to believe me or not it's a very real struggle we must all face from day to day whether we realize it or not through our waking-life conscious decisions (spiritual righteousness vs. sins of the fleshly nature)

Hope this helps and God Bless.

this is good bait im gonna save it

keep it because the truth will catch more souls than any lie

Praise Jesus

Quite similair to some stories I heard, so I'm slightly of opining it's not larping. Care to explain on those dark spirits? I know of a friend of a friend that was with this chick that was into occultism. He left her, and actually believed she put a curse on him. He had paranoia, trouble sleeping, and behaved weirdly all the times. Went to shrink, didn't help. Shrink send him to priest exorcists, he did no exorcism, and only ordered him communion and prayer, and it apparently worked.

>I'm a weak son of a bitch who needs saving from myself

haha, this is the worst jesus ad I've seen for a long time

>Its not for westerners born in a completely different culture.
Disagree. It's a highly practicable philosophy which teaches that everything moves in cycles. Very useful in investing, for example. If you watch the markets, you can see Taoist principles in action all the time.